Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto Now
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 10:05 AM
Loreto Now

Home for two weeks from Loreto and then return for another month. Loreto is (unfortunately) booming. New housing springing up all over town and up on the northern beaches. Then, of course, there is wonderful Loreto Bay. Thank God it is located south of town where we won't have to see all the rich Gringos (sorry about the use of that word). They are building large homes on postage sized lots. They haven't been paying the mexicans and have had alot of them quit. Then they bring in two more busloads from Guadalajara to take their place. Nothing down there seems to be moving at a very fast pace. I still wonder where the water will be coming from. They claim they will be putting in a desalination plant (yea right). Construction is of poor quality and I predict the first good earthquake comes along will put the places back on the ground. The Town had its 308th anniversary while I was there and put on a splendid show four nights in a row. There is alot of hidden talent in Loreto. The dances and singing were very well done. I tried the Isla Loreto Resturant for the first time since it moved from the north side of McCaws and had a very good dinner. However, the cost for my wife and I was about $50.00 US when said and done. I guess I will have to mark that one off my list. Still bargains in Loreto if you know how to go about getting one and are willing to live with the locals. You won't find them through the realtors in Loreto. They will only show you the expensive stuff. Any questions you have---I will be happy to answer (if I can). I can be reached at 909 985-4343 until the 17th of this month. After that, I will be in Loreto until the 15th of Dec. and I don't have a phone there---or a TV or Sky---or any of the so called conveniences we (enjoy?) here in the good old US of A. Happy Trails and Tight Lines, Sharky:yes:

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.