Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11
Author: Subject: The Villages of Loreto Bay
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 10-26-2003 at 07:15 PM
Loreto

JR.
When Loreto is like Long Beach will I live here? NO. Will Loreto remain tranquil? NO. I have lived "way out there" for all my life. I have a tourist related business. We enjoy Loreto for the fishing and the peace and quiet. The last time we were in cabo was 1987........too many tourists! When it becomes like Long Beach, I'll sell out; and be rich like Skeet. Read my first post. I don't think I'll have to pack my bags very soon.CJ:yes:
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-28-2003 at 07:00 AM
Village

Skeet. You've forgotten to mention to those who are unfamiliar with our area, that the Village is in an area that was "already" built about 15-20 years ago called Nopolo. El Presidente Hotel (now called Whales Inn) tennis facility with swimming pool, future bar/restaurant & existing tournament court w/bleachers. Plus existing 18 hole golf couse with club house, pool, future bar/restaurant. Streets are in, utilities are in years ago. Lots of houses already built & being lived in. The Village people aren't "starting" a project, they are hopefully finishing it. A new resort called Camino Real was finished on the beach last November 2002. A small 24 unit condo project is in construction right now on the golf course with some units already sold & occupied. And the developer is a Mexican family from the mainland. There is a small medical facility in the devlopment. Maybe fifty homes built over the years, with hundreds of lots undeveloped. The Village will finish what Fonatur started. No big fuss about it. Nopolo is here already. And the economy for Loreto is badly needed for sure from this "Canadian" company with a vision.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2003 at 09:19 AM
East Cape Los Cabos Loreto

I have heard most all of you complain about what has happened to the east cape area and Los Cabos. Most of you won't even go to Cabo San Lucas because of development and what it has turned into. Same thing happened to the east cape and Rosarito/Ensenada for the same reason. Why do you think Loreto would be any different which it won't.
And 5000 homes will have such a major impact on this not so very big, fragile peninsula. For one, La Carretera or will everyone be flying in?
For those that say Loreto is none of my business, all of Baja is my business and it has been for a number of years. And not only that, my business has and continues to be with Mexicans that have lived here all their lives. And a few others from north of here on occasion as well. They see what the Capitalization is doing to their children. No more family morals.
That many more people fishing and using the beaches will have a major impact on that attraction. Many of you were complaining about the Escalara Nautica Project, that is nothing compared to what large developments on the peninsula will cause.
In spite of my political views and feelings on the development of one of the last remaining ecological wonderlands on the planet, I realize that people disagree on some things. That is OK.
Any of you that are mature enough to not call people names are welcome to stop by for a cerveza anytime and just enjoy the view. No argueing or getting mad, just the view and idle chat. That is what Baja is about. I hope it can manage to stay that way.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2003 at 03:52 PM

Phil S. Thank you for a very informative post;
I posted recently that I would buy in Nopolo as an investment. The article I just read was not very clear about it being done on the underveloped Lots. I think that is a good idea if it can be done.
I was at the opening of the Presidente which was nver successful.I wait with abaited breath for 10 years to see the number 1 Tee to be built.
Knowing the ranchers of San Juan and the problems with the drelling of the wells in the mountains I am aware of the problems and lack of water.
I would gladly supprt your development if the following were completed;

A fund set aside in a escrow fund that would guarantee the return of 1/2 of the money invested by the buyer if water was not completed in an agreed time.

A full Service Hospital set up by the Mexican Govt such as the General Hospital in Constitution.

An extra School set aside for the children of workers who will be brought in to do the work.

It is my concern that the developers with the tactic of getting the mony up front should put some money into the project up front themselves.At this poit they have no Risk!!

Several years ago I was approached by a Developer offerring me a job to sell lots and promote a Motel at the entrance to Loreto.He agree to pay me 10% Commission.I think 3 houses have been built and no Motel.
"It is much better to have a Bird in Hand than a Covey in the Bush".
I am very positive about any help that can be given to the people of Loreto where most of my friends are from the poorer side of Life.They will be helped as they have been in the past with schools ,water treatment plant, paved streets.

I shall attempt to help my friends and neighbors with any thing concerning there giving money to an unproved situtation.

