Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Camping fees at Gypsy's have increased to $10
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 11:13 AM
Camping fees at Gypsy's have increased to $10

and windy too. I stayed at El Paballon for $5. Not as windy, and closer to the beach too. Too bad no restaurant on the premises, but $10 is way too much to pitch a tent. Also, I was told that the camping at the hotel is $10 too.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 01:59 PM

way too much!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 06:02 PM

Gypsy's has INDOOR camping for wet or windy weather, and I have used it several times...

Things change... bummer!

Dave and Juanita had a nice thing there at Gypsy's... then turned it over to Laura (best breakfast burritos in Baja) and Gene (San Quintin Sportfishing)...

They lost the ability to sell beer...

Gene is no longer with Laura (I heard)...

Some nasty attitude gringo was gaurding the bathrooms last time I was there (I wanted to 'clean up' before eating and he chased me away).

Wet Buzzard isn't open the posted hours either...

Dave and Juanita, come back!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 06:22 PM

lost the beer?? pork kay??

how could that happen?

hey....Wilderone and i agree on something!:bounce:;D:coolup:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 06:42 PM

Even Mexico has liquor license laws... and somehow Laura lost it. Hopefully 'Porky Pig' can shed the truth here...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 06:51 PM

Laura Still has the BEST BREAKFAST BURRITOS IN BAJA and only a buck. And has an expanded menu too. Try the Tamales, YUMMmmm.... and I rarely drink beer that early in the AM.

With regards to the Camping. Yeah, I have a problem with the $10 buck fee too. Especially when I can use Cielito Lindos "sometime" generator. Sometimes it works and Sometimes it doesn't. But there is also a few other plusses for the C. L. RV park. Water (even if it is brackish), Sewer dump and way better Security.

Bedman
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 11:40 PM

Is the turn to Cialito Lindo marked? Was there five years ago. The turn was marked. Not sure I can find it now? any help?
Porky Pig
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 09:03 AM
Cielito turnoff

The turnoff to Cielito Lindo/Gypsys is at KM#11 south of San Quintin, on a paved road at the rose painted Los Pinos packing plant, which looks like a mall. Juanita had a liquor permit from the Governor, so long ago, there was no form for the permit. It was the only permit south of Ensenada. When she sold the bar and leased out Gypsys and retired, the new operators had to get new licenses, expensive, too much for Laura. When Gene left, Laura did not want to run Gypsys RV area. Skip took over the park, followed by Dick for a month, and now Skip is back. Attn: Bedman! The amount of business at most RV parks below Ensenada and above La Paz has seemed to decrease after the requirements for paid tourist permits several years ago, and will probably decrease further if the US initiates passport type requirements. As is normal in Mexico, it seems as if you lose business and have less income, you raise prices to make up for the loss, which usually results in more loss. Go figure! Anyway, Gypsys has to have water trucked in, as Cielito now does due to dry wells. Combine the higher water price and loss of business, the rates were raised. Laura is opening later and closing earlier, but that is her decision to make. I told Juanita I want to bulldoze Gypsys if Laura ever decides to quit, not worth the hassles to this retired person, but Juanita does not agree with me---yet!! Dave. PS for those who don?t know, our pet pig, Porky, who had the run of Cielito Lindo when we owned it, died last year at the ripe old age of 14.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 10:58 AM

Sorry to hear of Porky's passing, Dave!

Also, a major bummer on the changes at Gypsy's and Wet Buzzard... You worked so hard builing the place, I can't imaging you would bulldoze it down!

In 2002 through 2004, we enjoyed the indoor camping feature as we are tent campers... and it was always (it seemed) raining when we stayed there...

I was vocal about the tourist tax Mexico started in 2000 ($20 per person for the previously free FM-T) knowing folks with children would stop going to Baja and that would hurt campgrounds! The recent 7 day free tourist card was a bit of a relief, but now talk of passports for all Americans will be another dagger in the back of Baja campgrounds... IF it goes through...

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-31-2006 at 07:30 AM

David...it's a done deal (passports)

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2006 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

Not yet, there's another year to go, and things have changed before.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 1-31-2006 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
They've already lightened their stance a little, and who knows how much further they will as the date gets closer.

Reference:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=15173

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2006 at 02:06 PM

I have quit camping at Celito Lindo. I now camp at El Paballon because I never found the showers to be clean at Celito Lindo. I still drive over for dinner and a Margarita, but it was just too dirty for me. The showers were always clogged and you had to stand in a big pool of dirty water.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-1-2006 at 02:27 PM
Passports????

--------My wife and I have had passports for 25 years-----what is the problem with having passports required???? did I miss something????
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 4-1-2006 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
--------My wife and I have had passports for 25 years-----what is the problem with having passports required???? did I miss something????

I don't understand this either! Our passport cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $70 and that's FOR 10 YEARS. My FM2 nenewal was just 2240 Pesos, and that's FOR 1 YEAR. I could see the kicking and hollaring if it was the other way around.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-1-2006 at 02:53 PM

just become a alien in the USA ans see what you pay...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2006 at 02:55 PM

I go to El Pabellon now for $5. Right on the beach, nice windbreaks, clean hot showers, RV dumps, horse rentals, panga landing area....

Much better than the windblown, parking lot style camping at Gypsies, the long walk to the beach, etc. Laura does make good food if you can catch her.
Cielito Lindo is a pit. The hotel rooms suck/stink, the food is fair to terrible and has made MANY people sick, the drinks are fair to terrible, and it all get's dirtier and more run down each year !
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-1-2006 at 02:58 PM
It is becoming more and more clear------

--------that you pay NOTHING when you are an illegal alien in the USA------just ask the 10+ million that are already here. :lol:
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2006 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Porky Pig
...Attn: Bedman! The amount of business at most RV parks below Ensenada and above La Paz has seemed to decrease after the requirements for paid tourist permits several years ago, and will probably decrease further if the US initiates passport type requirements. As is normal in Mexico, it seems as if you lose business and have less income, you raise prices to make up for the loss, which usually results in more loss. Go figure!...

Not necessarily a bad thing to me...less people that is...

Zac

yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 09:09 AM

Can someone tell me exactly where El Pabellon is in comaprison to the Hotel at Cielito Lindo?? I haven't been down in years.. Last time I was down there was only the one campground.. Thanks

Derek
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.