Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Ejido San Lucas
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 04:43 PM
Ejido San Lucas

This property is for sale, I am interested. Does anybody know much about it? Would it be a good place to hang our hats?
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 04:44 PM

Oh, here's link to a description of the property. http://sanlucas.bravehost.com/sanlucas/
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 04:44 PM

Also, do you think the price is fair?
larry
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 06:39 PM

[Edited on 10-24-2005 by larry]
larry
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 06:43 PM

Ejido land, I believe, is land that was once seized from big landowners and distributed to landless people and is owned communally.

I have heard that although ejido land is sometimes offered for sale, the laws governing it make it very difficult and dangerous to purchase.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 06:58 PM

It still comes down to if you can't afford to walk away don't buy, that goes for all Mexican Land.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 11:34 PM

Not a big fan of San Lucas. Good fishing there though. What kind of lease does the property have?

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 06:28 AM

Thanks for the input, maybe I best look around some more.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 06:35 AM

Informed buyers have successfully purchased deeded land all over Mexico which was formerly ejido land -- the sellers perfected their ownership position, Corrett issued deeds, the buyers got fideicomisos. The buyers and sellers were organized and determined like people in realty business ventures all over the globe. Don't tell anyone about this because the current fear factor keeps my little village small and tranquil.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 06:38 AM

WHOOSH

[Edited on 10-25-2005 by bajajudy]

losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 07:10 AM

This property is NOT EJIDO PROPERTY!!!!! I just happens to be in a village named Ejido San Lucas. Over 9 years ago all the government owned, populated thru ejido creation, property in this small village was deeded over to individual owners. I personally purchased a lot in this village, registered in my wifes name, and hold clear title to it.

I personally know the owner of this property. He has been a friend for many years. I was involved in the purchase of this property about 7-8 years ago from the original deeded owner. The title to the property is clear. Taxes are paid on it as they should be.

This property is not on the sea. However, it is about 2 miles from the cove at San Lucas.

Electricity has been brought into the property as has fresh water. There are innumerable improvements on the place. The pricing is not too high, it comes complete with a very nice 26 foot travel trailer, storage area with in-place pressure water system.

The unnecessary spouting about Ejido property is probably scary, however the naysayers don't always know the whole story. This village is small, but has an active police force, a 'mayor', and is more than reasonably neat.

If you want more complete information, I will be glad to go over and take very current photos for you.

[Edited on 10-24-2005 by losfrailes]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 07:23 AM
NOW THAT EVERYONE HAS DESTROYED THIS PERSONS CHANCE TO SELL HIS PROPERTY.

The ejido San Lucas years ago had titles issued for most of the land in the area and is one of the safest places to buy. you can get bank trust and you do own the property and improvements. this land used to be Ejido but is not anymore but the community will remain to be called
ejido San Lucas.
it will never cease to amaze me how quick some are to jump in and give really bad info about some things that they know nothing about. I hope they will jump in and apologize or delete there posts so this person can have a chance to sell his property it is a good property at a fair price.:no:

I do not know who this is selling. but my family owns 2 hoses in Ejido San Lucas.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 07:51 AM

WHOOSH

Suerte to the seller. Looks like a very nice place

[Edited on 10-25-2005 by bajajudy]

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 07:52 AM

Guess I was misinformed AGAIN!!!
Sorry...

The place is well organized and nice.
I drove thru every street looking for Wayne...

I was amazed how that area was well cared for.

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
OK, so it's NOT ejido land- so no problems with an ejido, right?

Lets see, let me state it again. THIS PROPERTY IS NOT EJIDO PROPERTY. IT IS PRIVATELY OWNED WITH A CLEAR TITLE.
mexibob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 09:44 AM

Funny, it's always the 'I heard' story that hurts the country and its delightful offerings.

I heard there are bandits on the highway, hear this then. Step in front of my truck when I am cruising the International Highway at 85mph and there won't be any bandits in the way.

I've lived in an edijo for fourteen years on the mainland. I built my house there and that is where I live for the full year.
I don't go back to the states when it gets hot so I don't get to hear the 'I heard' stories.

I don't own this property, my lot is in a privatized edijo and ownership has been divided for the 21 associates of the edijo. I pay rent once a year when someone from the association comes around to collect it, that is when they get around to it.

The most intelligent post in this thread is the one where it was mentioned, if can't afford to walk away then don't drop your money here. That is the cardinal rule, live by that and you will be fine.

As for the folks that what to impress those of us that 'live' in Mexico with their first hand knowledge, keep it to yourself unless you've experienced it first hand.

I say come on down and stake out a claim, whether it be in the city or a rural area. Just do it on the Baja, we're short on land here.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 04:08 PM

If it's deeded property..it's safe enough...

If the owner has a deed and you use an attorney and all liens on the property are clear...and you use a notary...and you like it...
then buy it...

We can't take it with us anyway....enjoy the experience:P

and...it WILL be an EXPERIENCE!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Butch
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 05:31 PM
Ejido land

Someone very correctly stated "Invest only what you can afford to walk away from !!"

Ejido land either past or present, just ask Don Johnson of Hotel Serenidad. A real horror story.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 07:10 PM

Way to go! Keep telling those horror stories and my little piece of paradise will stay just like it is. Lucky me, sitting here in my nice little Mexican house that was once ejido land, looking at my deed, my fideicomiso and the ocean. I guess the captains of industry who own the major Radison's, Riu's, Westin Reginas, etc, etc. are just crazy fool gamblers developing property they bought from ejidos near the water at Cabo, PV, Cancun, Z wah and elsewhere.
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 07:31 PM

Ah, Osprey, you have it so right. Lets keep the frightened peeps away.

However, this is a nice opportunity for someone who wants a nice titled piece of property, that has electricity, water, sewage system (of a sort), in an environment that is great for someone looking for a place to live without complications.

I have lived in this village, about 30 miles north of Mulege, for over 9 years and if they would only change to the laws of California with its restrictions and all, would be perfect. ;D
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.