[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 07:50 PM
sorry

couldnt resist, thats me on the right

Want what you have
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 07:52 PM

I'm a little slow but my wife clued me in.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 07:54 PM

This is getting to funny and I'm on my second drink with my wife fixing, not responsible anymore.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 02:50 PM
Ditto

There is no need to call names, and particularly to dis the guy who provides this forum.
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 04:36 PM

Hey! I too agree that Doug is a saint to put up with some of you! I recently came back on this board after talking to several members off the board and being asked to post again after I got discussted with the total lies that where being posted as answer by some of the self styled Baja experts, some of whom only visit once a year and don't realize that things in Baja are not cut and dryed under every circumstance. I also think its unfair to have to leave because some of them upset you so much with there remarks. I am going to just totaly ignore their posts and continue to post when I think I can contribute and yes I know I can not SPELL but if thats all some of you have to do is worry about it, get a life,come to Baja, let me take you to places that even David K Has not seen!!(Lost Mine, Petrified Turtle,Pink Penis, spot where whirlwind blows continously, place where air is gushing out of the ground etc etc) Just remember I am in Baja Now full time!!
So if there is anything I can do for any of you I am always available (when I am not in the back country) . I now as of yesterday I have Direcway satellite internet.Its great! So if you are headed south on Mexico 5 ( the freeway) WE are at KM 54 south of San Felipe, Campo Playa Cristina, 3 miles off highy 5 on the beach, white cabin in middle of camp, has sign "Max & Polly, stop and camp, get your e-mail, have a cold something, get your flats fixed or what ever, for contacts we can usually relay messages down to Gonzaga it they are simple or send written notes as far as Coco's who has a new big 5day cold ice chest that he was needing.
Anyone wanting to explore Matomi Wash and area can check in with me if they would like to have someone knowing where they got stuck at! when they don't come back!
Anyway I hope this board keeps going and does not explode as the previous home of a lot of us did, I am not going to fight with anyone, I don't have time, I am headed for Las Animas thursday after picking up a sister and brother-in-law who are total newbies to Baja, on second thought there may be a hell of a fight Friday nite.!!
Max Borden
aka Mcgyver, gilaoro

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 04:53 PM

Welcome back mcgyver, I for one have missed your posts. Be glad to be seeing them again.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

exclamation.gif posted on 11-6-2005 at 07:11 PM
All the best to Doug, you da man!

I don't know him either, but I know that when I can't visit this board I miss it more than I would have expected. Even when I don't have a question, I am comforted by the fact that I can get an answer to a Baja specific question in a fairly short time, and generally put my trust in it. What a tremendous resource.

There are some folks who can really twist my tail with their anti-social behavior, but they are the same people that most of the other civil people who visit here are put off by. I only get to spend 30 to 45 days a year in Mexico, so I wish I had more to contribute to this board.

Even this thread would have been better if it hadn't been turned ugly by someone who mostly just wants to pizz people off.

All my best to Doug and the rest of the good folks.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcgyver
Let me take you to places that even David K Has not seen!!(Pink Penis, spot where whirlwind blows continously)

That's not the Mother Nature I'm familiar with.

Would these be located adjacent to one another? ;D

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 08:27 PM

I am also happy to see some posts from some of the Nomads who had gone missing. Being relatively new to Baja, they were very patient and kind when we embarked on our first drive to Baja. They gave my husb and I fabulous info. We were blown away when one Nomad in particular arranged for us to use her motorhome!!! I continue to get answers to my questions and count on this board for the REAL stuff!!! Thanks Doug...
:yes::yes:
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 08:45 PM
Mother Nature Places

Dave, they are all real places and you have probably been to one of them and did not even know it, they are fairly close to each other and you have to go to one to get to the other. I will try this picture thing again.
David K. for sure knows where the PP is so shut up. David, you are disqualified, it may be that you told me where it was the first time

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 08:59 PM

McGyver, good to see you back!

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 09:00 PM
Picture I Hope

Dave, here is another try!

bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 09:14 PM

Braulio, it is not nice to keep on hassling doddering little old ladies wearing purple tennies who have never done you any harm but are seriously considering how this might be accomplished.

And yes, I too support Doug. We'd all have to be pretty damn stupid not to.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2005 at 07:16 AM

mulege marv;
That guy in the tugboat was my original avatar on this forum, I stole it from this cool page: http://www.cargolaw.com/gallery.html he has a lot of others I like too! The one i have now was sent to me by a pencil artist, I have no ideal if it stolen too. Your buzzard is cool!

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2005 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcgyver
Dave, here is another try!

No wonder It didn't look familiar.

It's uncircumcised. ;D

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-9-2005 at 10:20 AM

Good folks like Doug are everywhere. You just have to have an open mind to see them. Doug excells on this board because he has a mission in life to provide us with a tool. This tool is the Baja Nomad. Thank you Doug. I hope that there will be many more years of 'devotion' to our 'cause'.
Long Live Baja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-9-2005 at 06:52 PM

Back to Doug... another photo of our web host taken at last April's Pyramid Resort Book Signing event... with his lady, Michelle...

[Edited on 11-10-2005 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Back to Doug... another photo of our web host taken at last April's Pyramid Resort Book Signing event... with his lady, Michelle...

[Edited on 11-10-2005 by David K]

I didn't realize Doug had married royalty.
terrybird
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 07:13 PM

Thank you Doug, for what sometimes must feel like a thankless task. When things get cool and rainy down there come up here where it is still 60's and dry :)

Rochester, Mn. USA
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.