Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Caught you!!!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 09:15 AM
Thanks Larry and Sharks

But obviously the coop groupers aren't concerned with truth or facts. They just chime in together to attack, whether the accusations are true or false.

I think it's mandatory for a good P-nche gringo to follow these rules. Thus, georges WMD's or lack thereof, Baja gurus on this board giving Baja advice from there armchairs, and what has really happened to a once great country. Bullchit!

Wonder where Doug is!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 09:53 AM

What happed to the poll?? It was deleted before I saw the results! Wonder how the numbers came out.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-6-2005 at 09:58 AM
Another poll ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I have heard from Doug. :o
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I have heard from Doug. :o

And???????

Therianthropic
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 10:10 AM
I'll leave that up to him.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 12:00 PM
Lencho

It's called Polling and it is at least done by the IP provider. Whether the server at BajaNomad is doing any polling is unknown to me and I'm not that curious about it. However, I just brought up my dialup activity dialog box and did NOTHING on the computer for a few minutes. Bytes Sent and Bytes received changed (slowly) during that time period, indicating polling. Many dialup connections use this to disconnect you after a period of inactivity.

Persistent Cookies ? That's possible, too, although I run Spyware on all of my computers which (in theory) intercepts and disposes of ALL cookies, especially on disconnect. At least that's what they claim.

I think we're sort of beating this horse a lot long after death. Most of the significant issues seem to be settled.

1. You CAN log on as two different people from the same computer, at least using two different Browsers i.e. Netscape and IE.
2. IP address is no indication of actual computer connection since many ISPs , especially Broadband use NAT (including DirecWay) and would show the same IP for a variety of users.

The bottom line seems to be that there is no way of establishing or disproving the JR-Foghorn connection, other than they are both into Chickens.

BTW, I have checked my cookies during operation and on boot up to find none. I also clear my cache before powering down.

[Edited on 9-6-2005 by MrBillM]
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 12:15 PM

Once again, I haven't been able to figure out what the hell the significant issues are, so it's good to know they seem to have been settled.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 01:37 PM
If it can be done

why hasn't anybody done it to prove it ?
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
hey, wait a minute.........where the heck am I?????

Ok Sharky. You go 2 blocks and turn left. Go two more blocks and turn left again. You then go 8 blocks and turn right and then you go. Damm I'm lost. Where the heck am I??????
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 04:46 PM

With Firefox you have the options of having the cookies deleated (also cache) when you close Firefox.

:o:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-6-2005 at 04:57 PM
Bajaden

Has obviously asked for directions in Mexico before!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

For all those useless coopers, seems like one of them would be able to duplicate what I supposedly did in their never ending quest to defame my name. But the dumbfawks can't!:lol::lol::lol:

So, either I am smarter, or somebodies full of chit!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 05:11 PM
Let's Eat

Chickens
Cookies
To heck with all of this
Lets eat
some BAJA tacos.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 07:43 PM
Internet Explorer

I would agree with Lencho about the things that IE may be doing behind your back. That's why I don't use that MS Crap. I've been using Netscape for years. The only reason I have IE on my computer is that there are certain Servers that DEMAND it. McAfee is one and MyDirecWay is another. I only use it when I have to.

The thing about cookies is a little tricky. Spyware Doctor (and others) are sort of engaged in misdirection. They intercept the cookie and quarantine it for deletion. They give the impression that they've accepted the cookie so you don't have a problem with a server that demands you accept them. Or, at least, that's the way it's supposed to work and appears to be doing fine.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 08:25 PM
Mr BillM

Polling in http? I don't think so.

[Edited on 9-7-2005 by Roberto]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 08:38 PM
No Argument

You could very well be right. I am no expert on HTTP protocols and have no desire to become one. I made my money with 3270 and Ethernet Networks and I'm retired from that. The few support jobs I do anymore I have what knowledge I need.

I do know that my ISP monitors transmission activity and disconnects me after a set period of inactivity. One of the downsides to dealing with a discount ISP. I probably should not have used the term "Polling" since it has a very specific meaning in computer terminology. It is true, however, that the ISP is "monitoring" the connection.

As an added clarification, I should note that instead of using the term "Spyware" to describe the software, I should have said "Anti-Spyware". There now, everything is cleared up, right ?

Setting aside that issue, for whatever it was worth, the remainder remains true.

[Edited on 9-7-2005 by MrBillM]
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 09:34 PM
FYI

HTTP is a transaction-based, not connection-based protocol. The life of the transaction completes between the request from the client and the response from the server. After that, the connection (at the HTTP level) is gone. That is why cookies are needed, to store information about the past transactions on the server and simulate a connection-based protocol.

What I find strange in all this is that Doug is well aware of all the technical issues surrounding what has been discussed here - including the potential duplication of IPs in a dynamically-assigned environment, yet he said what he said. I would suspect he has a reason for this.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 09:41 PM

All Doug said was that JR and 'Foggy' had the same IP address (and 'nuff said)... some of you seemed to read more into that short post. Doug didn't say JR and 'Foggy' where the same person, just the same IP. Interesting responces since then!:rolleyes:

I think that was pretty clever of Doug...:yes:

Now back to what's really important... Baja!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-6-2005 at 09:44 PM
Chicken chit

has just attained new levels! And I would stay out of this one if I were you dk.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 09:52 PM

JR: just fess-up!!!!!!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2005 at 10:13 PM
Same IP Maybe!!!

Me being Foghorn.... Not!!

If everyone is so concerned, why can't anyone else duplicate whatever happened?

Me being foghorn is bullchit and Doug knows it. But, it sure was a great setup though.

Especially with the coop group hens and their "crow"knees there to chime in.:lol:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.