Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "Sailboaters Shrine"
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 02:09 PM
"Sailboaters Shrine"

Challenge to all Nomads.

Who will be able to find the "Sailboaters Shrine", take and Post a Photo, give the GPS Points

Any takers? Go for it..
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 02:30 PM

Shrine is at San Juanico....

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 12:59 PM
We saw that shrine about 4 years ago----

It truly is worth seeing. We camped out at San Juanico for three days, and one of the highlights was finding this shrine on the northern shore----later we found out the history behind it. Really neat. It is much bigger than the pic indicates, as I remember. We got a lot of laughts reading some of the notes.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 05:01 PM

Barry. Was the bottle of Gallo wine stll showing down on the left hand ?
Skeet/Loreto
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 06:13 PM
You know, Skeet--------

I really do not recall, but there were many "interesting" things deposited around that shrine, and a bottle of wine would have just been seen as part of the "offerings", I suppose. We spent probably about 1 1/2 hours just looking at everything-----really great!!!

There were 3 yachts hovering nearby, and we got the impression that they were not too happy with our being on the scene, but they (the folks) never actually appeared, so that is just speculation. I thought it odd that nobody alive ever appeared to be on those yachts, except that the lights went on at night. They certainly did not want to fraternize with us land-lubbers, or so it seemed. We even swam out to the nearest one, and hailed----but nothing happened-----nobody even bothered to answer us, let alone come on deck. I thought that was odd----and a little spooky. Maybe they were all newly-weds, and ahhhhh, busy.
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 10:14 PM

What a relief. I thought for a moment that someone had taken a picture of my back yard. Hmmm. My yard a shrine. It could happen....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.