Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: LAB: new member liviing in Bahia de Los Angeles
Beach Bob

[*] posted on 10-17-2003 at 05:07 PM
LAB: new member liviing in Bahia de Los Angeles

I am a new user of Baja Nomad. I presently live full time in LABay and have lots of info about the people who come here, and lots of stories to tell. My e-mail address is BEACHBOB39@HOTMAIL.COM
Since the Amigos is now retired, I am making an effort to post every two weeks on the comings and goings of various people arriving in LABay. Some humorous, and some informative. I hope that you will all enjoy my info. Saludos
Beach Bob
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2003 at 06:01 PM
Welcome Beach Bob

Glad to see you're posting here. The Humfreville clan will be looking forward to your posts offering insight into the bay and surrounds.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-17-2003 at 09:40 PM

Hi Bob, You are a Baja Nomad who has Amigos!
I am looking forward to your Bahia insider reports... thank you!

There's a fun photo of you (just after one of 4baja) from Doc's New Year's Eve party 2002... taken by Bedman: http://davidksbaja.com/baja15/page7.html

[Edited on 10-18-2003 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-18-2003 at 02:54 AM
hey Bob, when am i going

to fly your lady out again?? i need some more of your smoked jello tail!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-18-2003 at 05:50 AM

Bob

We can't wait for those stories.....

Post post post

Bob and Susan:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Beach Bob

[*] posted on 10-18-2003 at 08:56 AM
Thanks for the reply!

Thank you for your support. I am currently in San Diego for supplies, but will be back in LABay in a week. Glad to hear from David K., Mike H., Bob and Susan. I still don't know how to use this board (what the hell are these smileys for?).
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2003 at 02:51 PM
Hey Bob, check you email......

Bookerman

[*] posted on 10-18-2003 at 11:12 PM

I saw that beach house with the pirate flag in David Ks pictures at camp Gecko before. It is really a cool looking place. And it is a prime spot.
Diklang

Mood: Post Baja unstr

[*] posted on 10-19-2003 at 10:04 AM
Fun Week

Hey Roberto!

Thanks again for your hospitality and a fun week. And this time we even kept track of our scotch! :coolup:

We've got pics if I can figure out how to get them on the board without creating a web page.

Dik & Jude (Official Camp Cook)
Lee M

[*] posted on 10-19-2003 at 03:50 PM
To Beach Bob

I too am relatively new to this board. I didn't realize that you were a regular poster on the Amigos board. What stories do you have to tell? I've never been to LAB, but by reading the various boards have come to find a few posters who frequent the place. I'd like to hear input from a person who lives there full time as apposed to a holiday/ vacationer's opinion.

Thank you,

Lee
Beach Bob

[*] posted on 10-19-2003 at 06:01 PM
Lee M. vs LABay info

Hi Lee! Glad to hear from you. I have been living in LABay for 9 years full time. You probably know where it is, so I won't waste time on that. It is a beautiful bay 12 miles long and 4 miles wide. I built a house about 4 miles south of Bahia along the beach. I have sat on my patio watching whales, dolphins, whale sharks, and various marine wildlife ringht in front of my house while drinking a cold Pacifico. I have appeared in various web sites and postings with me fliping the bird. Bedman has digitized me on camera at a party at Camp Gecko (right next to my house), and posted a terrible likeness.
I have coyote's, burro's, mules, porcupinnes (can't spell) stopping by at various times at night.
The town is about 500 strong, with fishing a strong influence. There are few bars, but lots of stores to buy booze, ice, food and some pharmacuticals. Their is a medical clinic, town square, police station and jail (I should know). That's another story. The gentleman and his family who own Camp Gecko next door also happens to be a medical doctor who loves taking people fishing on his boat, and enjoys having a cold one with campers at his camp. He has his own web site, "camp gecko". I hope this gives you some idea of what is here. I will be posting every two weeks or so, keep your eyes peeled in the future. I hope to tell a lot of stories about the crazy people who come to Bahia. Beach Bob
Lee M

[*] posted on 10-19-2003 at 06:52 PM
thanks

Beach Bob for your quick reply. I didn't realize that porcupines lived in baja! I look forward to your stories. All of them.

Lee
Beach Bob

[*] posted on 10-20-2003 at 04:53 PM
More Beach Bob info in LABay

Hola to all those who visit and enjoy Bahia de Los Angeles! (On my postings from Bahia, I will refer to it as LABay)

I have recently registered on Baja Nomads as Beach Bob. I have lived there for the last 8 years. I built a stone house along the beach 5 km south of the town next to Camp Gecko. I have a beautiful full-length patio facing the beach and all the islands. From my patio you can see both ends of the bay, including part of the town. For those of you who travel down the road south of town, look for a sign on the left side of the road that says CASA DE ROBERTO ?BEACH BOB?. Please stop in and say hello, I always have a cold Pacifico for my friends and guests.

