Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A Cabo favor to ask...
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 06:22 AM
A Cabo favor to ask...

I have a friend presently in Cabo that I'd like to have some (very) small fun with -- if it's not asking too much of someone on here that's in Cabo San Lucas.

The favor is simply to write a short note from me to him and either tape it on his door, or barring access to his door, dropping it off for him at the facility. Further details would be provided to the person able to do this favor for me.

General area is up Medano beach not too far from the Pueblo Bonito.

Thanks,
--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 06:31 AM

Doug
I will be in San Lucas Thurs. If it is a simple task, I could do it for you. For instance, let me leave the note at the front desk. We will be on business and have Jim's mom with us, so my time will not be my own.
Chow
Judy

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 06:38 AM

BajaNomad a trickster ?? Oooo, the suspense........
You've gotta let us know about the "fun" when you're done !!

A friend once went to Japan for business and then to stay for another week on his own dime. I sent him a note one evening, "from the hotel management" that notified him that they would need to move him to a different room at 5:00 am the next morning. The note also asked that he pack all of his personal items for the move.

Needless to say, the night desk clerk had no information for him. :lol:

He received a call from the "hotel management" (me) at 4:50 am the next morning asking if he was packed and ready for hotel staff to help him move.
It took him a few minutes to recognize my voice in his sleep deprived state; he tried to get me back for years !!
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 06:54 AM
Diver

What a guy!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
sschaneman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 07:13 AM

Too funny:biggrin: mind if I borrow that one I owe a good friend of mine for a dig from last yrs Durado Run!

We went out right after the Bisbee totally psyced with Redrum! It was my first time out fishing with all the BOYS instead of just my husband...everyone had already stuck in their " 2 pesos" and tidbits on how not to expect to much fishing with big boys and all and how everyone had their own rod, no rod stealing, and that every hour you had to have at least one Pacifico or you werent allowed to fish the next hour, blah blah blah! All that frat boy left over silly drinking/fishing boy rules stuff right....

So out we go and WELLLLLL I kicked Thier collective :moon: 's by 10 am first by limiting out on Durodo and then by catching the 2nd Largest Marlin caught that day (which we didn't know till later) and boy did I rub that in!! They all got Skunked hee hee & by a girl! All but 2 of the flying flags were MINE MINE MINE! :spingrin: I was so excited...we gave our Capt & mate all the left over Pacifico (2 cs.) 2 lg durado the my hubby is holding and I tipped him all my left over Cash (about $170) They worked hard to keep me in the boat after every one else got skunked out! I owed them my life litterally I had 4 very peeed off BIG CONSTURUCTION FORMEN who out weighed me the mate & Cpt. by oh say 300 lbs! Our Captain kept reminding them they made the rules & she just followed them....:P

Soooo Now I'm BROKE and off we go to get the meat cut, mind you my gringo spanish is terribly limeted. We get there and get all the pictures and they are slapping those big knives and the meat is just flying off & getting wrapped...people are patting me on the back....I'm just tickled pink! & everyone leaves cept hubby & buddy Mike. So head meat cutter comes up tells us how much it is and I go do you take AMEX? Mike & Husband scatter the cutter guy stares blankly at me and repeats his final offer sternly....I again pull out the AMEX card and :biggrin:.....to which he finally utters the only thing I really understood..No Bueno! and repeats his final price for it all almost threateningly fist clenched tightly around his very sharp knife!

I look to my husband & Mike (who speaks fluent spanish) they explain to him the situation blah blah blah I think they are telling him that they are running down to AMEX getting cash and coming right back not to worry...see how stupid and trusting I am....

Off they go giggling like school girls...leaving me an the 1st mate with the very stern looking locals holding knives!

They appear to completely forgive the 1st mate and they are having a very jovial converstaion that boy I wish I was included in on....I go to sit on the docs and the head knife weilder hollars at me something that I am sure means to ALTO or die! and Jesse our 1st mate tells me to wait ...suddenly a young boy 'bout 10-13 comes up and tells me to come with him that he is there to watch me and make sure that I do not run off till my Saviours return with the cash!

Off we go to sit out of throwing distance of the knives...and after a good hour or so along strolls buddy Mike & husband casually sipping their little pacificos (nothing for me hell Id only been waiting in the HOT sun...for an hour with a terrible case of fight or flight ravaging my every thought!) They have a breif conversation with mr knife in charge ,,,, he looks over to me disapprovingly shakes his very large knife and back to work he goes.....I was silent the rest of the day....quitely thanking God for allowing to continue on with my vacation...all appendages still in tact!

The next night at the Del Sol fiesta after every one was throughly soused lips got loose and I find out that Best Buddy Mike had informed Mr Very Large Knife that I had been somewhat of a braggart, and needed to be taught a lesson...So they had convinced him to play along...to give me a little scare ...to shut me up....to make me fear for my very life....which much to my chargrin worked!

But your little trick ..... will definately even the score with big buddy mike!

OH YES....Revenge will be mine:smug:

[Edited on 10-19-2005 by sschaneman]

sschaneman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 07:33 AM

The little one ....

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 10:51 AM

I believe this one has been handled with the assistance from fellow Nomads.

Judy, thanks for your offer! Looks like someone may be able to go by there even today.

It's no huge prank - just a very small one for humor. I'll post something more about it later.

Would be interested in hearing more from others about any Baja-pranks someone might have pulled - or been the vicitm of - at one time or another.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 11:00 AM

We used to pick people up at the airport and take them down the old La Paz road which meanders parallel to the San Jose arroyo. We would all of a sudden pop out into the arroyo, cross, and be at our house. Everyone thought that we lived in a swamp. They never saw San Jose, which we can see from our second floor.

This is also for Natalie Ann....I think my first post of this photo was what prompted her to get in touch with me off the board.

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
This is also for Natalie Ann....I think my first post of this photo was what prompted her to get in touch with me off the board.

Ooooh, thank you Judy! Yes, that is one of my favorite pix. hasta pronto:bounce:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.