Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Giving advice on the boards
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 10:38 AM
Giving advice on the boards

Can be an adventure!:lol::lol::lol:
Advice on restaurants: I give advice on restaurants because I have frequented them, my neighbors frequent them, and they have been consistent.

There are those who chime in who may not agree but rather than stating that, they say Don't go to them for whatever reason, depite the fact that they know nothing about consistency and haven't been around besides a few trips as a rule.
I don't attack anyone elses recommendations yet Gypsy says Don't go to the places I recommended.:lol::lol: She then goes on to say that she hasn't been to Popotla because someone told her she would get sick:lol::lol::lol:

Gull on the other hand says don't go because the owner is an a--hole.:lol::lol::lol: And now, he thinks that the owner and I are friends/fellow a--holes because I recommended them.:lol::lol::lol:

I have nothing to gain by giving recommendations. And I sure don't want to hear about giving bad ones after the fact so I actually put some thought into what I think people like. And having shared these recommendations with friends and family who did indeed enjoy these places I still recommend them.

Obviously, you can't please everyone all the time but, from people who supposedly live in Rosarito, recommended restaurants that may or may not smell like dairy, or one that has no view along one of the most magnificent coastlines, and are afraid to go to one of the last remaining fishing villages around here because someone told her she might get sick, well, that pretty much says it all!:lol::lol::lol:
foghornleghorn
Banned

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:09 AM

I like chickens. Where can I find some good ones to eat. Prefrebly young uns. ClucK ClucK!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:14 AM
You've found it Fog

Love the handle!:lol::lol::lol:
Something tells me you just showed up to make trouble though. How's mike?:lol:
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:20 AM
Serve yourself some cheese with the whine, JR. Grow up.

:moon:

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:23 AM
And what were the reasons

you don't like Bobby's again ?:lol::lol::lol:
foghornleghorn
Banned

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:28 AM

I don't want to make no troubles JR. I'm just a southern Rooster who likes eatin chickens. Now where can I find me some?
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:30 AM
You asked

Had a group of 10 people out one night, most were visiting from the States and didn't want the PN scene again. Of the ten meals, only one was passable. Four of the six pasta dishes came out with Pasta that was clumped together and cold with salty sauce. When Bobbie (alias the well known a-hole) came buy with his usual toothy smile and asked if everything was fine, we pointed to the situation and he took the four away only to have them returned after a 2 minute microwave.

By the way the only passable meal was the one that failed to be served that night and my guest who was victimized by that, was satisfied with just drinking and eating appetizers.

No apologies and no alterations to the bill.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 11:53 AM
Not as an excuse for your night there

but let's see, a table of ten tourists, that obviously "know" Rosarito because they are tired of PN, one of whom is content just drinking, tells me this may have been one of those tables people just like to get rid of rather than extend service to.
And Bobby is definitely "like that!":lol::lol::lol:
But, I wasn't there! Perhaps your group just got out of church and were meek, mild mannered patrons that restaurants only dream of.:?:

But by you saying this, "Bobby's consistently sucks, La Estancia caters to gringos, I assume this has happened to you more than once there?
La Estancia most certainly does cater to gringos. And most all the business owners in Rosarito as well as a good many from TJ and Ensenada. I wonder why that would be?

And again, we don't go out much on weekends. That's when all these places are full of gringos! Put's the workers and owners in bad moods!:O:lol::lol::lol:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 12:03 PM
MY MY GULL

Don't get your downy in a twist...

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Had a group of 10 people out one night, most were visiting from the States and didn't want the PN scene again. Of the ten meals, only one was passable. Four of the six pasta dishes came out with Pasta that was clumped together and cold with salty sauce. When Bobbie (alias the well known a-hole) came buy with his usual toothy smile and asked if everything was fine, we pointed to the situation and he took the four away only to have them returned after a 2 minute microwave.

By the way the only passable meal was the one that failed to be served that night and my guest who was victimized by that, was satisfied with just drinking and eating appetizers.

No apologies and no alterations to the bill.

I am surprised you don't get served cold pasta everywhere you go.

You certainly have a boca grande.:lol:

Maybe the "toothy" guy overheard your crass remarks.

Did you visit Jesses' new place and check out the "ptomaine tacos" you said he makes?

YOU DO act the same in real life , right Gull?:P

You are probably one who might be considered "a customer from Hell":no:

I suppose you tip in the 5% range. YOU are the expert afterall.

I know the type well. A true professional critic.
Watch out, here comes the man with his note pad and his idea of what's good. :lol: trust him, he knows................................how to eat. Bravo!

Say Gull, how many meals do you order at at time to eat anyway.
Que lastima! Get a life.

You do seem to bring the best out in some.;D;);D:lol:
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 01:09 PM
Shark and JR

So that the two of you charmers can get closer to understanding... The one guest who chose to have just appetizers and drinks was because the waiter did not get that person's order placed. That condition was discovered when the rest of the meals were served, minus one. After noticing the state of the other plates, the one dinnerless person made the best choice of the night - skip it.

