Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: thread owner as thread administrator
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 04:49 PM

BENNET

According to him, if we abort all black babies, the crime rate will drop. Probably a true statement, but a hell of a one to make in his position:wow::wow::wow::wow:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

Self-moderation....ha, that'll be the day.

Why not? People do it in public all the time. Why should this be any different. Self control is the hallmark of civilization.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

Maybe some don't realize how much some others enjoy the heat and flames.

That fine too. Let them do it with people of a similar mind. Let the heat and flames people hang out together flaming one another. To each his own. That's what the OFF-TOPIC seems to be about anyway.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
It is possible for two parties with highly dissenting opinions to civilly express and discuss IDEAS without personal attacks.

Possible, but not very entertaining.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:12 PM

and besides, everyone loves to party:lol:

As far as Bennet goes, hell, if whites all aborted their own it would also lower the crime rate. Unless yer a publican':lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:22 PM

Bennet said more than that, but the media chose not to share that with you...

In the same breath he said that was an example of a rediculous thing that should never be considered. (He was in a discussion with a caller who said because of abortions, the social security income was (naturally) lower. So, in the same way of thinking then since more blacks per capita are in jail, then aborting black babies would lower that number).

He was showing how rediculous THAT train of thought was!

NOW... what about that abortion doctor trying to get huricane victims in to his Little Rock clinic for FREE abortions??? Isn't THAT truly racist, since all the hurricane victims seemed to be BLACKS!! Wanting to kill black babies (reduce the population of blacks, with government money) is really sick... but the media doesn't give that person any grief...

Once Bennet was mentioned in this thread: THIS ALL BELONGS IN OFF TOPIC, by the way...

[Edited on 10-1-2005 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:24 PM

Is David hi-jacking threads again?

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:35 PM

Yep, sure enough, he edited his post to try to change his direction. I should know by now to hit the quote button while responding to him.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:38 PM

No Charles, just providing the truth, or the entire story (for balance), since the left likes to leave some facts out to make conservatives look evil.

Bill Bennet is not even close to being a racist.

His proposal to have tax breaks or vouchers so poor (black or other) families could send their kids to those same private schools Democrat politicians send their kids to, was right on...

Naturally, the teacher's unions fearing their sub-standard methods would be beat out by the private schools fought that tooth and nail.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:39 PM

I edited my spelling mistake (a typo) of Little Rock... THAT'S ALL!

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:42 PM

You whined and cried to Doug for so long to establish the off-topic area, why don't you use it?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:51 PM

Who are to speaking to Charles? Must not be me, because I NEVER compained to Doug about having an Off Topic board and I did not take this thread off subject... just trying to add the truth to the falsehoods stated about Bill Bennet.

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 06:57 PM

David K said on 5/05/2004 (edit to add date)

How about having Off Topic Posts NOT included in 'Today's Posts'?

Just a thought... but it seems very few people can mix politics and Baja friendships... With so many more posts lately on the Off Topic/non-Baja forum, when one opens the Today's Posts list, he/she sees fewer and fewer Baja related posts.

Franky, when I come to Baja Nomad... I prefer to read Baja posts... I bet I am not alone. The Off Topic forum is very popular and I enjoy it as well (to a point), but it may be turning more Nomads off than on???

What to do? Well, I am not sure and this is Doug's baby. I don't know if it is possible, but is a seperate location for the Off Topic forum doable OR make Off Topic posts not pop up, mixed with Baja articles when we open the Today's Posts page.

I am just wondering if this will bring back some of the regular Baja contributors of the past, who may be not posting to avoid confrontations of a political narture. Some of the anti Bush, anti American posts are so distracting from what we go to Baja for and why we read Baja Nomad.

[Edited on 10-1-2005 by Tucker]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 07:03 PM

That was not complaing about having an off topic board (it is fine with me), that was asking if it could not show up with the Baja topic boards when one clicks on 'Today's Posts', as I too do not want threads going political.

In this thread it was Dave who made a funny (to him) comment naming Republicans... Then sharksbaja added the Bennet story (part of the story)...
That's two libs first... I as one conservative, just added some balance...

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 07:05 PM
Of course it does.....

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
THIS ALL BELONGS IN OFF TOPIC, by the way...
[Edited on 10-1-2005 by David K]
after you get your two censt in, that is!!! :lol::lol:
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tucker
David K said on 5/05/2004 (edit to add date)

How about having Off Topic Posts NOT included in 'Today's Posts'?

Just a thought... but it seems very few people can mix politics and Baja friendships... With so many more posts lately on the Off Topic/non-Baja forum, when one opens the Today's Posts list, he/she sees fewer and fewer Baja related posts.

Franky, when I come to Baja Nomad... I prefer to read Baja posts... I bet I am not alone. The Off Topic forum is very popular and I enjoy it as well (to a point), but it may be turning more Nomads off than on???

What to do? Well, I am not sure and this is Doug's baby. I don't know if it is possible, but is a seperate location for the Off Topic forum doable OR make Off Topic posts not pop up, mixed with Baja articles when we open the Today's Posts page.

I am just wondering if this will bring back some of the regular Baja contributors of the past, who may be not posting to avoid confrontations of a political narture. Some of the anti Bush, anti American posts are so distracting from what we go to Baja for and why we read Baja Nomad.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
In this thread it was Dave who made a funny (to him) comment naming Republicans... Then sharksbaja added the Bennet story (part of the story)...
That's two libs first... I as one conservative, just added some balance...

WHAT!

You didn't think it was funny?

And what's this calling me a lib?

THAT'S IT! I'm calling you out!

<Meet me around back of the nomad forum>

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 07:55 PM

Doug, PLEASE do something!

DK just called me a liberal.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 08:15 PM

Hey, please get yer arse straight DK. Just cause that idiot Bennet can't control his vocal chords like many "Libs", doesn't make me a liberal and it doesn't make me any of the other "choices" either. :moon:

Why do you always try to paint someone a donkey or an elephant DK? Is that all the viewpoints there are or are all the others politically impotent to you?
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 08:19 PM
Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tucker. Some of the anti Bush, anti American posts are so distracting from what we go to Baja for and why we read Baja Nomad.

Really? I think the GOP is much more strongly defended than libs are around here. But then again, there are many wall-walkers everywhere that have leaned left because of certain "major" events. And it seems liberals are reluctant to go up against some well-heeled politically motivated posters. Any party in office would suffer indignation and negative sentiments regardless of party affiliation. To say it wouldn't would be akin to the political division over what's happened to our country the last 4 years. Total partisanship, and it shows it's ugly head in here all the time. Never gaining trust or loyalty of many. Shame, shame! We've taken perfectly good hate and turned it against each other.

With Bush, it's kinda like here. People love to pile on the public underdog.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
It is possible for two parties with highly dissenting opinions to civilly express and discuss IDEAS without personal attacks.

Possible, but not very entertaining.
Now now, Dave; You are one of the most capable practitioners here of CIVIL discourse; I admire that about you.

So civil in fact you are mistaken for a liberal.

I bet that hurt. :lol:

-your secret admirer
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.