Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Newbie question
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 06:24 PM
Newbie question

Hi...I am cleaning and sorting things at the moment and came across my old topo maps from appalachian trail hikes in New Hampshire and Maine. It occurs to me to ask (after reading about the Guadalupe Canyon climbing), are there any such things as topo maps for baja, or are you dependent on maps drawn by friends (such as on this board) to get around? Zoe:?:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 06:27 PM

Yes, Baja Topos are available from Map Centre in San Diego, and many other locations as well... The Baja Almanac takes the Mexican Topos (not the highest detailed ones) and puts them into book form with other details added... They are the best Baja maps even with the mistakes made by the Mexican cartographers... http://www.bajaalmanac.com or http://www.bajabooksandmaps.com

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

zforbes
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2005 at 06:33 PM
Oh Lovely,

My friend Bajajudy to the rescue....when she gets home.:bounce: Thankyou, David. I am visiting San Diego soon and will do some exploring. Zoe
zforbes
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2005 at 01:33 PM

Thanks for the update...I'm looking forward to doing some Baja exploring with family in December. Whoopee!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2005 at 01:42 PM

INEGI maps can be purchase from their store in Mexicali - on Independcia across from the bull ring. Much cheaper than San Diego if you're buying several.

:light:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2005 at 03:34 PM
INEGI maps

They are also available at their office in La Paz. We bought a disk with all of the ones for Baja on it. That is pretty cool if you travel in the outback with your laptop. I seem to remember that the disk cost about $100 but dont hold me to that.

Zoe- Have fun!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.