BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: We are leaving Wed to all points south.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 05:48 PM
We are leaving Wed to all points south.

San Q, Mulege, Loreto, La Paz and Todos Santos. Gone for 2 glorious weeks. Anyone going to be on the road with us anywhere? Want to meet for a drink or dinner , or? ? Love to meet some nomads on the way. k:yes::yes::yes:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 06:30 PM

Keri, sorry to again say I will be missing you. Someday, our paths will cross, North or South, who knows, but someday........
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 06:54 PM

Have a great vacation Keri & Mike:bounce::bounce::bounce:!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 07:11 PM
Points South

We are going to make the same trip next March. Please let us know of the 'hits' and the miss's. Rob
Keri
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 08:11 PM
Thanks guys

Eli sorry to miss you again. There's always manana.
Dk, Thanks and tell Baja Angel I get to celebrate my birthday in Baja also. best place to be. Rob, I'll make a trip report once I get back home and tell you all our fun places. Elgatoloco. you guys going to try and meet us for a crab dinner?k:yes:;D:bounce::tumble::spingrin::yes:

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by Keri]

011521-646-119-9445
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 08:47 PM

We are heading south again at the end of the week. Plan to be on the road on my B-day the 18th. Be careful traveling on the 15-16 as the locals take their holiday seriously.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 09:03 PM

Leavind the 16th for a bonnzi run to mulege to bring down funiture for the winter. Will update upon return one week plus acouple of Pacicfcos 9 days
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
We are heading south again at the end of the week. Plan to be on the road on my B-day the 18th. Be careful traveling on the 15-16 as the locals take their holiday seriously.

You too Tom???
Baja Angel and I will be in Baja on the 18th for my birthday too! Virgos love Baja!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 10:34 PM
Safe travel...!!!

Safe travel everyone. I hope you enjoy your trips very much.

And congratulations to the birthday boys and girls... I send you a big hug on that day to you.

If you can, stop and say when you pass thru El Rosario... I will be there from the 16th to the 20th beginning the installations of an Internet Access Point (HotSpot) on the BajaCactus premises for our guests and clients (wire and wireless).

Happy travels my friends.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 10:45 PM

Thank you Antonio... Man you are incredible! Last time I was there, you had just installed phones in every room that we can call anywhere to the world from (cheap)... and now we can have Internet in our rooms too!!!:light::bounce:

We love El Rosario and we love your motel... see you there for my birthday

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 11:21 PM

When are you guys going to be in Mulege. I'd be happy to buy you a drink at your establishment of choice.
Keri
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2005 at 11:29 PM
Hey, I'm a libra, Mines the 24th.

Hope to be in Mulege the 16th and 17th. Will be at Las Casitas with our friend Javier.Will spend my birthday in Loreto or La Paz. Looking forward to saying hi to nomads along the way. k:bounce::bounce::bounce:

011521-646-119-9445
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 07:09 AM
Gas

Quote:
Originally posted by Keri
Hope to be in Mulege the 16th and 17th. Will be at Las Casitas with our friend Javier.Will spend my birthday in Loreto or La Paz. Looking forward to saying hi to nomads along the way. k:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Could all of you please give us a list of stations you fuel at and rate them for service, convenience and rip-offs. This is the only thing that bother me in Baja. At about $200 a stop, a rip-off could ruin my day and the I would have to yell at myself: Get over it!.
Don't get me wrong I want to hear about all the fun too. Enjoy your trips and I can't wait until November my birthday month also.:bounce::bounce::bounce::barf:

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by Al G]

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by Al G]

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 09:47 AM
Dont know about your range, Al G, but

I hit El Rosario, San Ignacio to avoid Santa Rosalia and Mulege and Guerrero Negro.

Not too familiar with the stations south of Loreto anymore.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 09:50 AM

My range is 480- 550 with spare cans
Al

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 09:54 AM
???????

You avoid Santa Rosalia and Mulege and Guerrero Negro?
I know why Santa Rosalia, but Mulege and Guerrero Negro?
Why?

Albert G

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 10:00 AM
Sorry

Quote:
San Q, Mulege, Loreto, La Paz and Todos Santos. Gone for 2 glorious weeks. Anyone going to be on the road with us anywhere? Want to meet for a drink or dinner , or? ? Love to meet some nomads on the way. k:yes::yes::yes:

I am sorry I butted into your post:( I wiil try to find out how to move it.:rolleyes:
Albert

Albert G

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Eli sorry to miss you again. There's always manana.
Dk, Thanks and tell Baja Angel I get to celebrate my birthday in Baja also. best place to be. Rob, I'll make a trip report once I get back home and tell you all our fun places. Elgatoloco. you guys going to try and meet us for a crab dinner?k:yes:;D:bounce::tumble::spingrin::yes:

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by Keri]

You guys have FUN! We will be in Baja Norte this weekend but we are on the homestretch on the house remodel up here and can't be gone too long. No extended trips past Ensenada until the whales in Feb/March.

Have an ice cream on the malecon in La Paz for us and try the carnitas at Barrajas in Todos Santos if'n you have a hankering! After sundown they have some of the best hot dog carts outside Tecate,too!

Look forward to the trip report!!

Safe travels!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 01:33 PM

Keri
Definitely go to La Barrajas for carnitas. They also have excellent fish tacos...weird combo but they are cooked in different locations in the restaurant, so your pork doesnt taste like seafood and visa versa.
Also carne asada just up from the Hotel California is excellent. Just had two tacos and a side of frijoles there last friday

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 02:59 PM
La Barrajas for carnitas

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Keri
Definitely go to La Barrajas for carnitas. They also have excellent fish tacos...weird combo but they are cooked in different locations in the restaurant, so your pork doesnt taste like seafood and visa versa.
Also carne asada just up from the Hotel California is excellent. Just had two tacos and a side of frijoles there last friday

BajaJudy,
I eat there almost everyday while there for my annual 6-8 week house sitting gig. It accounts for at least 10 lbs of my problem now. There is a BBQ chicken stand (new) on the east side of highway19 2-3 blocks after bus stop going north.
Whole chicken, tortillas, and condiments for sesenta pesos.
Barbara at the Palapa Bar (great steaks on Thursdays) said one day (2 weeks after I got there) they just showed up and stand in the sun all day to cook the best chicken in Todo Santos. IMHO I agree!
If your are there support them and I am sure you won't regret it. As I remember you can get haft chicken too.
Be careful, not much room to pull off( chicken to go only), but as good as they are that should change fast.
Albert

Albert G

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.