Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Not being a victim
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 12:42 PM
Not being a victim

Some thoughts on moving to a foreign country.

1. Learn the language at least a little.
2. Don't move to a gringo enclave where thieves like to prey
3. Don't move to a city
4. Meet and talk to the local people
5. Show them you are either a good or bad person. (they can tell)
6. Don't complain
7. Don't try to change anything your first week or year
there.
8. Make a friend
9. Don't think that you are better than them for whatever silly reasons. You are not.
10. Learn from the locals and don't try to teach them your ways
11. Mind your own business
12. Don't tell them you like george bush!
13. Respect everyone, no matter thier appearance or social status
14. Mind your own business
15. When you are established/respected, work together with the community to make things happen for the benefit of all, not just you.
16. Mind your own business
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 01:30 PM
JR---

I take exception to #12----------most of the Mexicans I know, both south of, and north of, the border respect President George Bush, and if fact like him. It appears to me that only those who want to be "on the dole" that don't like him-----I try not to associate with those types, both north and south of, the border.

(you just had to include #12 didn't you, on your otherwise excellent list.) (-:

I totally agree with all the others.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 01:34 PM

Here in Spanish speaking Southern California, the 'Viva Bush' stickers were very widely seen... Mexicans love children, and have little respect for pro-abortion John Kerry and his party.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 02:12 PM

"Don't move to a city"

Please define what you mean by city.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-3-2005 at 03:09 PM
Well, look what popped

out of the bush!:lol:
Well, most of the Mexicans I know can't stand the guy and consider him the same as Bin Laden. Or whether his equal Kerry is any better or not.
And considering the Mexicans feelings about war, I don't believe any of you bush supporters when you say they like him. But, this ain't about that.

As far as a "city" goes, anywhere where there is a majority of foreigners be they Mexican, gringo Hindu or martian who congregate for work, theft, action, who knows what.

In this case (Baja) I would consider basically all the areas along the coast where people congregate, including Bahia Concepcion despite the fact there aren't any major buildings or work. I guess this could be called a "temporary city".
One of the first things to happen when there is development is crime, right after the realtors.:light:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 03:40 PM

Okay, under that definition I disagree with that one, but all the rest are good.

If you said big city, party town, or border town, I'd have agreed.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Here in Spanish speaking Southern California, the 'Viva Bush' stickers were very widely seen... Mexicans love children, and have little respect for pro-abortion John Kerry and his party.

John Kerry is Catholic and is personally against abortion. He only supports the right for a woman to make her own choice. I've read up on this many times over the past year.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 04:53 PM
For JZ

check out the previous posts regarding theft in Bahia Concepcion, Loreto, Mulege, El Rosario, and most anywhere else I am describing, and then get back to me!:lol:

And, this post isn't about politics, David just can't control himself when bush is mentioned. I think it's because he went for so long without any!:o
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

biggrin.gif posted on 8-3-2005 at 04:54 PM
ha!! JR - you knucklehead!

no. 12 proves that the representative statistical sample of mexicans you seem to know do not concur with the majority, therefore your view is myopic and invalid against the mean population.

You gots to do a little better research amigo before you expound as you're want to do.....if you want to gain more credibility with the constant treatises.

but keep trying, it's comical when you set off the others who have time and energy to get into it with you.....me, i take none of this internet drivel seriously! hahahaha:coolup::lol::rolleyes:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 04:58 PM

Who gives a "F"---- I spent 40 years down there and all I practiced was honesty, fainess, and friendliness.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-3-2005 at 05:07 PM
Calmate Bernie

That was then, I'm talking about now. And many who still live down here and are thinking about moving here probably giva a F---. And , shame on you.

Who gives a F? tsk tsk tsk!

And, dealing with Mexicans from all aspects of life, who live in Mexico rather than the americanized ones yall are underpaying, I still disagee about their feelings regarding the bush.
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 05:20 PM

You could probably count on one hand the number of countries that agree with our current political position.

Therianthropic
bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 05:21 PM
Just a small point of fact JR...

numbers 11, 14 and 16 negate your own list.

A wise man once said, "Don't preach about not preaching."

:smug: I employ this emoticon out of pity as I've never seen him used before.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 06:28 PM

Jrbaja I think you forgot one

# 17 don't feed the chickens.:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 06:37 PM

Bruce, You funny man, Jr just feed the chickens!!!
JR our rancher freinds are all for Bush. I think it depends on what people do and how they make a living. I my self don't discuss politics.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 07:30 PM

Funny how we all come away with different ideas. On George Bush, and I voted for him, the Mexicans I talk with think he is a crazy war monger and wants to take over the world. I try to avoid political conversations in Mexico as it is a way to be sent home---never to return. If asked, I will give a watered down version of what I think. My only exception is when I am asked about the French. I have no use for them or their stinkin' country. Bunch of ungrateful Frogs. Sharky

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 07:35 PM

Sharky..

Guess your not going to Tahiti soon.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 07:40 PM
i have a feelin that alot of people...

are going to have a big problem with #6....most people i know like to complain and actually go out of their way to find things to complain about... i think it goes hand in hand with the George Bush era:lol::lol::lol:
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 07:47 PM

Hi folks, just checking in after a long hiatus; I like to see who takes the bait when JR throws fireworks into the barnyard. Although my grandson keeps me pretty busy these days, I'm free tonight as he is off with his parents.

I couldn't help noticing how quickly The Self Promoter (although I cannot claim originality for the moniker, I do find it appropriate) swallowed the "Bush" bait, with his clear recollection of having seen "Viva Bush" bumper stickers throughout "Spanish Speaking Southern California" (having left Southern California two years ago after eighteen years, and getting by on the english language, even in my local carniceria, I'm surprised to hear that the region has switched to spanish so quickly).

I will presume that any readers are aware that the highest percentage of Bush votes attributed to Hispanics is 44%, a figure in much debate, does not constitute a majority, so as to how it indicates Hispanics are behind Bush is lost on me.

It must be appreciated how difficult a choice supporting Bush can be for a Mexican immigrant; on one hand he weakly espoused a legal immigrant worker program, yes, cynics like myself will say that was before the election when the effort for Hispanic votes seemed like a good idea would be to open the border, but hey, the guy did hold out some hope, didn't he?

On the other hand, any Hispanic not in a comatose condition for the past two plus years knows that the blood of his brethren will have to be shed on foreign soil in disproportionate numbers to the white race, to satisfy the bloodlust, excuse me, there I go again, I mean, to bring democracy to the "region".

So what's a poor Hispanic voter to do? Well, it might seem more likely that Cu?ado Antonio will be admitted to the U.S. and bring the sister and sobrinos to enjoy the good life, than the possibility that the fourteen year old son will have to go off and die, as payback for a first world standard of living. But is it really? If our Hispanic friend stops to consider, we've been making enemies faster than we can kill them, he may not view his son's enlistment and deployment as too far fetched.

Be all that as it may, please don't try and put forth the Republican Party as standard bearers for immigrants from the third world. I mean, give me a break.

I have no way of knowing what was in John Kerry's heart re the abortion issue, but if it's the law of the land as decreed by the Supreme Court, how could it be wrong? Weren't they the same body that elected the President?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-3-2005 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikon
I have no way of knowing what was in John Kerry's heart re the abortion issue, but if it's the law of the land as decreed by the Supreme Court, how could it be wrong? Weren't they the same body that elected the President?

Well said...:light:
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.