Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SJD to La Paz
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 09:02 AM
SJD to La Paz

Can Anyone tell me the best way to get a group of 4 adults and 5 children from the airport in San Jose Del Cabo to La Paz? We are arriving October 18th. We will probably have a lot of bags with us.

Is there a bus we can get? I heard the airport taxi service is really expensive. I remember paung $60 to go from the airport to a hotel right in San Jose.

Thanks,

Big Al
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 10:21 AM

The bus thing will be a nightmare for that many people.
You either stand on the side of the road approximately a mile from the airport or take a cab or a shuttle(much less expensive and probably something you would all fit into) into town to the bus station and get on the bus there. The buses run about every half hour;some go straight to La Paz, some go through San Lucas, Todos Santos then La Paz. Either way is a scenic ride.
I would rent a car/van that you can return in La Paz. It would probably be nice to have in La Paz when you are provisioning your yacht too.
I will check around and see if there are any other solutions to your problem.

Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 11:12 AM

BajaJudy, thanks.

Are there one way car rentals there?

I like the shuttle to bus idea. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of the bus lines?

Thanks,

Alan
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 12:57 PM

Al
Check with some of the national car rental companies. I still think that is the way to go.
The bus may sound like an adventure but with 9 people, logistics may be a nightmare. For instance, when you arrive in La Paz you may have to take separate cabs. Wouldnt it be better to land at the airport get your car and be on your way? If you do the bus, you will have wait for the next shuttle, go into town and wait for the next bus. I was reading some of the comments on the pages Pompano posted and one of the things they say is if you dont speak Spanish, be prepared for buying your tickets to be a challange as the buses are not geared for tourists. Also there are weight limits for baggage. Ok by now you would be half way to La Paz, all together and happy.
I wont belabor this point any more.

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by bajajudy]

Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 01:02 PM

Judy:

Do you know of a contact for the car rentals?

Language isn't a problem. I speak fluent Spanish and my pretty wife is Mexican so I let her charm the locals. She seems to get better deals than her Spanish speaking blue eyed gringo husband.

Big Al
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 01:10 PM

Al
No I dont personally know any car rental people. Here is a webpage from La Paz web site, which lists car rental companies.

http://www.vivalapaz.com/transportation/carrental.html

Or San Jose airport

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by bajajudy]

Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 01:27 PM

Judy thanks.

The La Paz site is great. The other two are for San Jose CA not San Jose Del Cabo, but thanks for your efforts.

Big Al
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 01:38 PM

last yr my wife and i landed in cabo and took a shuttle to the buss station then to lapaz and on to loreto it was all with out insodent and our bags were at the max weight that alaska allowsthe only thing is thatif you want a quick route take the one directly to la paz the other goes to cabo and a lot of other places on its way there are lots of helpfull ppl in the airport just say shuttle to buss only they understand have a good one and dont sweat the small stuff injoy the ride oh and on the way to the buss station they stop at the liqure store jerry

jerry and judi
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 01:49 PM

Al
OOPS

www.dollarloscabos.com for one

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 05:28 PM

Al
Try this.
http://www.toursinmexico.com/loscabos/tour/airporttranfers/a...

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 05:54 PM

Comitan
That is a great site. It is bookmarked so I can tell others about it
thanks

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 12:49 PM

Probably a stupid question, but why don't you just fly into La Paz? I know Alaska fly's into both airports. The rates can't be that different. If not, I agree with Judy. Rent a car. Much more relaxing. And they do have one way's.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 01:26 PM

bajaden

Its considerably more and with that many people its cost prohibitive. And Alaska does not fly into La Paz anymore.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 02:19 PM

The price is $110 different per person and there is 9 of us. That is the financial part of it. The other problem is that the only two airlines that fly in there are Aerocalifornia and Aeromexico. They both originate in TJ which causes another logistical problem on the departure end of things. However that is easier to overcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 09:03 PM

Al, I went from Loreto to SJD via La Paz a few months ago in a rental car and the cost were about $38US for the car, $42US for the insurance and $285US for the one way drop fee. So the bus might be a cheaper option.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 01:18 PM

Air California has a direct flight to La Paz that I took last week, leaving LA at 7:30 in the morning. It's listed on the "Cheap Tickets" site at $79, but with ad-ons totaled around $125.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.