Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Warm clear waters
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 10-12-2003 at 01:43 PM
Warm clear waters

Well here it is oct. 12 and its 40 degrees outside,a chilly fall wind is blowing,I already long for the warm clear waters of the gulf.
Several days at BOLA and LORETO what fun we had,awesome views,good fishing and a good friend to share it with,its seems years ago but its been only a couple months.
Before to long there will be snow on the ground,the lakes frozen over and I will be sitting on a bucket staring at a hole in the ice hopeing to catch something,when not to long ago we were wading Playa Ligui casting for big strong fast fish with fork tails,and if we didn,t catch one that was ok because I could feel the sand and water on my feet and a warm wind on my face,it does,nt get any better than that.
How I envy those who are there now,but I will wait for my turn again.
BAITCAST
I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2003 at 03:04 PM
The "old man"...

I had to laugh out loud at your hopes that the "old man" will be nice to you when your time comes.

You'd have to have been very naughty for Satan to do so...;^)

I'm brought to mind of Voltaire, lying on his deathbed, when a priest asked him to renounce Satan...."This is no time to be making enemies", Voltaire replied.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

cool.gif posted on 10-12-2003 at 04:02 PM
Master Baitcaster

I don't want to make you feel bad, but I am leaving for Loreto this Saturday by Aerocalifornia and will be there until the l4th of December. Any senoritas you would like me to say hello to for you? Just let me know and I will be happy to accomodate you. Glad all is well on the homefront.....if that is what makes you happy.:smug:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2003 at 06:07 PM
LORETO

Capn Sharkey,

warm up some of those fish for me, we won't be too far behind you, hope to head out this week or next...Finish up last minute details...Will be in Loreto through May......Let's catch some fish together.

Baitcast, we'll be waiting for you.

George
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 10-16-2003 at 11:20 AM
Senoritas

Sharky.....I,ll past on the senoritas but I do have a question for you,whats the fishing and weather like in Loreto in the winter?...
BAITCAST
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 10-16-2003 at 10:02 PM
Weather in Loreto

Winds out of the North off and on. Usually for three or four days at a time. Americans walk around in Shorts and T-Shirts. Mexicans with coats pulled up around their ears. Its about 77 to 82 in the daytime and can get chilly at night when the wind blows. By chilly I mean high and mid 50's. Light jacket weather at night when its cold. I have swum in the Sea of Cortez in Feburary. Cold but warmer than our beaches here in So. Cal. in August. Lots of really nice days and not too much rain. Actually, quite nice most of the time if you don't mind the wind. I don't have a heater in my little house and I would not need one. I do keep a little milk house electric heater for the bathroom when my wife comes down....but she is cold blooded. Remember to put on the sunscreen in the winter as you will still get quite burned in the winter months. You are going to love it---trust me on this one.:spingrin:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2003 at 03:55 AM
WINDS EARLY AM

capn.sharkey, heard the winds usually don't come up until late morning, early afternoon?? Wishful thinking or the real deal?

You do any shore fishing around Loreto area??

see you soon..

George
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2003 at 08:12 AM
Winds

:no:This is sometimes the case---but the sea takes a day to calm down so its still bumpy outside. But when it comes out of the north for three days it blows pretty much all the time. Its true that sometimes it blows late morning because as the sun comes up and warms the desert, it causes the wind to stir. Shore fishing, me, not much. You can fish off the marina rocks, Puerto Escondido, or down off the rocks by Hotel El Camino Real.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.