Author: Subject: The Villages of Loreto Bay
friend of baja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 10:12 PM
tehag - hard facts it shall be

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
Dear Loreto Bay, Darlene Tate, Friend of Baja, et al:

While I agree that most of the criticism of the Villages project that I?ve read on this forum lately is ill informed and vague, I too have some uneasiness about it all. You could help me, and probably some others who read it, get more comfortable if you would publish here some hard facts. I don?t mean more press-release snippets or sales-brochure hype. I mean HARD facts.

A short wish list for factual reassurance might include:

Location of desal plant.
Source of power for same.
Salt disposal and heat dissipation scheme.
Ground-breaking DATE for same.
Type of eco-friendly power generation. Wind, solar, geo.
Location of power plant, windmill farm, solar array, etc.
Cost comparison with existing.
Ground breaking DATE for same.
Traffic impact figures for the Loreto/Nopol? corridor and mitigation plans.

What I think is most troubling is the absence in any definitive How, When, Where in what otherwise sound like right-thinking development ideas. I think that if you can address your more thoughtful critics head on with answers to these types of questions they will feel better about what is taking place. As far as the few who just vent spleen about Caboizing the peninsula, well, what can I say.

Location of desal plant. - north end of site, west of highway.
Source of Power for same. - Solar Farm.
Salt disposal and heat dissipation scheme. - don't know.
Ground breaking date for same. - don't know.
Type of eco-friendly power generation. - Solar
Location of power plant. - north end of site, west of highway.
Cost comparison with existing. - don't know.
Ground breaking date for same. - when economies of scale make economic sense.
Traffic impact figures for the Loreto/Nopolo corridor and mitigation plans. - Remember this is an environmentally sustainable development built as a series of walkable villages, where all services are located within walking distance. There will be no need to have a motor vehicle nor will it be encouraged or accommodated on a broad scale. The primary modes of transportation will be walking, cycling, electric vehicle (golf cart style) and finally public or private transit serving as a direct route to the airport and Loreto. Mitigation through demand management is the mechanism by which sustainable transportation will be achieved and the test will be Loreto Bay.
friend of baja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
"**********************************************
son. You have characteristically displayed all 3 in this one post.",

working on their team, most will be intelligent enough to see through this scam , No? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I was part of the development team I think you might be right jr...but thankfully for them I am not, otherwise I don't think they would have been able to achieve the sales figures they have amassed...so far over 450 homes sold worth more than $180 million dollars. A few people seem to like it.

[Edited on 7-26-2005 by BajaNomad]
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 10:42 PM

Out of work car sales pepole
:smug::smug::smug:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2005 at 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by friend of baja
Location of desal plant. - north end of site, west of highway.
Source of Power for same. - Solar Farm.
Salt disposal and heat dissipation scheme. - don't know.
Ground breaking date for same. - don't know.
Type of eco-friendly power generation. - Solar
Location of power plant. - north end of site, west of highway

As all your posts show, I see that you are really ONLY visiting this board to defend the (Loreto)project.
Since you are not on "the team" I question your statements. If you are "privy" to info regarding the infrastructure improvements and installations then by all means be more descriptive and include big words and pictures so I/we can believe you more. It is amazing to me that these projects(if bonafide) would supply all kinds of ammo and PR material for the developers, salespeople and information "spinners" and they are not publicizing this.
Shouldn't we have heard some of that in their press reports.

Here is the latest promise:http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/April2005/20/c8084.html

Better than home internet!
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2005 at 08:29 AM

When asked about a date for groundbreaking for the desal plant, "friend of baja" answered: "Ground breaking date for same. - when economies of scale make economic sense."

Not a very helpful answer.

Perhaps we could have something a little more specific, since this could mean never at all...is there a written statement somewhere that defines when "economies of scale make economic sense"? Or is this purely subjective and something that only the developers can answer? Do buyers have a contract that makes this a little more specific?
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2005 at 02:24 PM
Friend of Baja

Thanks for the post, but I don't get real cozy with "Hard Facts" that beg the issue with "don't know" or "economies of scale." Anybody know more? Or is it faith-based development after all.

Also, your answer that traffic in the Loreto/Nopol? corridor will be mitigated by the pedestrian-friendly nature of the project misses an obvious point; the ratio (according to FONATUR but challenged by others as too low) of habitations constructed to local population increase is 1 to 10. By this formula your 5,000 units will result in an increase of 50,000 full-time residents in the area. Presumably mobile.

Again, thanks for the post. I think we may be heading in the direction of healthy dialogue instead of an ongoing pushy-shovie schoolyard spat.
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 02:53 PM

Whats realy there...... Just returned from Loreto. Thought I would visit LB while there. Saw, one house compleated and furnished. This seemed to be used as a model. In the same area were about 40 houses most of which were substantialy
compleated. In two other areas there were about 150 more homes (aprox.)under construction in varrying degrees. Another area had lots marked and footings started. I saw about 200 (aprox.) workers there working on Thursday and lots of materials and equipment on site. No landscape, roads or amenities were in place, but that stuff goes in later. Hope the water, sewer elect. and such is available as advertised.......
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 10:27 AM

Re: Desal plant: "Ground breaking date for same. - when economies of scale make economic sense."
This has already been explained in an LB program update Dec. 04, that they will be using (draining) the wells until they're almost dry, and the number of people actually living and needing the water in the LB project warrant the desal plant. The report states: "Through Tom Horton, Econergy has provided us with a business plan which analyzes the opportunities for an early stage desalinization plant, which again will need to await population growth to be viable but the groundwork has been done. ... We are working with several different levels of authority to bring the water harvesting and desalination plans into existence including re-establishing long abandoned local shallow wells and legal water rights on our own future property."

That pretty much tells me that the promised goal -- "By the end of the project we will harvest or produce more potable water than we use."
is ethereal at best, and is just plain feckless. These are the "hard facts" from the horse's mouth.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-1-2005 at 10:56 AM
And apparently

That horse came with a whole bunch of extra sets of "blinders"!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2005 at 11:48 AM
on the nail-head

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone

That pretty much tells me that the promised goal -- "By the end of the project we will harvest or produce more potable water than we use."
is ethereal at best, and is just plain feckless. These are the "hard facts" from the horse's mouth.

right-on bro! I like that feckless.:lol: sounds like "f-cked up & reckless
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.