Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Ripped off at La Fonda AGAIN
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 09:56 AM
Ripped off at La Fonda AGAIN

In the afternoon occasionally I stop at La Fonda's after a day of shopping in San Diego for a bite to eat. About 3 years ago I had my car broken in to and the usual was taken, wallet, check book, sunglasses etc. On Thursday it happened again. Same things taken plus my rib eye steaks. Now have to go through the ---cancel the credit cards, bank account, get more steaks and fix the window AGAIN. This has only happened at La Fonda's parking area. Whoever ripped me off this time could not see anything in the vehicle (all covered up). This place has a serious problem and you should be very concerned if you plan on stopping there. I told the manager that he needs a security person out front and he said they have a guy, I never saw him. I think La Fonda is a great place to enjoy the view and have some great food but I will only stop there for breakfast now while the P-nche Ratas are sleeping off my or someone elses Rib Eye dinner the night before.

:cool:

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by lizard lips]

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 10:04 AM

I just heard there's a rib eye special at la Fondas. Yummy...

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 10:07 AM

Dave, I opened the door for that one. You have more one liners than Rodney Dangerfield!

:lol:

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 10-8-2005 at 11:40 AM
Dave

You are brutal!!:lol:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
About 3 years ago I had my car broken in to and the usual was taken, wallet, check book, sunglasses etc. On Thursday it happened again.

Ever consider taking the wallet with you ?? :?::no::rolleyes::wow::lol::lol::lol:
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 01:47 PM

I had my car parked directly in front where the path leads to the door. My wallet was under the seat and its a big one. Cant fit in the back pants pocket.....

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 02:08 PM

Did you see the Sienfeld episode when "George" had the oversized wallet:lol::lol:

It finally EXPLODED!!!

Was there any sugar packs in it??:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 07:40 PM
LL?

Have you always been a slow learner?:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 10:13 PM

I swear to God, I thought they were New Yorks.

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
In the afternoon occasionally I stop at La Fonda's after a day of shopping in San Diego for a bite to eat. About 3 years ago I had my car broken in to and the usual was taken, wallet, check book, sunglasses etc. On Thursday it happened again. Same things taken plus my rib eye steaks. Now have to go through the ---cancel the credit cards, bank account, get more steaks and fix the window AGAIN. This has only happened at La Fonda's parking area. Whoever ripped me off this time could not see anything in the vehicle (all covered up). This place has a serious problem and you should be very concerned if you plan on stopping there. I told the manager that he needs a security person out front and he said they have a guy, I never saw him. I think La Fonda is a great place to enjoy the view and have some great food but I will only stop there for breakfast now while the P-nche Ratas are sleeping off my or someone elses Rib Eye dinner the night before.

:cool:

bummer

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 06:20 AM

Interesting!

Nine responses and only one offering sympathy.

Who said nomads were uncaring?:?:

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 07:39 AM

Was'nt looking for sympathy, on this board? Im writing a book on one liners and come backs and where better to get get started. It's all in good fun, I expected this.

HotSchott
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 07:46 AM

Get a Rottweiler.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 08:35 AM

Yah... like this one!
(this is Hotschott's Rottie!)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I just heard there's a rib eye special at la Fondas. Yummy...

Y eso que no puedes leer bien.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 09:09 AM

Interesting photo, David. Where do those sink pipes flow?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 11:46 AM
Could you describe......

....how they are gaining entrance to your vehicle, for the benefit of those of us who do occasionally park there?

I was parked up top from LF del Rio for about 5 hours on Sunday and did take measures to immobilize my vehicle.

But what can you do about a "break-in"? Was it a true break-in? A wind wing window?

The restaurant's in that area need to be told by those of us who frequent them that this is starting to make us think twice about visiting their establishments. While I NEVER leave my wallet in my car (especially THERE!), I cant keep all valuable out of the cab of my truck, i.e., Hi LIft, tools, etc. While we can minimize what we might lose, we should be able to expect a degree of safety in areas they supposedly provide security.

That security guard should be fired...........I guess that means he will have to go back to waiting on tables only. :rolleyes:

What kind of car, LL?
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 01:09 PM

Thanks for the information, I shall stop going there, I think that whole of Baja Norte is going to the dogs.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
Monia
Junior Nomad

Mood: Peacefully Remaining

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 03:27 PM

We just got back from a great weekend camping past Rosarito, nice weather, surfing, etc. We met a family who's friends had their room at La Fonda broken into and their car also, I believe Friday night. The funny thing is they stole a bag that was on the car seat and it contained the daughter's homework. I wonder if her teacher will believe that story!
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Monia
We just got back from a great weekend camping past Rosarito, nice weather, surfing, etc. We met a family who's friends had their room at La Fonda broken into and their car also, I believe Friday night. The funny thing is they stole a bag that was on the car seat and it contained the daughter's homework. I wonder if her teacher will believe that story!

"The Banditos stole my homework......" :rolleyes:

It's such a funny story, the teacher will probably believe it.

"Hey Juan, check out this backpack I stole from the stupid gringos."
"What's In it Pedro?"
"I don't know, but it's so heavy it must be gold!"
"Open it up and let's see."
".....Algebra?....History?.....English?......Art?......Spanish II?.....Aye Carumba! it's all books! Stupid gringos, bringing books to Mexico!...."

:lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.