Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: El Requeson Journal
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 10:27 AM
El Requeson Journal

With apologies to Mike H, the Campfire King, I thought I might try my hand at some memoirs.

El Requeson Journal

The Boing Lesson

My favorite vacations were in the Bay of Concepcion at El Requeson. At that time Kern?s fruit drink in the can carried the name Boing and the label sported a smiling duck. As I remember, the sticky stuff was full of pulp, perhaps more than in the current fruit drinks. I would buy a couple half gallons of vodka and pour my exotic elixir Boing and Vodka ? the perfect c-cktail for days in the sun, nights under the stars.

Quite by accident I discovered that the sugar in the vodka and the pure fructose in the Boing can interact to produce surprising changes in humans. One can safely drink copious amounts of the sweet brew while sitting in the shade (given the proper company, solitude and music) for many blissful hours without noticeable incapacity of motor skills or mental acuity. The water looks so inviting that from time to time I would put down my c-cktail, run to the shore, dive in for a brisk swim. Having greatly increased my heart rate, pulse rate and circulatory processes I would again take up my old place in the shade of the cabana to while away more treasured hours. Enter the amazing chemistry ? I became instantly drunk. The sugar burning rush brought on by the exercise sent the 80 proof ethanol directly to my brain.

After the discovery I had great fun offering the big plastic tumblers full of the magic stuff to unsuspecting beach visitors from all over. After a few big drinks I would hold short but vigorous swim races --- then sit back and watch the fun as they struggled to remain standing, to control limbs and lips. I didn?t let any of them drive so either they spent the day getting straight or somebody else in the vehicle took the wheel. El Requeson was then a very forgiving place because sober or with a pleasant buzz one could easily gather enough butter clams and chocolates from the shallows, catch a few cochitos, triggerfish from the rocks on the island to make the trips to Mulege necessary only for ice, spuds and asthma inhalers for our beach host, Loreto.
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 11:44 AM

So your the SOB that gave me that drink. I haven't been right since, but then neither have you. One of my favorite beaches. Always a lot to do there, when you can walk.....
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 07:14 PM

We'll be there by January 21 for our intitial unwinder on reaching Baja Sur.
This will be about our 20th time and I can't wait !! :biggrin:

Last time we were down, a big gringo and his mexican wife set up a TV, chairs and a BBQ grill to sell beer and hot dogs for Super Bowl at El Requeson. Wonder what this year will bring ??
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 08:46 PM
Bird feeder

" o thee age of experimentation" quotes the raptor. "Suck em up! No not the drinks, their silly souls!";D

Osprey this here bird pic is one fine find. Maybe it's time you had an icon.
Ok, avatar..
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:21 AM

Testing new avatar
bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:27 AM

Hey Sharky, I need an avatar. Any suggestions? Why do I have the feeling I just made a mistake.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
Hey Sharky, I need an avatar. Any suggestions? Why do I have the feeling I just made a mistake.

Inspector?
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:44 AM

Confused?
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:45 AM

Cool dude?
bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 04:47 PM

Well, confused is probably the most accurite, but I really like the cool dude.

How do I steal that dude?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.