Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja crime
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2005 at 01:27 PM
Baja crime

Don't know why but no guns last night for Grito. We kept the dogs inside but the midnight hour came and went without a shot. One year the cops loaded their one shotgun, got up on the roof to fire it but the ammo was too old or moldy, wouldn't fire. We do have crime here - burglaries. The next morning the cops follow the footprints of the burglar (all the streets are dirt) to where the burglar is, get your gear back. Somebody stole my bike, the cops came and followed the bike tracks to the beach, brought my bike back. Hope they never get around to paving here. There is one big, bad dude named Bacho who is famous for burglarizing homes -- he's over 6 ft. tall, has great big feet causing a veritable round robin of a crime spree. You only get your stuff back if you give the police a nice reward. On electrical stuff you can get around that by going right to Mundo, the TV/radio guy in town who all the burglars sell to. He pays them centavos on the $ so the you can save yourself some reward money if you move fast.
sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 9-16-2005 at 02:34 PM
lol

i wanna write like you do, osprey. everything you write affects me emotionally. and with this one, tears are rolling down my cheeks from laughing. where'd ya learn to do that??????:lol::O:lol:

please keep posting.

lili
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-16-2005 at 11:19 PM

Lili, you can either run fast or you can't. You can either jump high or you can't. You can get better at both those things, but never achieve what you want. Just sit back and enjoy.. Kudo's Osprey. Vios Con Dios.....
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 9-17-2005 at 11:00 AM

Bacho brings to mind a great story, it may or not be true, but it fits.

The Golden State Warriors drafted a troubled young man years ago named Chris Washburn. Chris had lots of problems, in spite of being nearly 7 feet tall and an instant millionaire from his signing bonus. He had been kicked out of college for stealing in the dorms....off to the NBA.

The story goes, that when Chris was in high school he decided to rob the local grocery in his not-so-great neighborhood.

So, he pulls a stocking over his head, marches into the store, ducks his 7 foot height under the door, and sez "Stick em up!"

Owner looks up from the cash register and sez, "Awwww Chris, don't do this."

Chris replies, "It ain't me!!"

Sounds like Bacho had a mentor.....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.