While both of you foolishly struggle to defend such a performance at any establishment, remember that it does not take repeated disappointments by the same folks to learn that others have been and continue to be disappointed by these and other places. People talk.

Shark you really do have serious personal issues, don't you? Still shining that glass on the framed liquor license? It was "ptomaine palace" so try and get the quote correct, next time.

JR, please pass the cheese to Shark. He needs it for his whine.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 01:42 PM
People Talk

They sure do.
That's why we have no fear of Popotla getting cluttered up with tourists ideas about places they have visited once or twice or never. People "talk". (gossip) Certain types even listen to them!

"While both of you foolishly struggle to defend such a performance at any establishment, remember that it does not take repeated disappointments by the same folks to learn that others have been and continue to be disappointed by these and other places. People talk."

Bobbies has had a "regular" group since it's founding. We are not part of it but, when we do go, there have been many people eating, as well as the regulars.

Obviously the buttcrack isn't too concerned with what a few "prayer groups" say about one bad night. At least, not according to the condiminiums he's building on the property!:lol:

Personally, I have never had a bad meal there and neither has anyone I've talked to that go regularly. By regularly, I mean at least one of my neighbors go there every weekend. And I have about 30 of these part time neighbors. I've been about 10 times and mostly with Carol's parents and relatives because we were "making an impression". :lol::lol::lol:
We still go back! Egg Plant Parmeson, Kansas Beef, Real Margaritas.
Tables of ten treated according to attitude!:lol: Don't go on weekends. My neighbors are there.:lol::lol::lol:
The Gull
Super Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 02:01 PM
...but does he have a Cuban Jazz group?

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 02:15 PM
I could mention it to him Gull

Whom should I say requested it?:lol: And any particular nights? Say, Friday, Saturday?:lol::lol:

And apparently he has Pompano, that was Herberts leftover pasta that Bobbie served Gulls group:o
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 02:43 PM

We'll lets dip our toe in the water and see what we find. My God, its a food fight. Im amazed by what people will fight over. Where as I know Sharky and Jr. Not on an intimate basis of course, but more of a, lets have a cervesa basis. Im therefore inclined to come down on their side. You know, Inteligence vrs, wantabe Bon Appetite writer. However, since I have never eaten at the your establishment of choice, I can offer no opinion. I do know that food that I thought was execelent other people hated. Its all about taste. Taste for food and taste in how one deals with other people. One out of two isn't bad birdy.

Its better to appear stupid, than to open one's mouth and confirm it......
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 03:08 PM

Bobbys` review (food only)-- Appetizer quail was great, 4 for $8 as I remember. Steaks also great, aged Angus (according to Bobby). The pasta with shrimp was O.K., nothing wrong with the garlic/cream pasta, but the shrimp was overcooked (both times ordered). Homemade bread to dip in pasta garlic/butter sauce -very good!!Pizza is something I`ll have to wait for--- I walked after waiting 1 hour! Steve, Bobbys` buddy has been trying to buy me a pizza ever since!!
One thing about giving resturant advice-- things can change quickly!!!

Hey how about that new 50ies place?? I hear they have fried chicken gizzards with gravy!!
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Whom should I say requested it?:lol: And any particular nights? Say, Friday, Saturday?:lol::lol:

Square circle was looking for it for the weekend.

The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
We'll lets dip our toe in the water and see what we find. My God, its a food fight. Im amazed by what people will fight over. Where as I know Sharky and Jr. Not on an intimate basis of course, but more of a, lets have a cervesa basis. Im therefore inclined to come down on their side. You know, Inteligence vrs, wantabe Bon Appetite writer. However, since I have never eaten at the your establishment of choice, I can offer no opinion. I do know that food that I thought was execelent other people hated. Its all about taste. Taste for food and taste in how one deals with other people. One out of two isn't bad birdy.

Its better to appear stupid, than to open one's mouth and confirm it......

Spare yourself the patronizing comments, next time. But better yet, go to Bobby's and order pizza or pasta. Go alone because you may not want anyone else around when you have one of the grand specialities of the house.

[Edited on 9-2-2005 by The Gull]

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-2-2005 at 03:56 PM
Tooooooooooo Funny

The name of that 50's Diner just happens to be one of the things Gull says I know about. La Bamba is the name. 50's dining is the game. I've eaten there once, probably chicken fried steak or something like that and it was huge and delicious. I have also had a number of hamburgers brought home from there that were good, but I know better places for burgers.
They have a soda fountain and the owners seem like real nice people.

But, I don't think Gypsy Gourmet would like it, you can almost picture a frat party going on there with Belushi playing a zit!:lol::lol:

50's atmosphere, memorabilia, by no means Mexican, but a really fun and different place to go!
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 06:05 PM
hey pompano,cool pic...

i didnt know you party with ZZtop...radical dude,let me know when the next shin-dig happens :spingrin:

foghornleghorn
Banned

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
I hear they have fried chicken gizzards with gravy!!

Now yer tawkin.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.