Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NEW CHECKPOINT
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 06:56 AM
NEW CHECKPOINT

We were coming home from San Quintin yesterday and came upon a new checkpoint in the mountains after the Recreo area and before Santo Tomas. They were just setting it up. had a tractor digging roads to the side of the road to pullout. They had red cones set up and just waved us through . Be aware, k:yes:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 7-23-2005 at 11:42 PM
Keri...

Seems like there has always been a checkpoint north of Santo Tomas after you climb the steep switchbacks and get up on top...does that now mean there are two checkpoints, above and below Santo Tomas?

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 7-24-2005 at 10:06 AM
Mexray

There is the regular checkpoint just out of ensenada , the big one that is always there. This was a new one I've never seen before. I've been driving this road over 25 years as we had a place in mulege and now a small trailer in San Quintin. Never seen this. lt looked new as they were grading the road on either side for you to pull out. I thought at the time it was funny they were so close together and I wondered if they were going to move the other one. That's all I know. If it's been there before I've never seen it. In the last 6 months I've driven that road 4 times, We always go during the week, maybe it is there on the weekends. Lots of people coming back from The El Rosario festival. Maybe they can tell us more k:?::yes:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 08:00 PM

Just went through...nothing there......?
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 08:08 PM

I went up to SD on the free road friday and all the check points were unmanned. Hit the border at 6:00 am and the border people were waving people through. It sucked waiting for Costco to open but I think I'm gonna make early morning departures more often......

Keep Mexico weird

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.