Since I live right next to Camp Gecko, I have met many wonderful people who love Baja. Some only come down for a week once a year, while others have leased land at Camp Gecko and installed trailers, built houses and come down as often as possible. Some of the events that take place in and around Camp Gecko can be hilarious, and some sad. A lot of people trailer boats down to go fishing, diving or whale watching. Now that is always fun to watch, launching the boat. Others get stuck in the sand trying to go down the beach in their new truck and SUV.

My intention is to try and relate the comins and goins of many of my friends, and some of yours. I will use first names only, unless it?s someone like Sammy Diaz. Since I was fortunate to meet the original BBBB group, or at least some of them, a lot will be written in regards to there visits. Like recently, Mike and Mary Ann, Bedman and Emma, Dik and Judy, 4Baja Steve and his friend Phil, Bo and his two friends, along with Santiago, were all recently in LABay.

I will try and post every two or three weeks, as I am not on the Internet. My friend Doc, owner of Camp Gecko, has a connection that he lets me use. I have a computer in my house, so I will add and edit a file at my house, download to a disc, then put it in Doc?s computer, and cut and paste to the board.

I hope to make this an informative and humorous. Any mistakes I make in spelling and content will, I hope, not be taken seriously, that is not my intention. I can?t write like Mike, so don?t expect it.

I also have a very extensive file on the weather in LABay. I fill in a journal every day, except when I visit San Diego for supplies. At least 4 to 5 times a day I write the time, temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, rain amount, sky conditions and wind speed. I can?t predict the weather, but I can tell you what it has done. Like we had over 5 inches of rain this summer, which is more than I ever recorded since being down there.

Saludos Amigo?s, Beach Bob

Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2003 at 09:24 PM
Hello Beach Bob,

We have been reading with interest your posts as of late. Good to see that you are well and have decided to join in on the internet hoopla. Good to hear that you have many internet Amigos filling your days with stories, laughter and adventures. How is Shadow? Give our best to her, specially from Cody. We will be in town for Thanksgiving for a week or two and then Christmas through the New Years holiday.
Feel free to stop by on one of your drive by's on your way to Frank's or Lee's casa for a cold one. Cody would love to see you and Shadow, she'll be there for the Nov. holiday. Any other time you are just as welcome to stop by as well.

Paulina >*)))>< Dern :D
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 10-22-2003 at 12:40 PM

BOBBY !!!!! I miss you! (And your mango margaritas). I'm so glad you have joined the board. I'm a recent newbie myself.

Just so you know, don't call me Susan. It's Suzie/Suzanne/GeoRock. Pick one of those, but leave out Susan, I don't like that name. Susana is okay. Pick one, sweetheart, and we'll have a cold Pacifico over New Year's toasting it.

I'll be down then, and I'll be your neighbor at the case de blanco next door. I look forward to a good time visiting with you.

Let me know how Doc is doing with my place, is the remodeling completed yet? Is the other house done yet?

Hope you enjoyed the rains this year. It's been really hot in Mammoth.
Later, Suzie Q (for you only)

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Beach Bob

[*] posted on 10-22-2003 at 01:57 PM
response to GeoRock from Beach Bob

Howdy Suzie!! Good to hear from you. Things got really wet this summer, over 5 inches of rain. I am in San Diego and leaving manana, and I will get a look at your place and ask Doc what is goin on. It is really hot here in El Cajon, 101 degrees at 2 o'clock. Adios Baby!!
David A.
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2003 at 05:21 AM

Bob, good to hear from you. Yvonne and I will be there for the holidays and looking forward to kicking back on your pattio and knocking back some frosties. :lol: From the sound of things, this years holiday will be fantastic!:lol::biggrin::coolup:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2004 at 11:46 PM
Beach Bob, where are you?

I know your proposed reporting from Bahia would be a big hit... I hope you will do them amigo!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2004 at 10:22 AM

Both Timothy Walker and I have a contributed photos section in our web sites. Email me or Tim in jpeg format, 300-400 pixels in size, or snail mail me duplicates, and I will make a web page of your Baja photos (and a list what they are of) if you think they would be interesting for the gang to see.

Neal Johns, Bedman, M, Desert Rat, Wild Bill, Baja Ken, Bajaboy, and other amigos' photos are on my site (link at bottom of post).

Timothy's web site is http://timsbaja.com he is also the co-host of Fred Metcalf's message board.

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 1-31-2004 at 12:31 PM
Bob - So what's the weather like this week?

Hope to get down your way in a couple of weeks...what range of temp's do your records show for late Feb?

Hope all is well in your part of the world!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.