BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sick in San Felipe
harvestmoon

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 11:30 AM
Sick in San Felipe

We had typhoid in Quintana Roo and parasites in Guanajuato. We're with tummy trouble in San Felipe. Will we ever learn? :) Can someone recommend a cheap (but not bad) doctor or clinic?
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 11:51 AM

Here ya go Harvest...

Abasols Medical Group: (English Speaking) Hospital St James Infirmary : Emergency Medical Assistance, Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacy, X-Ray Services, Lab
Dr. Victor Abasolo Medical Group
Av. Mar Negro Sur 1285 ,San Felipe, B.C. Mexico
PHONE: Emergencies:(686) 577-0117
Consult (686)577-1706
E-mail: VICHE@TELNOR.NET
Botica Solymar: Pharmacy
Calz. Chetumal #700-4, San Felipe, B.C.
(In first mini mall on the right as you drive into San Felipe - one block from the Glorieta)
PHONE: 577-1462 or 577-1450
FAX: 577-2572
Hours 8 a.m. to 10 p.m

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
harvestmoon

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 12:41 PM

I was thinking htat the hospital is going to be pretty pricey - isn't there a clinic somewhere?
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 12:53 PM

Just go to a Pharmacia buy TREDA tablets 2 a day for 3 days.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
harvestmoon

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 12:55 PM

I was thinking htat the hospital is going to be pretty pricey - isn't there a clinic somewhere?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 02:07 PM

I agree, Lencho. Sometimes it is better to get rid of whatever it is.
The really important thing is the liquids. Nothing that is brown(cokes, coffea, tea) If you can find Electrolite, that will re-hydrate you.
If it lasts over 3 days, definitely see a Dr.

harvestmoon

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 03:03 PM

thanks everyone. i prefer to know exactly what I have rather than treat the symptoms. That's how we knew we had parasites (dyssentry) and typhoid. I think I'll just go to a laboratorio and have a culture done. That way we can rule out parasites.

I'm taking probotics but it has been five days of pain and liquid chit.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 03:32 PM

Lencho-Its the stuff in yogurt in a concentrated form...probably a capsule. I used to always take them before I came down to Baja. Now that I live here, I have my own host of whatever but am seldom sick. I do eat yogurt almost every morning. There is a new one here called Activo(or something like that). It is drinkable and full of good things for your digestive system.

Harvest-The fact that you are taking the probiotics and have been sick for 5 days tells me that you need to talk to someone about this problem. 5 days is too long.

I sure hope that you feel better real soon!

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 03:37 PM

Central de Salud treats all Nationals and forigners alike and very reasonable - will refer you to lab if necessary.
Next to park just up the street from El Sambrador?? market.

:light:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 03:37 PM

The St. James Hospital is very reasonable, there is the SS hospital on Mar Bermejo Sur 1/2 block south of the main street , from the gloretta coming from the north toward the malecon turn right its on the left. There is a Red Cross clinic in the NE part of downtown, I don't know what street. I always just take a Lomitil, 1 does the job. There atre 2 labs in town on the main road coming in, 1 before the gloretta and 1 next to the copio center both on the right side. Be advise the wait at the SS or Red Cross is comparable to the wait stateside for an emergency room and St. James is almost instant, my favorite Doctor there is a retired Navy Doctor named Summers. They will definitley take good care of you, inpatient is only about $125 a day, tell me where you can get a band aid in the states for that!

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 04:17 PM
But you are not in the states!

Example: Got a splinter infected thumb, went to Dr. Lopez at KM 34, got cleaned up,shot,antibotic, lecture and 7 day follow up. $35 dollars. + Got a great meal in his wifes cafe next door $3.95.
Later: Got piece of glass in hand and could not get it out, went to Urgent Care Clinic in Yuma, AZ, Waited 1hr,45 mins,10 minutes to remove, bandage ,get another Tetnus shot, no follow up, no meal and my insurance was billed$750 and I paid $85 copay.

Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 06:04 PM
Harvest

OK, I know a this point you want to die. And that's understandable, I've Been There Done That. Lots of ELECTROS, WATER, AND LOMOTIL. Every time you enter the John. When you come out. 16oz auga, 16oz propel or some other electrolite, and one Lomotil 2mg. You need a Dr, but this will get you there. Your bod will kill the bugs or make them part of you. Right now it's about the hydration.:cool:
Sonora Wind
harvestmoon

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 06:22 PM

Oh man, i DO want to die. This is just like when we had parasites except we had fevers then. I almost went to the clinic today but couldn't get the energy up to do it. I'll try manana.
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2005 at 06:29 PM

Moon, all this advice costs you about what it's worth. If you are sick go to a medical professional, it will probably cost less that the internet time you have used up.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.