Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 1000 Prerun
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2005 at 10:30 PM
Locos Mocos...

This is a great group of people who love Baja and I know will set themselves up at a very remote spot for the Baja 1000 this year to help whoever needs it...all for free!
We met them last year in San Juanico and they all are the, "real deal"....original Baja! They do it because they can- and they pay for it all themselves; Baja racers /Cars pay nothing for their services...
To me, they are true, "Baja Nomads"(just like the rest of us and the, "David K's/Doug" types on this board!).
Go "Locos Mocos"!!!
Juan y Juan will be out there with you and the rest of the,"Baja California Lovers" of the world!
"Baja 1000...the global test for the ultimate, "Fun Run"!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 08:26 AM

Your right they are a great bunch. Their pitwill be at race mile 130 near Cohabuso jct.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2005 at 06:37 PM

Did a little prerunning with Tunaeater on Sat. from Zoo road to Matomi wash. That is one rough course. Whoops from hell. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Matomi wash section. I don't think this course will see any speed records broke, just a lots of vehicles needing help. Thanks Bajalou for letting us use your place to leave everything and the radio.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2005 at 07:01 PM

Any time TW - by the way Corky got here about 3p - plans on being somewhere around the area for the week - might pit for a couple different race teams. Not sure yet.

:cool:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 08:24 AM

Lou, my brother Bill and I will be in Ensenada Thursday for contingency and pick up gas and tires from Paul, then head over to San Felipe. If Corky is going to still be there I'll buy dinner for all of us Thursday evening. You and I will consume the magaritas.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 08:54 AM

OK I'll let Corky know - He'll be back here ???? but I think he plans tobe in the area till after the race - depending where he is asked to pit.

See you then

:bounce:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 06:46 PM

I was thinking about the various race speeds for this 1000 and if 96A averages 30mph and leaves at 7:30am, he should be at Matomi wash in 9.5hrs or 5pm. If the Trophy Trucks average 40mph and leave at 9:30am, they will arrive at Motomi in 7.125 hrs or at 4:07pm. That means there is a possibility that a TT will meet 96A in the trip through the cactus garden before Matomi.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 06:53 PM

Let's pray for Paul's safety!

Baja Angel and I are thinking of driving to Ensenada Friday night after work to see the finish... Since my first Baja 1000, 32 years ago, I have never been at the finish line... the start when I was in a racer, pitting, spectating, but never at the finish line... Any clues as to where we can park and hang out between racers finishing? Where is the finish line this year... where in Ensenada is it, is what I mean.??

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 07:08 PM

If the TT's do 45mph it'll be good - and 705 miles at 45mph is 15+ hours so I figure first TT finishers will be midnight and later - that's unless someone goes sideways in the Matomi narrows.

The score Intl website shows where finish etc is.

:D

And I'll be able to get up Sat AM and still have racers coming by my place.

:rolleyes:

[Edited on 11-15-2005 by bajalou]

No Bad Days

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 07:14 PM

Heck Lou, San Felipe might be more fun to watch? As we drive across on Hwy. 3, Friday night, we will probably see lots of lights in the distance as the race course bounces around, and ON Hwy. 3!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 07:29 PM

The'll be near Hghy 3 in a couple places on this side. Crossing at Borrego Pass (N to S), then along hghy 3 fromV Chico to San Matis. figure MC's Quads' TT & Cl 1 to cross Zoo road from 11am on. But much of the racing thru here will be after dark. I remember waiting 4 hours for the first bikes at Borreto in 95. 1 bike, then 30 min and another and that's how it was till I left about dark.

That's why as a spectator, I like the 250 and the Code 200 - early in the race you see plenty of action.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 08:10 AM

The end of the race comes off the dirt onto Ave Ruiz and goes 1.8 miles to a stadium. Ruiz is where hwy 1 ( free road ) going south comes into down town and turns right then left onto Ave Juarez. If you take a left on Ruiz then follow it to the stadium for the finish line.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 08:27 AM

I figure the first bikes should get to San Felipe in about 5.5 hours. That would be around 11:30am. So Lou you should have your chair setup at the Zoo rd crossing by 11am, maybe even 10:30. Depending on where Paul wants me I may join you for a little while.
PJC
Super Nomad

Mood: Right

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 01:54 PM

We'll be in SF to check out the course from RM155-@270 Thursday and will be helping some folks run two pits on that side.

Best of luck to all!

Sounds like a rough course and a lot like the 2001 run. Wish I could be up at the Summit to see the mayhem!

Corky, we'll look for you tomorrow night! We ended up in the park next door under resee's that our friends made.

Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!

-- A simple operating practice.

‘Global warming’ has become the grand political narrative of the age, replacing Marxism as a dominant force for controlling liberty and human choices.

-- Prof. P. Stott

Time was, people warning the world \"Repent - the end is nigh!\" were snickered at as fruitcakes.

Now they own the media and run the schools.
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 04:22 PM

Thanks to everyone concerning my safety in the Baja 1000. I will definitely be on the look out for the trucks. Unfortunately we will have to deal with them and some cars. I hope they are all as patient as they were in the Baja 500.
I think 30 mph average is going to be about correct for us. Thats about what we averaged in the Baja 500. RM 200 @ 2:15pm Matomi by 5:00pm, RM 400 @ 8:55pm and the finish line around 7:30am...I hope we can make better time but we will see. If you see us go by give us a thumbs up as we pass. I hope all participants(racers,chasers,pits,officals and spectators) have a safe journey through the night. May God Bless us all...Paul
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 07:32 PM

Thanks for the Corky update, Hose A

No Bad Days

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2005 at 08:08 AM

Bill and I will be in my silver GMC Z71 with 96A on the windows. Will be in Ensenada Thursday for contingency and meet with Tunaeater for tires and gas then off to San Felipe. Hope to meet some Nomads if possible.
Everyone take care and think safety both on the hwy and on the race course and have lots of fun.

Tom
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2005 at 08:51 AM

Have a great time everyone!

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2005 at 11:00 PM

Corky's backin San Felipe - looking for someone to pit for--And waiting for that dinner TW

:o

No Bad Days

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.