BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: THEFT is up 56%..... I, know.
aha baja
Nomad

Mood: wherever you go, there you are...

[*] posted on 12-1-2005 at 10:24 PM

Sounds like progressive is getting progressivly better at "stone walling" and blame shifting. I'll never use 'em either.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-2-2005 at 05:48 AM

all insurance cos. are the same...i spent months settling my bike accident last nov. they won't act until they are FORCED to!! most damaged parties get frustrated, give up and go "dead".
the insurance cos. modus operendi is very simple....as long as their money is with them and not yet going to you...they get interest on it!! Time is what they play on people!

you have to sue 'em if you want satisfaction. find a good lawyer and go get 'em. takes a while, you lose part of the reward, but you can get satisfaction!! i did it and am glad i did.

screw all you insurance companies double!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2005 at 11:44 PM

The Final Chapter,

Progressive finally paid. After 4 weeks.
Total value of the items stolen $1810. Cost of the damage from the burglar $950. Total value $2760. Total of the 2 checks from Progressive $1720. One for $720 for the window and one for $1,000 for the Homeowners deductible. Deductible $500.

Actual value of the window replacement is $650. I am fortunate that I've found a man that has the replacement window in his inventory in Phoenix, AZ. and he sells them VERY cheap, $1.00 per inch. That's right, for the 36" X 29" window he charges $36.00 plus freight. I'll make money on that portion of the loss.

With regards to the stolen items, Plasma TV, cantilever arm, approx 40+ DVD's and other misc. items the value comes to $1810. I have already purchased a new plasma and cantilever arm. Cost for both $850. I may or may not replace all the DVD's and other misc. items.

Bottom line at this point. I will do the repairs myself and save there. The lower cost of the window and I will save some more. My current cost for repairs and replacement items $886 and my labor. If I were to submit a claim to my homeowneres I would have an increase in my premiums, since I get a discount for not having turned in a claim in 25 years.

Perhaps my concept that an insurance company would sweep in and make my losses whole and fix the damage caused, all in a timely manner was a bit naive, perhaps. I did think that it would happen or close to it, but I never dreamt it would be so much trouble to get a partial reparation.

Thank you all for your comments and concerns. It did my soul good to see and hear that someone cared, even if it wasn't the company I paid to do so.

As always,

Bedman
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2005 at 12:09 AM

Steve,
I'm glad that you got it all worked out. Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

See you shortly,

P.<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2005 at 06:47 AM

steeeevo will see you in the bay, will be bringing down a new quad and a new rhino and you must take a ride in that rhino. will meet for margs. :coolup:
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 07:05 PM

Have Bedman Margaritas, Will Travel! (and Prime Rib, too)

See you both in a few days, Be safe

As always

Steve
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.