BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: EcoMundo? Lodging around Concepcion?
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:12 AM
EcoMundo? Lodging around Concepcion?

We are eight people coming to Bahia Concepcion in March to learn how to kayak/snorkel. We're not bringing our camping gear this trip so we are looking for a place to stay that is comfortable, rustic is okay. I was thinking of taking kayak lessons at EcoMundo. Anyone have an opinion on this? They have some cabanas there too, are they comfortable/clean? Any other suggestions? What about Hotel San Buenaventura? We prefer something on the beach or close by...Thanks!

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:25 AM

Im not a big fan of EcoMundo. I'd say its one step above camping. To call them cabanas I think is being kind. Just my opinion. Hotel San Buenaventura is a bit pricey for what you get. You might inquire at Posada and see if any of those places are for rent. Some usually are. By wanting to be on the beach, your really limiting yourself.
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:30 AM

Hi. Well, we don't have to stay on the beach, but my family is coming all the way from Utah and wants to have a beach experience and not do too much driving. What is Posada?? Thanks!

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:34 AM

If you come down during Semana Santa you will be overrun on the beach by camping Mexicans(you'd almost think it was their country);):lol:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 12:47 PM

I rented ?aks at Ecomundo and they did not have the back supports in them they are supposed to and those make a HUGE difference in your experience. There are some "cool" hotsprings along shorelines there that are fun to hang in. Just look for the minerals on the rocks.
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 01:19 PM

Hmm well I am completely ignorant about kayaks, never been in one. But my sister in law already has back problems, she would be miserable I think if there were no back supports of any kind. Any other suggestions for kayaking and guides in that area? We aren't going over Semana Santa which this year is the middle of April since Easter is late.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 01:48 PM

Our neighbor runs a nice place....

Luxury Camping
On the Beach with Bath and 2 clean double beds $25 a nite
Just in the back $20 a nite

Clean
2 miles off Mex #1 so no truck noise!!!

Take a look....
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~playaframbes/naranjos.htm

I'd bring my own kayaks...save rental fees

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:55 PM
Loreto

kayaking etc. is much catered to in Loreto, BCS just 50mi south of the end of Concepcion. International airport right there.

Check the links in the list at the left side of this site:

http://www.loretogolf.net
Julie
Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 10-3-2005 at 03:01 PM
kayaking

I would also recommend Loreto. There are several groups to choose from and they can custom your kayaking trip based on number of people, time, etc...
There is also much more to do in Loreto when your not on the water.
Our favorite is Trudy Angel @ paddling south. She can be reached at tourbaja.com
Julie Ramos
Iguana Inn
Loreto
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 03:43 PM
Loreto

is about 1 1/2 more hours driving but more equipped for kayak rentals and businesses. Concepcion Bay in my opinion would be a better place to learn as it is more protected from wind/waves.
Both places are beautiful!

But, back problems and kayaking are usually not a good combination. Snorkeling up to a hot spring on the other hand... :light:

Just some points to ponder.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Snorkeling up to a hot spring on the other hand

or "in". :biggrin:

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 04:23 PM

I think Loreto has more tourist services for kayaking but....

It's 10 miles to the island...thats a LONG way for beginners.

The bay of Conception has lots of small islands and coves within kayaking distance...much smother...sometimes:lol:

Remember when you kayak out...you have to kayak back...and that's harder to do:lol:

Rent your kayaks here and haul them down...then you have them everyday.
They'll look good on top of you car:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 04:27 PM
You guys are just

cracking yourselves up! Very good advice though.;D
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 05:38 PM

Thanks! We're going to Loreto for first couple of days, then to San Ignacio, then to Concepcion....So in March do we need to make reservations for a family of eight? Or can we just show up and find lodging? I wish we could go now, I am ready.

rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 05:57 PM

Ecomundo is OK. ?What do you want, first class or an adventure? Ecomundo is fun, beach living, with good restaurants close by.

a2

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 06:14 PM

We don't need luxury, we are often tent campers. But we aren't bringing any camping gear and I want to at least be comfortable. I don't want to find any bugs in my bed.

roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 06:48 PM

EcoMundo has plapas right on the clean beach with hammocks or cots. Kayaks avaible for rent, small resturant for food and drinks.
Never stayed there but looks clean and only steps to the water
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 04:26 PM

You asked about Posada. Its a beach community right next to EcoMundo. I know you can rent kayaks at Ray's place at santispac beach. I agree with the others. If your first timers, stay in the bay. Lots of close islands, and bring your diving equipment.
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 10:28 PM

You could try Playa Buenaventure. (Mark & Olivia, 01152-615-161-1077. Rates: RVs $15/nite, rooms $60). They have a guesthouse they rent out. Should be good for 8. Also good food in the bar/grill. Kayak rentals. nice people.

This is not the Hotel Buenaventura next door - different owners.

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 07:22 AM

Marla,
If you or family have back problems, you have to have the back supports in the kayaks. Beleive me, a person with a bad back, its the only way to go. As far as Ecomundo goes, if you check the cabana and make sure it has some kind of mattress on the cement slab they call a bed, then it would not be bad. Chris and I went there for one of the nights of our honeymoon, rented one of the cabanas on the beach and all there was to sleep on was a cement slab. We ended up going to the Hotel Serindad as we could not possibly sleep in those accomodations. We also tried to use our Discover Baja discount there and were told he had to raise the price to give us the discount, sounded a little wrong to me. The water there however is really wonderful to play in! Have fun wherever you go!!! And post a report so I can live vicariously through you!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.