BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Three most upscale restaurants in Rosarito Beach?
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 09:39 AM
i sure hope that the Mcdonalds in Rosarito is doing well...

i'm thinking about bringing the Taco Bell franchise there soon,whadya say to a cheesy gordita crunch...now thats real mexican food:lol::lol:

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-1-2005 at 10:16 AM
Surprisingly enough

We considered opening a Taco Bell down here about 10 years ago. I used to like their food and it was one of our first stops after heading through the border. A long time ago.
Now I think their food is terrible. Just like the McDonalds in Rosarito. The funny part is, they are always busy????:o
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
from the tourists viewpoints anyways:lol::lol::lol: And who would know more about restaurants than the occasional Nomad tourist passing through?:lol:
For starters, the Palm Grill has good food but, I don't think Mexicans are even allowed inside. It in fact is about as touristy as you can get! That's not a Mexican Jazz band playing on weekends Gull.
Estancia also has a gringo crowd but the Mexican food is the best and the steaks don't need knives.
Las Ma?anitas is next to my house. They started out well but the food has turned to consistently bad. They do have really good breakfast potatoes though. But that's it.
And I'm not sure why these tourists don't understand that I did not recommend Chaberts unless it's because they are trying to prove their vast knowledge of Rosarito Beach as a tourist. Chaberts is "upscale" but not a good place to eat. I hear they are having reading comprehension classes on Wednesdays though. I think they throw in a free salad bar.:lol:
One of the factors with people coming down to Rosarito is ambiance and getting a feel for things Mexican and the atmosphere.
If you consider eating alongside the dairy and gas company on the free road a treat, then that is the ambiance for you.
If you like ocean views, sunsets, excellent food and a memorable experience, I would try the places I recommended. They are based on living here and consistency, not just one or two experiences passing through.

I do hear Querencia is really good, as long as the wind is blowing the right direction!

Who is the snob on this string? JR, how would anyone have an opinion that is not consistent with yours? To think that there was any possibility that you know less than you state frequently on this forum was obvious a mistake made by more than one Nomad.

The request was upscale. Got it? It didn't have the requirement that Mexicans were allowed in or gringos were allowed in. Also, having a Mexican atmosphere wasn't in the requirement. I agree that good food is the usual reason for asking for an upscale place. Bobby's consistently sucks, La Estancia caters to gringos with passable food and I agree Chabert's also sucks and I am still wondering how it made it to your list. By your remarks, it is clear you have never been to La Querencia, so the best you can offer is that it doesn't meet the smell test. You have much to learn.

I will have to visit Las Mananitas to see if the condition you state with such authority does exist. Thank you.

Last time I was in the Palms, I did not ask for the ID of the band members. Did you? When was that?

Perhaps you could take your head out of the dark recesses that it frequently finds itself and realizes, Mr. Expert On Everything that perhaps some people have opinions, experiences and knowledge different from you or your view of you.

I have had a residence in Baja since 1969. Does that meet your criteria for a non-tourist or does it exceed your own, chicken cooper?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-1-2005 at 03:42 PM
Uh er yeah, whatever you say.

"Bobby's by the Sea - total swill, run by an a-hole
Chabert's - no way, overpriced, blah
La Estancia - can one place get to be more Gringo? "

Gulls restaurant review of Rosarito.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure this will be hard for you to understand but living here full time, with a bunch of neighbors that come down and eat out on weekends, same neighbors, every weekend, I tend to hear about as well as experience these restaurants regularly.

But, that probably doesn't mean anything to you Gull.

It was mentioned in a previous post about attitude's of tourists in these establishments and how it affects their time there. I wonder if that would apply to anyone on here and how they could manage to have such a bad time at these really fun places.:light:

It is also really fun to watch how the bartenders deal with these type of arrogant tourists. Good tequila doesn't give you a hangover!

[Edited on 9/1/2005 by jrbaja]
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbajaI'm sure this will be hard for you to understand but living here full time, with a bunch of neighbors that come down and eat out on weekends, same neighbors, every weekend, I tend to hear about as well as experience these restaurants regularly.

