Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: So what's what with the whiners
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-12-2005 at 08:38 AM
So what's what with the whiners

druby and yankee say everyone is leaving this board because Doug isn't fair.

Others say it's because of the arguments.

DK says it's because I call P-nche gringos P-nche gringos.

I have shown friends who live in Baja the board and they see right through the armchair advice posted by Baja "gurus" and realize the hot air that is being posted.

Most of them still read the board for the humor and pictures but certainly don't want to get involved when there is so much whining from dk and the groupers.

But in reality, I doubt that these whiners even have a clue as to who is or isn't leaving the board. Just like their info on Baja. Armchair info doesn't interest anyone who actually spends time here.

As far as newbies go, DK seems to think that unless he personally u2u's them when they sign up, everyone else is out to scare them away.:lol:

Fact is, the newbies are the only ones impressed with armchair information posted by tourists. Go david! You've found someone you can impress!:lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 08:50 AM

I am not going anywhere, I love it here. I don't understand why some one quits just because the heat gets turned up a little under there Butt. that is the fun part of this forum. debate was always my favorite subject in collage and I don't back down easy. and I never quit. I can argue both sides of any issue and enjoy it . I wonder why I hate politicians so much?:lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 08:53 AM
Bruce

I could have sworn the spelling bees would have been your favorite in college.:lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 08:57 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:No not hardly that was the sore point. :lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 09:25 AM

Let me tell you why people may be leaving.

Most folks who post or lurk probably do so for reasons light-hearted and positive. Unfortunately, I think many would suggest that Nomad board space has recently been consumed with negativity. People are going to think twice about jumping in when there is a reasonable probability they will be criticized.

I think the proof is in a sample of the posters. The vast majority of posts are from JR, Bruce Leech, Yankee Irishman and a couple of others. That is not the way the old Amigos board was, nor is it the way the Nomads boeeard was after the demise of Amigos de Baja. What ever happened to David Eidell? Where is Jeans? Where did Mr. Chuck go? The bottom line? It's just not very much fun, nor is it very informative any more.

Anyway, that is one person's perspective. However, I guarantee that if everyone lightens up a bit and allows a wide range of comment without critical response the board will be a much more friendly and vibrant place.

To sooth those whose feathers are ruffled by anonymous posters, my name is Dan White. I have been traveling the peninsula for 50 years, speak Spanish fluently, live in Cabo San Lucas part of the year and know a lot about Baja California. If that makes me a p....e gringo, it is a badge I will wear proudly.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 09:45 AM
50 years

and you still don't know what makes a P-nche gringo?:no:
Surely you jest!:lol:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 09:46 AM

Wow Bruce and I had you pegged for a journalism major .
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 09:55 AM

Anonymous Unregistered
you don't know what my majors were. you don't even know your name:moon: or how to sign in:light:

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 10:01 AM

DW see how easy it is to get sucked up these (discussions):spingrin::spingrin:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 10:17 AM
Who's DW ?

I didn't see any posts by that name. Oh wait, could it be a secret society of anons.?:lol:

Ever wonder why the attackers come out in force every once in a while without even being addressed themselves?:lol:
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 10:30 AM

Hey guys: Keep it up.

This board is lots of fun and every now and then I learn something.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Let me tell you why people may be leaving.

Most folks who post or lurk probably do so for reasons light-hearted and positive. Unfortunately, I think many would suggest that Nomad board space has recently been consumed with negativity. People are going to think twice about jumping in when there is a reasonable probability they will be criticized.

I think the proof is in a sample of the posters. The vast majority of posts are from JR, Bruce Leech, Yankee Irishman and a couple of others. That is not the way the old Amigos board was, nor is it the way the Nomads boeeard was after the demise of Amigos de Baja. What ever happened to David Eidell? Where is Jeans? Where did Mr. Chuck go? The bottom line? It's just not very much fun, nor is it very informative any more.

Anyway, that is one person's perspective. However, I guarantee that if everyone lightens up a bit and allows a wide range of comment without critical response the board will be a much more friendly and vibrant place.

To sooth those whose feathers are ruffled by anonymous posters, my name is Dan White. I have been traveling the peninsula for 50 years, speak Spanish fluently, live in Cabo San Lucas part of the year and know a lot about Baja California. If that makes me a p....e gringo, it is a badge I will wear proudly.
JR, Do you actually read these people's posts, or mayb you can't read??:lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 12:11 PM
Just the ones

with pictures!:lol:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 05:34 PM

Dan White...Right On!
I agree with you...lighten up. Don't be so fast to put someone down for their comments.
I will stay anonymous because JR you scare me too much...be nice it will make you feel good tomorrow. Well maybe :biggrin:
I will keep lurking and reading post that look interesting...that's why I keep coming back for more and will continue to.
:rolleyes:
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 05:42 PM

Dan

Don't be afraid of Jr, He's that little kid in the third grade that flew the paper plans etc, just to get attention, well he just grew up learned how to think and express himself, but he forgot to learn how to listen.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 05:50 PM

Is that you Me-No?

Therianthropic
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 06:51 PM
Psyche 101

ala Comitan in Comitan. :lol: I'd say you could really do some good hangin out in the Club Marlin there Lucy. Perhaps you can save all those folks too.:lol::lol::lol:
As far as listening goes, first I must respect what is being said, how it's being said, and who is saying it:light: Obviously, I don't consider clucking in those parameters:o
Reverting back to the usual, I don't start the quibbles, I just back up what I say rather than deleting, whining, and looking for support from likeminded clones.

They used to call it individuality but I'm getting a feeling that may be becoming a thing of the past in certain parts of the world. Good thing for the enclaves:lol::P
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 07:08 PM

Jr individuality is a good thing, but always bashing people or enclaves, because it is part of thier individuality, you have no right to criticize or condemn. Respect other peoples rights even if you don't agree, that is your lesson for the day from your elder.

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 07:17 PM

Im a newbie and Im not going anywhere. Where else can I get both sides of the coin? I read and then go explore to see who is closer to the truth. It gives me something else to do beside giving fish decorative piercings.
I would like to hang out with a couple of you, Im sure your even more interesting in person then on the web. BTW the pictures section on the site is really my favorite, its worth a 1000 words ya know.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 07:20 PM
Comitan

"Respect other peoples rights even if you don't agree, that is your lesson for the day from your elder. "

If the P-nche gringos followed this rule, we wouldn't be having this conversation, otherwise, I'd be makin up some stories or sumthin:lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.