Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: cabo drive
sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 08:32 PM
cabo drive

We will be leaving Los Angeles towing jeeps ,quads boat etc to a just purchased home near Cabo. We were thinking of driving day one to San Quintin area. Day to Muleje or Loreto and Day n3 to Cabo. Any ideas on safe places nto stay along the way and good food. We may make it a 4 day drive. Thanks for info. Shellback
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 08:40 PM

In San Quintin: Mision Santa Ysabel restaurant just north of town on east side of Hwy. 1... if you can drive 30 more minutes to El Rosario for the night:

In El Rosario: Baja Cactus Motel (just past Pemex), La Boacan Beach Reataurant past the plaza on the left (in front of Motel Sinahi).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 08:47 PM

David, enough is enough! Are you being compensated for promoting bajacactus?

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 08:53 PM

Just answer my question. There are many decent motels along the way!

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

In El Rosario: Baja Cactus Motel (just past Pemex), La Boacan Beach Reataurant past the plaza on the left (in front of Motel Sinahi).

Just thought I would quote, before you edit.

[Edited on 11-11-2005 by Tucker]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 09:11 PM

It is sad that all you want to do is qualify my recomendations here, rather than contribute to the thread...

I have stayed many times at Baja Cactus (as have others on Nomad) and we all have the same high praise for Antonio's hard work and vision. I have photos of the rooms, and so that is why I posted it... I have also eaten at La Bocana Beach Restaurant and the Mision Santa Ysabel restaurant... They are also good... thus my recommendation... nobody pays me to say nice things about ANYPLACE!

I have heard that the Jardin restaurant is good in San Quintin, but have not eaten there.

I have stayed at the Cielito Lindo motel (in '02), but can not recommend it based on my room's condition...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 09:16 PM

I have no criticism of Antonio or his staff - just checking to see if you were getting discounts, freebies payola or other kickbacks, a yes or no will be adequate.

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 09:50 PM

"Cielito Feo"- ditto. I would really like to hear that it has improved because I have heard other good things about the place and the owners, but my experience there was $45 for a grubby dump of a room that wouldn't get half that in any skid row in the states.

Sorry, Cielito fans, but I gotta tell it like I see it. Much better experience at Old Mill.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 10:51 PM
the best thing going at cielito is...

the margaritas...after a few of those you wont even care what your room looks like:lol::lol::lol:

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 11:09 PM

IMEO 4 days this time of year would be more enjoyable, especially towing. The sun sets before 5:00 PM. San Quintin is realistic as long as you get an early start. The stretch from the border thru Ensenada/Maneadero can take anywhere from 2-3 hours.

We don't tow and have made it from Maneadero to Mulege in one VERY long day but it's not much fun.

We try and make a plan and be flexible. If we make good time and there is more daylght we press on.

Day 1 San Quintin/El Rosario

Day 2 Guerrero Negro/San Ignacio

Day 3 Loreto/Ciudad Constitucion

Day 4 Cabo

We are never on a tight schedule once we hit the border. Of course sometimes we stop some place for the night and end up spending three.

We like Cielito Lindo as our launch pad and our decompression zone usually spending our first and last night in Baja sleeping in our camper and enjoying the crab claws, margaritas and the locals, not necessarily in that order.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.html

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-11-2005 at 09:43 AM

Ditto on Cielito ...great margarita's, crab claws, and camping ...in that order:lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.