Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Hatred
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:02 PM
Wound Too Tight

It must be something in the air or the water. JR seems to be wound up a lot more than usual. I think that we could disagree on points of view without so much of this Chicken Poop being thrown around.

On another (related) subject: an additional point to reinforce my initial assessment of SP would be his apparent idealization of Louis Nizer, a Left-Wing Lawyer who was infatuated with the traitors, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.
soulpatch
Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:09 PM
Hey there Mr. Bill.............

.............nice blanket characterization garnered from a few measley posts!!!!!!!!! Isn't forming an opinion based on so few inputs, oh, I don't know, ignorant?
Where did I say I idolized Nizer? I just like the quote. It's how I feel about "pablum for the masses".
OOPPPPSSS. Good catch, I missed a key. Jokes on me!:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by soulpatch]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:21 PM
Oh, I don't Know.............

I'm just taking you at your words:
Well, just so folks can form an opinion and be forewarned if we meet I will state that I am opinionated, blunt at times, especially when it comes to when I just want to be left alone, use profanity excessively, am comfortable walking around naked, I drink regularly and often more than my doctor would say is healthy, think pot should be legal, will smoke an occasional cigar and laugh at off-color, religious and racial jokes( but I don't discriminate since my race is easily targeted and the religion I grew up in is full of pederasts) and relatively intolerant of idiots and blowhards.
However,
I am honest, forthright, hardworking and loyal to any that deserve it, not afraid to hang it out into the wind if the end result has the potential to be worth it, share pretty much everything I have and will help anybody I can if possible.

True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess. -Louis Nizer,
lawyer (1902-1994)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you take pride in being truthful, I have to assume that your own assessment is correct. If so, it is quite apparent that I would have nothing in common with that attitude. I've found that first impressions usually are correct. Long ago, I also found that there is not enough time in life to give justice to those whom you agree with and respect so there's no point in wasting time with people you don't.

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by MrBillM]
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:35 PM

JZ:

Ban JR, No Way!
He is the reason many of us use this forum.
He is one of the few posters that know anything.
People do pee him off, but his +s are bigger that his -s.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:50 PM

What do you mean "knows anything " ?? How about " everything "
Ask him and he'll tell you.:bounce::bounce::bounce:t
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:52 PM

BTW, The bullchit bickering is the only reason I even open this forum
movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:54 PM

It is seldom that the miserable of the world can help regarding their misery as a wrong inflicted by those who are less miserable.

- George Eliot

:cool:
HotSchott
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 07:11 PM

Reading this forum is like being in the LA bus terminal at 2:00 AM waiting for a greyhound. Profoundly wierd.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 07:20 PM
His Eminence

JR, Defender of the Peninsula, Conservator of Indigenous Purity, Protector of Ancient Culture, Cultivator of The Holy Bamboo, The Last Bulwark against the "P-nche" Invasion , His Supreme Holiness. What would life be like without his Divine Guidance through this temporal morass ?

On the other hand, maybe he's just a strange old coot slowly being dragged under by age-related dementia.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-31-2005 at 07:29 PM
You got it Bill

That's why I been out stocking up on weaponry.:lol:
bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 07:52 PM
So odd...

I am vaguely aware of a flare-up in progress here at Baja Nomad, but for all the tortas in TJ I could not tell you what it's about/how it began. As best I can tell, people are mad about people being mad?

Anyway, seems like the ideal time to quote Mr.Rodney King, who so famously said, "OUCH! Stop it!"
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 08:46 AM

:?:HMMM? I must be in the wrong Forum?? I thought this was a General BAJA Discussion BOARD? Looks like it has come to Discussion of PEOPLE (NOT BAJA) Board??:?: OR???:( Sad that it has as it's been a Good Forum in the PAST it seems!!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 12:17 PM
I suppose anyone

who dares read a thread titled "Hatred" could imagine the hate is about people not Baja.

Another subjective verb.
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 02:41 PM

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS AN OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:?::?::?::?::?:

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by bajaruby]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 04:46 PM
Yah

I wonder what kind of gringo would title a post "hatred" in a general Baja discussion board.:light:
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 06:29 PM

Subjective verb?

Mike - I think hatred might be a bit strong - I prefer to think of them (and I'm one) as cyber-spitball throwers.

Actually I've changed my mind on good old JR - I really feel sorry for the guy - I mean it's pretty obvious that someone who's making 20/30 posts a day to a site like this without really saying much has some other issues going on in his life.

Afterall - we're basically all brothers here - and ultimately I wish the guy well.

And that's no caca.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 06:51 PM
Braulio

The only hatred captured in my title is the hatred a few folks have for the rest of us. As an ideal, I certainly couldn't hate JR (as the current example). I believe that most folks here (and I speak for no one) just feel pity for him. It is too unfortunate that JR has such a unique vantage point on very specific issues that he could happily share with the rest of us and that, rather, he chooses to attack almost everyone and to place us into neat little compartments so he can shoot darts at subcultures that are, in his eyes, beneath his own.

So the hatred is solely his. I don't hate him. I just enjoy sitting back and wondering what makes such a ******** person find a way to keep it all going, if only in his own head.

[Edited on 8-2-2005 by BajaNomad]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 06:55 PM
Bwahahahahahaha

All this clucking is kinda makin me feel sorry for myself!:lol::lol::lol:

And if this is really the case, why are you still posting when you should be feeling sorry for me too geniuses!:moon:
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 06:57 PM

We're on the same page Mike - vis-a-vis - where the hatred is coming from.

When are you going to finish your story? - I hate being strung out like that.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 06:59 PM
I'd say

it's more like the same sentence rather than page! bookends perhaps.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.