Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja restaurant in the PNW
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 05:44 AM
Baja restaurant in the PNW

Just spotted a news article from my home state that mentioned a new restaurant in Port Orchard, WA. called the Baja Outpost.

Anyone know if it's owned by Nomads?

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 07:51 AM

Hi T&T,

We had a BAJA party last night in Lyle !
Many of the attendees own property in Baja and the rest go down almost every year.

Baja Outpost, eh ?
I'm curious too, I have to be in that area in a few weeks.

Where are you parked now ? There's a special pancake breakfast at the Lions club next Saturday to benefit the hurricane victims. Come on down !!

turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 08:22 AM

Hi Diver,
I didn't realize that there were that many Baja people in my old home town! In fact I'm still surprised there are enough people to have a party.

I'm in the wilds of PA, the Allaghany National Forest, doing a little trout fishing, so it would be a little drive to get to Lyle.

If you get a chance to check out the restaurant, give me a report. It was used for a political meeting (on the tolls for the new galloping gertie) so it's probably close to the Kitsap County offices.

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 11:19 AM

Port Orchard is Debra's (travelpearl) home! Hmmmm ???

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Port Orchard is Debra's (travelpearl) home! Hmmmm ???

Yeah, I forgot about that! Do you think.....?:?:

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 12:34 PM

Ahhh, TT,

At the risk of being just slightly tangential in my reply, I can't help but notice that you're back there in Sam Slaymaker II country.

Memories of Sugar Run and its north fork. I remember that stream with nice browns and 'bows on the lower part just before it dumps into the reservoir and brookies on the upper stretch...and this time of year with #22 tricos.

Then there's Kinzua (sp?) Ck. Bigger than Sugar Run, but I've heard it's been yielding some rather impressive browns near the bridge on Rte 3-something-or-other. It's been ten years since I fished there and I'm fuzzy on the road numbers.

Sorry for getting off topic, but we just returned from a trip up through British Colum and the Yukon, and I'm still casting in my sleep.

TT, I've given you my e-mail address in a PM in case you would like to have me check my fishing journals and get more details. Think I even have pvt land-owners' names.

Back on topic, we ran into some folks camped near us in the Yukon who hail from Sequim and they mentioned a Baja-type restaurant near them. I don't think I wrote down the name of the restaurant, but I think I have the fellow tourists e-mail.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.