Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Robbed at La Fonda
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 12:04 PM

I'm sure they will chalk it up to experience and move on - but I hardly think it's appropriate to brush this kind of thing under the rug. I have been a victim of a home burglary - it changes you. Thieves are pond scum.
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 12:28 PM
Any suggestions for securing valuables?

Do people take portable safes with them and then lock them down to something solid?

Besides recommending staying elsewhere, what way is there to safeguard your things?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 12:54 PM
Both outside and inside the USA-----

------when traveling, we NEVER take more valuables than we can carry with us at all times, other than sleeping. Never lost a thing in 60 years of travel all over the world---but we have found our hotel/motel door jimmied several times---but, nothing of value in the rooms to take. Money belts and neck pouches are great!!! I also take a small knapsack for cameras, etc.

AS said, the hotel staff/owners were really foolish to treat them that way, and it will cost them lots more in the long run.

Stuff happens-------just roll with it, be careful in the future, and get on with life. No hotel/motel is immune from this stuff, that I know of, but it does not happen often, thank God. Personally, if I caught a burgler they would be "toast", but I never have.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 01:42 PM
PS-----

Just to keep things accurate-----none of what I have read indicates a "Robbery"-----these are "burglaries". When describing what happened to the authorities, it helps to describe the right thing. You have to be present (at the scene at the time of the crime) to have it be a "Robbery".

Just some thoughts.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 02:19 PM

Ps

In mexico they are not burglars, they are robbo's.

I think there are others that can explain this better.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 02:23 PM

That reminds me of my new Mexican cookbook "Robe un pollo":o:?::yawn::wow:

Therianthropic
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 03:00 PM

Thanks for posting the info about La Fonda. I had a bad experience at that hotel in my one and only stay there about five years ago, the owner was completely rude to me for no apparent reason, and that was enough for me. I'll never go back. I am sorry to hear about your experience and your trip being ruined. I have been mugged on vacation in Ensenada and also interrupted someone once in the act of robbing my room in Las Vegas. The cops were complete jerks and acted like it was my fault because I chased the guy to get my camera back. It is very traumatic and no one should be suggesting otherwise.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 03:24 PM

Like I said before...Where's Charles Bronson when you need him?

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 03:33 PM

" Like I said before...Where's Charles Bronson when you need him?"

This sounds like a job for Robo Cop. I especially liked the car security device shown at the beginning of Rob Cop 2.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 06:19 PM
unfortunately robo-cop wasnt around to help these folks

better luck next time:o

edevart
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2005 at 12:29 PM

Just to add to the list...

My car was robbed one night there a couple of months ago. I had left it across the street from the parking lot at La Fonda for ten minutes while I went inside to look for some friends. When I came out the door was ajar and certain items were missing. (I think I caught them in the act, as the stereo, gps, etc were still there while lesser valuables such as change and a small compressor were stolen).

Despite having a place just a few km from La Fonda, I avoid it like the plague. Overpriced, bad food, terrible service, and dangerous parking. The only thing they have going for them is the view. I'll take my money elsewhere.
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2005 at 12:48 PM

Sad News. I thought the new owners had it under control. We ate dinner at La Fonda a mth or so after new owners took over. Food was Outstanding as well as the Service. The ck was even right. Wishful thinking, It would stay good.
White Angel
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2005 at 01:41 PM

Add my name to list of unhappy FORMER La Fonda clients. Horrible overpriced food and rude treatment during our last stay. Too bad because we had enjoyed it perhaps 10 years ago.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.