Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: and Baja speaketh unto us:
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 09:48 AM
why are people from oregon so cranky???

:lol::lol::lol:just kidding,i'm glad to see all the bickering didnt end just because jr is gone....this forum starts getting weird when everyone gets along too well...oh and btw i still havent quite figured out what you guys are arguing about,out of the way and hard to get to places will always be found by those few adventure seeking types whether you give them gps or exact directions or whatever...the rest wont go there at all even if you offered to pay them to go,they simply dont want to because they would rather go somewhere with easier access:O

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 10:25 AM

Sharks, if you think I don't understand you...well, by suggesting I promote Baja for golfers and alcoholics you REALLY don't understand me!

A GPS is just a device for noting where you are, or where you have been. It doesn't bring in MORE people anymore than a map or odometer reading does! There are excellent maps covering ALL of Baja and most main roads are documented in guidebooks. GPS receivers are NOT evil, people who trespass or paint grafitti are...

Baja is a beautiful place! The government ... and people there I have met WANT more Americans there. I know that more Americans are going rather I write travel articles or not, so I would hope that by showing the beauty of these isolated places are best kept beautiful, I hope to instill that appreciation.

The more people who fall in love with Baja the better it is for Baja. People who don't learn to appreciate the peninsula will not respect it or preserve it. My web site, trip reports, photos are designed to get people to fall in love with remote Baja, if they already do not. You will find very little about resorts, hotels, Cabo, golf in VivaBaja.com! It is about OFF PAVEMENT exploring by foot or 4X4... and that in itself is a big limiter to who is interested in what I write about.

The Baja missions are all known, but because only a few visited some of them, those more remote sites fell into disrepair. Locals saw them as 'ruins' rather than historic sites and either plowed them under or used the bricks for building new ranch homes instead of preserving the sites.

Now, with hightened interest by tourists (and locals), the sites are more valuable left untouched ... they have value, they attract tourists... The locals and government is learning to preserve and even rebuild the sites.

That has been the hope of Jack Swords and myself in publishing the mission photos and GPS of all mission and visita sites before any more disappear. Academicanachist, Kevin in Ok, and Ed Vernon have also contributed photos and GPS. If only a few knows it's there, then only a few will care what happens to it!

Please enjoy the mission photos and details at http://vivabaja.com/bajamissions

Now, please have a nice Sunday...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Sharks, if you think I don't understand you...well, by suggesting I promote Baja for golfers and alcoholics you REALLY don't understand me!

Now, please have a nice Sunday...

Correctomundo David, I said that to get your attention. Sort of like how you got mine.

You don't like being misrepresented and neither do I so please don't do that to me. Where you came up with that stuff is beyond me.

I still want you to think about waypoint publishing while on private property.

Remember, you wouldn't like someone posting the coordinates to your home and some other "personal" places.
Would you?
------

Eet.....
I only get rattled when people assume and post fallicies about my life.

Changing the context of a post to suit yer needs kinda bugs me also. I guess I'm just a rogue Nomad.:lol::lol:

Is that redundant?

You are right about the future DK. It's the heightened interest that brings em in, eventually with golf clubs.;D

But really, I was trying to exact an opinion from others , not force anything on anyone. Did I?

Getting harder and harder to post independant expressions w/o someone getting irked.

Have a good life........:cool:
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-14-2005 at 12:21 AM

Well here I'am coming in late again. Sorry I wasn't here for the original blood letting. Thats the most I've seen you get your dander up Sharky. Rightfully so I must add. DK's heart is in the right place, but I think he's been in too many battles with Jr. Its made him a bit sensitive. I think if he goes back and reads all the posts by you and others and doesn't take them personal he'll see things differntly. Then again, I can't speak for you
David. Nor would I want to. I enjoy your reports and pictures, and I hope they continue. I think the only thing Sharks was trying to do was provoke thought about a subject, that for the most part has flown under the radar. I don't think it was aimed at anyone.
I learned a long time ago, that when I get angry with someone, its my problem not theirs. Its not their fault that they pushed my button. You can step into a hole, or walk around it. Your choice my friend, your choice.......
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 9-14-2005 at 11:27 AM

Not all Oregonians are cranky. And having reread this subject couple times looking for how Sharksbaja would react, I'm at a loss as to how you could interpret where David was coming from. Though I've not met you yet (time is approaching though) and having read most of your posts in the past, a JR you definitely aren't, and absolutely not a 'cranky' Oregonian. Who the heck could be cranky living at Newport Oregon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then have one of the 'better' restaurants on the Oregon coast at the same time (I'm told the food is excellent) Lean back, take a deep breath, both of you, and lets move on.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2005 at 11:46 AM

Can't we just all get along??:lol: Hell, if you were born on EXACTLY the same day as JR.......... you might understand better. It's a "bull" thing!:lol::lol:

To be honest Phil, simple statements like:

"Many of these remote places where Mexicans live might possibly have an economic boon if visitors went there. Keeping a small village secret so only you can enjoy it or only you could bring supplies to them to look like the big white hero is not doing them a favor."

would rattle your cage too if there was absolutely no basis for printing it.

That's all. Thanks for asking.

Rest assured, I am the same in real life.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.