Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: score radio freq.
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 09:14 AM
score radio freq.

does anyone know the radio frequency that will be monitored for the 1000 this weekend?
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 09:34 AM

Weatherman 151.625
BFG Main 153.395
BFG Relay 151,715

I think - That's what my radio's are set for. Trying to find a site that used to list a lot of the teams also - will post if I find it.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 09:57 AM

honda tom
Lou has posted the correct frequencies.
Weatherman is the official voice of the race. You monitor him not the other way around. Unless you are a racer or chase person or have an accident to report don't bother him. In fact you should unplug your mic if you monitor this channel. Many times durring the race he is unable to communicate to the racers because someone is sitting on their mic.
If you are racing or are part of a team them you will have a channel for your team.
Most of the race teams don't want their frequencies published. Too much chance for mischief from bored race fans.
burro bob
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2005 at 10:07 AM

Weatherman might be on 151.630

I talked to him in Oct. and he told me he was negotiating to transmit from somewhere in Parque Nacional Constitucion for this race to get better coverage in the Ensenada area. Someone else would then broadcast from the Observatory.

:?:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2005 at 09:15 AM

thanks for the #'s. Usually several of us are further south on bikes, but this year were going to "tool around" the ensenada area in the truck and monitor the radio. several years ago i watched the start of the race from the riverbed in ensenada, saw every car at a steady interval, but it was somewhat boring after a while. Do you happen to know of a good place near ensenada? maybe a high speed rolling hill, or a fast corner. I've always wondered where that 70mph dirt road jump is they always show on video.
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2005 at 10:20 AM

honda tom
That jump is Ojos Negros jump. It is only about a mile off the highway. There is another nice set of jumps about a mile further down course.
It was not open to the public for the 500. At the baja mil last year it got pretty rowdy, almost a riot. They were throwing bottles at vehicles moving backwards on the course. A two liter plastic bottle full of sand can do a lot of damage. So for they 500 the only let press and official chase vehicles there.
I have heard it will be open to the public again this year. If true there will be someone somewhere out there collecting a camping fee. There will most likely also be a Tecate tent and other food vendors. It is a great place to spectate. Only 35 miles from the start, you will get to see lots of cars. At least half of the trophy trucks will make it that far. Plus if you wait long enough (overnight) they will come back by going the other way.
Get there the night before or very very early in the morning. Expect a lot of dust and drunk Mexican race fans.
It's where i'll be for the morning. I have a press pass so it won't matter to me if it is closed.
burro bob

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.