Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: things to do so you don't get robbed at a hotel
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 08:50 PM
things to do so you don't get robbed at a hotel

I hope some of you can add to this list. here are a few I can think of to get things started.

1 don't leave valuables in your room.

2 don't leave your car keys in your room.

3 don't leave valuables in your car.

4 don't leave your car keys in your car.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 09:02 PM

....5. don't stay at a hotel:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 09:49 PM

Don't stay in a city. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Don't stay in a town. :lol::lol::lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 05:57 AM

throw up on your money.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 06:07 AM

Mike,

You should know that puking on your money will only allow them to use their well-trained noses to locate you cash faster.

However, it has been shown that wiping your backside with it and then placing in your waste basket will draw no attention what-so-ever.
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 07:54 AM

Don`t leave home.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 08:01 AM

Can we get more coverage for this thread--It would have a tendency to reserve Baja for us folks who know how to fly or camp out. Bruce good advise why won't some folks pay attention--Heck! I don't even leave my money, keys, etc at the Pyramid---and I have more sense than to travel to Long Beach.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 09:18 AM

Supposedly the La Fonda motel had a "security guard". This would give patrons the impression that there is some element of security, and thus, prevention, in place -- not that one should not take the usual precautions. I think if the security measures provided by the hotel had failed, then they need to take some responsibility. The La Fonda owners should be run out of business as they are participants to criminal activity in their failure to adequately manage their property and providing fraudulent security.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Supposedly the La Fonda motel had a "security guard". This would give patrons the impression that there is some element of security, and thus, prevention, in place -- not that one should not take the usual precautions. I think if the security measures provided by the hotel had failed, then they need to take some responsibility. The La Fonda owners should be run out of business as they are participants to criminal activity in their failure to adequately manage their property and providing fraudulent security.

I certainly would think so . If that was my hotel I wouldn't be able to sleep at night after doing that to a customer.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 10:31 AM

If they don't have a wall safe in the closet it's always in my backpack and always with me. Street smarts will always prevail....Trust is gained not assumed.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 10:53 AM
Wilderone

Everything you said does apply to motels/hotels in the States but rarely apply in Mexico. Everyone has a security guard and they are changed very often, usually right after a series of crimes.
Forty years down here and no problems because while I love the Mexican people I never put temptation in from of them and trust only myself when it comes to vehicles, credit cards, and cash.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Everything you said does apply to motels/hotels in the States but rarely apply in Mexico. Everyone has a security guard and they are changed very often, usually right after a series of crimes.
Forty years down here and no problems because while I love the Mexican people I never put temptation in from of them and trust only myself when it comes to vehicles, credit cards, and cash.

I like the way you think . why don't you run for president next time.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 11:24 AM

if you just show up in a beaten up old car with six unruly kids, pregnant wife. grubby cloths offering to pay cash i bet you wont have any problems

jerry and judi
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 11:26 AM

see ya got it all wrong the security isnt for the patrons it to keep the patrones from ripping of the hotel:?::?::?:silly:lol::lol:

jerry and judi
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 11:59 AM

(1) From what I understand the proprietors of the La Fonda motel are from California; (2) this area is in a highly touristed norte area with many gringo residents - not the heart of Mexico or some questionable part of town off the beaten path; (3) what is the "security guard" there for if not to provide some type of security - which would include room break-ins and auto break-ins?; and (4) their behavior post-robbery is inexcusable. Moreover, I see signs all over the US: "Don't leave valuables in the car." "Not responsible for thefts or articles left ___" - which would be more helpful to a patron than allowing them to think that some precautions are being taken in their behalf by having a security guard on the premises.
TacoFeliz
Nomad

Mood: Exploratory

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 05:41 PM

Lets' not be unkind now - Long Beach is actually a pretty nice place! We actually see more gang shootings and corrupt government officials than amateurish burglaries here.

BTW, several friends ONLY auto break-in problems in Mexico over the last 40 years have been in the La Fonda parking lot...
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 05:47 PM

This "temptation" avoidance thing is sheer bullchit. Honest people don't need to avoid temptation..... thieves do. North or south of the border pricks are pricks and there really is no difference.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
(1) From what I understand the proprietors of the La Fonda motel are from California; (2) this area is in a highly touristed norte area with many gringo residents - not the heart of Mexico or some questionable part of town off the beaten path; (3) what is the "security guard" there for if not to provide some type of security - which would include room break-ins and auto break-ins?; and (4) their behavior post-robbery is inexcusable. Moreover, I see signs all over the US: "Don't leave valuables in the car." "Not responsible for thefts or articles left ___" - which would be more helpful to a patron than allowing them to think that some precautions are being taken in their behalf by having a security guard on the premises.

don't trust security guards any where in the world. when every there is a crime and there are security guards present there is about a 85 % chance they did it or are covering for who did.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 07:05 PM
Bruce

Will you run as my VP?

Ask almost any local cop in the world and he will probably tell you that when you hire a security guard you are usually hiring your next crime wave whether it be auto theft, petty theft or burglary.

So, no offence to Wilderone--they are not really hired for any other reason, in Mexico, but to make the tourists "Feel" safe. There are few exceptions to this but they are so rare that my safety procedures--trust no one always work the best.

Stop and think about it--they are paid much less than even the local cops, Mexican, make and most of us know where that salary level leads to.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 07:11 PM
The really funny part Bernie

is that these exact same people you are describing, are the ones who the government decided was best at protecting your country from terrorism! Yikes!!:lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.