But, that probably doesn't mean anything to you Gull.
[Edited on 9/1/2005 by jrbaja]

Wonderful response. Once again you set the chinning bar really high. As typical of your chicken cooping to be an expert in eating you have to be a Baja resident. Therefore, nobody else on this string lives in Baja.

Now it is clear why you like Bobby's by the sea. Birds of a feather...(see earlier post).

Yes, you do not mean anything, JR. Your attitude and your self proclaimed expertise in everything has provided your lack of relevance.

Now I know why you can't get along with DK. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I also know which of you is worse.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 08:43 PM
Real thing

JR,

You must really get off on going to PN during the week and having the strolling musicians playing your two favorite "Mexican" songs - La Bamba and "yo soy marinero".

During the week, you can ask for those two to be repeated without interruption from touristas.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The squarecircle
Nomad

Mood: 'Baja Feeling'

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 11:35 PM

Greetings All; >>>>> Thank you kindly ( Pompano / jrbaja / The Gull ) for the requested info on La Querencia restaurant. > Another question: Does the Le Cousteau restaurant really have live Cuban Jazz music on the weekends? Holy SMOKES jr and gull!!! You guys are really smoken. Hope you don't blow a fuse. Oh, I just remembered, that's what fuses are for! Keep the Peace and as always, I enjoy the wisdom and instruction found here on the BajaNomad Forem. >>>>> Best Regards, sq.
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 05:53 AM
Square Circle

JR would be the best source on a Cuban Jazz band as he would have already asked for their proof of nationality and requested La Bamba and "yo soy marinero", repeatedly.
:tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin:

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 09:18 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
The squarecircle
Nomad

Mood: 'Baja Feeling'

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 10:20 AM

Greetings to The Gull & jrbaja and others: >>>>>I can only assume that neither of you two local restaurant common sewers know anything about Le Cousteau Restaurant and their "Live Cuban Jazz music on the weekeneds. It was a simple question under Baja Questions & Answers, but I quess you two are interested only in blowing each others fuse. Can any other person on this forum give me an honest answer to my simple request about Baja? >>>>> Kindest Regards, sq.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 10:44 AM
Generally Square

I tend not to reply if I don't know the answer. We don't usually go out on weekends because, it's just too crowded.
But, Le Cousteau is an awesome restaurant. That's the French one I was trying to think of next to Tequila Safari.

As far as the music goes, all I know is "La Bamba":lol::lol::lol:
foghornleghorn
Banned

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:25 AM

Where can I find some good chickens?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:41 AM
Pollos Pablos

and a number of other roasted chicken places throughout Rosarito. Chano's about 2 1/2 miles south of the Rosarito Beach Hotel makes good ones too.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 02:31 PM
For something with a little more "meat"

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 02:45 PM
That's not Steve in the background

is it?:O:lol::lol::lol:
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 03:48 PM

Does Alaska Air ring a bell???

Therianthropic
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 03:58 PM
It's hard to believe....

...that this was a serious inquiry at one point, isn't it? :lol:

I think I mananged to glean what I needed for my wife's boss.

Except one thing....where can I get a bikini that fits a whole chicken.....
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 04:10 PM
I think you can pick those up

in the lobby of Gull and Gypsys favorite restaurant. You know, the one between the dairy and the gas plant.:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, I don't even know where Querencia is located exactly! But, I have heard it's really good although the location in general is questionable at best, in my books.

And although it does take some 'gleaning" because of so many opinions, personalities, ridiculous remarks made by everyone but me, some pretty useful information seems to always come to the surface. Generally a little more than expected. It's all good.:lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 04:58 PM
Hey, whatever that is

looks a lot like Bobby's Saturday Night Special. And Sunday mornings brunch! He said he designed it for a "special crowd".
I didn't know he had the catering up and running.:lol:

[Edited on 9/3/2005 by jrbaja]
foghornleghorn
Banned

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 06:33 PM

Pompano, Is that a chicken wheeny? Hmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.