Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Francisquito
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:10 PM
San Francisquito

I have always driven into SF, so it was a treat to fly direct from Long Beach via San Felipe within 5 1/2 hours. Three planes and eleven guys to San Francisquito this past weekend. Both runways are in good condition. We were the only ones there. Friday was beautiful/warm, Saturday, overcast/pleasant, Sunday/hot semi-humid. Water temperature was an outstanding eighty-three degrees and as clear as ever! Caught no fish all three days (a first for some of the guys who have done this weekend trip for eighteen years). Snorkeling was unbelievable. I have not been here for two years myself and it's still fun! They were low on provisions and had no ice, but we brought a lot with us, as you never know the situation. Staff was great and always do their best to accommodate needs. Generator off at 9:30 p.m.
Brought my own sleeping bag a pillow, which was a good call.
Warm showers, clean toilets and overall a little bit more rustic than I remember, but for being so remote...who cares. It's such a beautiful spot in Baja! I love anywhere in Baja that is far removed from the crowds, has warm showers, clean toilets, fresh morning Mexican brewed coffee, two meals a day/prepared by someone other than me, sleeping under the stars at night, the glow of a beach fire and an ice-cold margarita at sunset!
I?ll post a few photos from the trip?
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:11 PM

Morning...
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:12 PM

SF in 1971:
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:14 PM
SF

SF in 1971
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:43 PM
San Francisquito 1971

Really hasn't changed that much...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 04:44 PM

Thanks for the great shots Juan!

Did Scorpion Bay get any hurricane damage from Otis, do you know? Was Fiesta with you?

Be well!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 06:48 AM

wish i could have joined you guys Juan but was in KC at Barbaquelooza.

call me next time and i'll have extra seats for the usual suspects.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
but was in KC at Barbaquelooza.

I want a full report, minus the food.

(That would be pure torture!) ;D

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 03:28 PM

Dave!t was killer!!!
540 teams entered. i took 166th place for ribs, not bad to be in the top 1/3 i guess.
we had our own band hired so the party fri nite was at our place.
unbelievable rigs, all shapes and sizes.
food way off the hook, drinks to boot, kegs, it all rocked.
we stole 2 golf carts from the pavillion thurs nite and had them both upended by fri a.m. and got busted by the cops! they were kool about it though and let us off with a warning to "rent them" next year! what a riot. i have many ideas for my new rig now from all the various entrants. I'm turning my former moto trailer into a mega rig with vert and horiz chambers and gas fed water chambers. have an industrial propane bottle for the chamber, 8 feet long by 3 ft deep.
i'll sort some pics for you on the off topic zone. as soon as my dain bramage clears!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 03:44 PM
SF and Bar b Que

David, yes...Carlos Fiesta was there and in rare form!

Capt Mike, sounds like you were trying to jump start the new, "Bar B Que 1000"!!!
southerner

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan del Rio
Three planes and eleven guys to San Francisquito this past weekend. I love anywhere in Baja that is far removed from the crowds ...

looks like you brought your own crowd (as usual). It's a good thing no one else was there! :lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.