BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: loreto bay press release.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

lol.gif posted on 12-5-2005 at 04:29 PM
loreto bay press release.

The leading source of corporate responsibility and sustainability, press releases, reports and news.

What is RSS ?

Feature your report with us

Enter Company Name or Ticker

Printer-friendly version
Send to a friend

11/29/2005

Press release from: Loreto Bay Company

Loreto Bay Foundation Announces Inaugural Grants

Local Charities Receive Donation to Assist In Their Efforts

(CSRwire) Loreto Bay, Baja California Sur ? Today, the Loreto Bay Foundation announced the recipients of its inaugural grants. Eleven charities affiliated with Loreto will be awarded grants totaling $64,350 to assist them in their efforts towards creating a better community. Among these are grants for animal welfare, health services, education, job creation, economic development, urban planning and environmental awareness. The Loreto Environmental Center, Animalandia, Loreto campus of the state university (UABCS), the Loreto Fire Department, and the Center of Ecotourism and Sustainable Development at Stanford University, among others have been awarded funds.

A non-profit organization, the Loreto Bay Foundation was established by Loreto Bay Company to serve the economic and social needs of the historic town of Loreto. "We've always emphasized being a good neighbor and Loreto has been a good neighbor to us," said James Grogan, president and CEO of the Loreto Bay Company.

Loreto Bay has partnered with FONATUR, Mexico?s tourism development agency, to develop The Villages of Loreto Bay, an authentic Mexican seaside community in Baja California Sur. In the early stages of its partnership, the Loreto Bay Company pledged to donate one percent of home sales back to the community as a way to help foster economic and social growth in the Loreto area. With residential real estate sales approaching $200 million, Loreto Bay Company has pledged nearly $2 million to the Loreto Bay Foundation to support local projects in education, extracurricular activities, business development, medical services, environmental protection and affordable housing.

With bylaws aimed at conserving Loreto?s natural beauty and protecting the nearby national marine park, the Loreto Bay Foundation?s principles are aligned with the development of The Villages of Loreto Bay. Development practices include programs for sustainable energy, water renewal and land stewardship, as well as creating economic opportunities through new jobs and local businesses. For more foundation information, visit www.loretobayfoundation.org.

About Loreto Bay Company:
Loreto Bay Company, headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, is developing The Villages of Loreto Bay, a series of seaside villages in walkable neighborhoods built near the historic fishing village of Loreto, Baja California Sur, Mexico. The Villages of Loreto Bay will be a showcase for sustainable development practices. Founded in 2003, the company is led by Chairman David Butterfield, President and CEO Jim Grogan and CFO Tom Nolan. For more news and information, visit www.loretobay.com.

What is RSS?

For more information please contact:

Debra Stevens, VP of Marketing
Loreto Bay Company
480.443.8350 x2009

Romina Bongiovanni
Edelman

www.loretobay.com
If you find this article interesting, enter your email and receive free weekly email alerts:

Please contact us at: info@csrwire.com, Tel: 802-251-0110 with any questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home | Releases | Reports | Events | Resources | Books | Alerts | Members | Partners | Green Dream Jobs | Contact CSRwire

Issuers of news releases and not CSRwire are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.

? Copyright 2005, CSRwire, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Created and maintained by web development services

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 04:37 PM
Anybody actually

living there YET????:rolleyes:
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 06:15 PM

Smoke and Mirrors, 200 M in sales X1%= 2M 64 K donated to whom? Hope I see some Infastructure.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 06:20 PM

my sentiments too Phil.
i am like Fox news....i report, you decide!!:lol::lol::lol:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 07:14 PM

I have no doubt that Loreto Bay will (eventually) sell out...And it gets better:

Just learned that the Ejido located at LA bay and continuing South voted to sell to a U.S./Canada company. Hundreds of thousands of hectares. Each family will receive 10.2 million dollars plus 2% of the profits for thirty years.

More when I get the specifics.

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 12-5-2005 at 07:38 PM

"Each Family"?? That could mean dozens upon dozens, (of people)....per family.

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 04:52 AM

well, good for the mexicans who finally get something from having basically nada. i hope all the developments work out but some will not.....hey, just like in the USA!

now.....i got to get me a piece of East Cape before it goes cabonized. Then i can bail on the premium and buy at.......BOLA??!!

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 12:39 PM

It may be a sign the "Nautical Ladder is on it's way. It may end there as a Loreto Bay but without the water I doubt anything mega will happen soon. Just think how happy everyone will be when BOLA gets it's first "world-class" golf course.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 04:11 PM

When I was in BOLA last week, there was talk about this. A guy at Diaz' market said that a Canadian company wanted to buy up all the mineral and mining rights. A marine researcher who has been in the area for 2 months told me that the Canadian company offered the ejido just $1 million, and that the entire ejido council needs to be in agreement. Some don't want to sell. The road to La Gringa is being paved (a portion this year, a portion next year), because supposedly a hotel is going to be built out there.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.