I will say that when another 911 comes to LA your project will grow over nite. I think this is already starting to happen.
If you are there at the right time you will make money and your project will fill a need.

P.S. The article in the Trivalley newspaper was laughable,inaccruate,Spin,if you are connected with this Development please get someone that knows "of what they Write"Skeet/Loreto
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2003 at 07:11 AM
Village of Loretobay

Skeet. I have friends in the San Juan valley who benefited from the wells that were drilled on their ranch. Electricity was brought to the ranch and they now have an endless source of water. Without progress, there will be no 'gains'.
And I am imagining how those people felt in 1850's when the big western land rush began, that brought 1,000's of people to Oregon & Calif. and Ski Baja must be a descendant of those earlier folks, as he's saying the same things I'm sure those folks were saying during those times. Zero population growth, is the only answer to stop expansion into undeveloped areas, such as Baja. Do you think that you'll actually ever see this happen?????
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2003 at 09:40 AM

PhilS
No Phil I do not believe that there will ever be zero Population.I am more into the Wrath of God where plague,Floods, Bombs reduce the population.. As you can tell I am more of the Survival of the Fitest.
I firmly believe we will see the time when a Nuke is presented to our great county and the resulting Holocast will help in the reduction of the Land and the people.Skeet/Loreto
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-29-2003 at 09:42 AM

"And I am imagining how those people felt in 1850's when the big western land rush began, that brought 1,000's of people to Oregon & California."
Uh - I think it was called the gold rush.
And it's not a population boom in Baja that is forcing expansion - it is the greed of developers - Canadian developers taking advantage of a country they do not appreciate for its true values.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2004 at 08:31 AM
I'm afraid that

Anon is 100% correct. I have been watching, questioning, evaluating for the last few weeks and that is exactly what is happening. The Canadians have beat the gringos to the punch on this one.
And they now own a good portion of Baja and are developing every inch they can. With great success as the developments are filling up fast because of word of mouth. With Canadians.
The majority of motorhomes have Canadian plates. Most all the people at Tecolote, Concepcion, the east cape, Los Cabos are all Canadians.
The escalera is happening and most all areas are being developed. While you guys were ranting and raving about how you were treated or abused in Baja, the Canadians skipped right through your country and bought all our neighbors land, right from under our noses.
I find it rather disgusting to now have to pay a Canadian 10 times what a property is worth because they weren't afraid of those horrid Mexicans. hahahahahaha
No matter who did what, Baja is changing faster than Orange County did. And I was there and I am now here watching it happen. Tragic.
Costco in Cabo San Lucas yesterday was filled with more white people than locals. The prices weren't very good but to those that live there, price doesn't matter.
At this rate, there won't be any need for BFG tires in Baja because it will all be paved. Just like orange county.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2004 at 01:04 PM

JR. You lucky man, be safe.
Yep, Baja has been changing for quite a while. I doubt it will ever rival the madness here though. However, all of orangeless county is not paved. It is actually quite possible to find some nice places in an undisturbed chapparal ecosystem. The one thing that might be the same between Baja and orangeless county is: if you get out of your car and go for a hike you will see things most people never see. Yesterday I did that in orangeless county up San Lucas Canyon in the San Mateo wilderness and backdown to the hot springs. I saw naught another soul or the track of man. Life is what we make it.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2004 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
Life is what we make it.

Es la verdad.

It's all good. Just some of it is gooder then others.

:D

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2004 at 03:12 PM

Good one Don Jorge. I love it when the sun is out anywhere in Baja...
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2004 at 03:13 PM
And I really love Pescado Frito!!

Like these... Bob H:P
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 10:02 AM
The Villages of Loreto Bay.

The Villages of Loreto Bay.
Here's some information for anyone interested in this development.
I recently flew from Phoenix to visit this proposed village, and here's what I found .
First of all, you must write a cheque up front for $5,000 before you are allowed to participate in the inspection of this site. This cheque is refundable should you decide not to buy.
To arrive at the site, the company will sell you a four day package for approx. $500.00 that includes your airfare and accomodation at a Loreto Bay hotel (3 star) meals not included.

They will also credit you up to $1,000 (for 2 people) if you buy a property..otherwise no refunds on the travel package.
There are no buildings on the site, so you must be creative enough to to imagine what the finished villages will look like, although there are lots of sketches of artists impressions, as well as a designer room with samples of the materials being used.

The smallest houses will sit on a 1,200 sq.ft. lot, this size includes your outdoor living space, and will cost around $160,000 for a one level house. No garages.
A second level can be added for around $38,000.
The title to your lot will be held in trust by a
Mexican bank for 50 years.
You can furnish the house yourself, or buy a package from the developers.
You are not allowed to rent out your house. The house must be turned over to their rental pool, and you will receive 50% of the rental profit.
A receipt of your rental earnings will be issued , and you will pay Mexican tax on these earnings.
I spoke with a Canadian buyer who told me that they are trying to negotiate a better return than 50% if they join the rental pool.

Hope this will be of some help.

Jim in San Diego.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 10:48 AM

1200 ft lot or home??!! that as a lot size is laughable!! as a home size its a start, but not much for $160 K...... too bad, this will go nowhere fast at those prices.

then again...i could get surprized.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 06:34 PM
Loreto Villages

Capt. Mike...you'll be surprised to hear that they've already sold over 100 future home-sites!
The development is being heavy promoted both in the U.S. and Canada I hear.
There does not seem to be a shortage of buyers...
....And no, I'm not a buyer.
Seems there's still plenty of Americans and Canadians with deep pockets, who are willing to take a chance on the developers dream of a 'European-style village'

The prospective owners were told that they can expect to collect rental fees of up to $400.00 a night....sounds like a recipe to print money ???

Jim in SanDiego.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 06:42 PM

Capt. Mike...to answer your question re. the lot size...yes, 1.200 sq.ft. is the size of the lot...the houses will be walled and the living area..inside and outside will encompass the 1.200 sq.ft.
Thats the complete size of the property...The houses will be built around little inside courtyards.
They look quite attractive, but you'd really need to be madly in love with your mate to live in such close quarters:spingrin:
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 08:30 PM
The lots are ready

and are about the size of a good dog-run!Rode my bike down there today and it's hilarious how small they are. However, Mija spoke to the "main-man" and he has confirmed that 50 lots have been sold. There are hundreds of them.It looks to be a town with in itself,with a planned coffee shop, art gallery, furnitue store,etc.He said the response has been overwhelming, so we think their marketing has had a lot to do with it(internatinal). I hear the machines daily and we live about a mile from the project. They seem to be moving forward ,without a doubt. It will be good for the local economy, but as observed by some of the Nomads, it could be the end to a beautiful area of nature.Just giving you all my sightings as of today. (the weather is perfect, by the way, and the yellowtail are thick!) Adios, Sally in Nopolo(aka:Msal)

[Edited on 3-13-2004 by Sallysouth]

[Edited on 3-13-2004 by Sallysouth]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 10:35 PM
Try San Carlos

We're building a 3100 sq foot custom-built house w/4 bedrooms, 4 1/2 bath, 2 car garage on a 1/4 acre water-front lot at Marina Real with ocean, moutain, and island views for the price of a 2-bedroom condo in LA.

No restrictions on our rights to rent it, or anything else we want to do.

Restartuants and activities are a cut above Loreto in my opinion.
Phil S
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 07:03 AM
Nopolo

Sally. One of these days when your riding your bike, swing by our house & let's get acquainted. It's on the north side of the tennis court. In that cluster of 11 homes. Terra cota roof. Steep pitched. Ponga with blue cover parked next to it. Green Dodge pu in front. Can't figure out where your home is located. This also applies to other Nomads who are in the area. Visiting or living. Phil & Wendy
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 12:54 PM

It amazes me that so many are willing to pay that kind of money just to live elbow to elbow with there neighbors.

My wife and I just purchased a 1/4 acre lot in Colonia Zaragoza,(south end of Loreto) for $3000.I wont have a coffee shop or furniture store, but then these arent at the top of my need list.

It may be more rusic than some would care for, but it suits our needs, plus I didnt have to shell out $160,000 for 1200 square feet.

The weathers warm, the beer is cold, alls right with the world.

Dan and Misty
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.