[*] posted on 12-12-2005 at 11:01 PM
Our condolences

Dignity
Determination ..
Compassion
Passion ..
Intriqued and intriquing ..
Inspired and inspiring.

Carol and family we offer our condolences on the passing of your loved one. May you find comfort in knowing the widespread love and admiration felt for him.

Tommy and Lori Garcia
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 12-12-2005 at 11:30 PM
Incomplete...

http://www.confluence.org/confluence.php?visitid=6790

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 06:44 AM

I had not checked this thread till now. Thought JR leaving, was him being peeed and exiting Nomads..

He could sure stir it up...he will be missed.

vios con dios amigo

el Vikingo de Punta Abreojos
postman

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 08:54 AM

I was hopeing to meet him and visit his Bamboo gardens on my last trip. Allas it will never be.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 09:30 AM

Notice the ship items? Those are all props from the movie Titanic that JR was able to hang onto after his working for the movie production as a head carpenter... He had a museum display of them for some time in Rosarito.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 11:47 AM

Rest in Peace, J.R. You have made the world a better place.
baja sur
Banned

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 12:26 PM

A Body may pass, But the Spirit lives on Forever !!! & Remember that every day is a gift. "RIP"
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 07:39 PM

This ones for you JR.....(gulp)

Now theres a hole left......:no:

GTB
Qvanbruce
Junior Nomad

Mood: progressing (gracias a los nomads)

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 08:20 PM

To all the "Nomads" who've posted regarding JR I thank you more than I'm able to express for the sympathy and more importantly, your understanding of who my brother really was. As I read your posts I find that I'm learning more about him too. As most of you know, he was an adventurer, in the old sense of the word, extraordinaire. I don't know how forthcoming he might have been w/his personal history, but for any who are interested I'll be putting together a brief biography soon, mostly for old friends and relatives, but available to any of you, as well.

I've met only very few of you, but from reading your recent posts and from hearing JR's stories and rants about the site, I know I'm going to have to explore his world, albeit tardily. Thanks again, Bruce
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 08:36 PM

Thank you Bruce,
I believe that a biography would be fantastic.
Please post it here.

Therianthropic
Qvanbruce
Junior Nomad

Mood: progressing (gracias a los nomads)

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 08:45 PM

Mike - Thanks for confirming that this all works. Is there a limit to the size of a post on this forum?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 09:07 PM

No, only if you attach photographs... then they must be under 50 KBS.

Thank you for doing this Bruce... JR was quite the man here on Nomad... we butted heads a few times, but in person we were always friends. I hope Carol is doing well and she should feel free to make any needs of hers known. Many of us live in Southern California, so we can get to La Barca without much problem.

My email is info*at*vivabaja.com should there be anything you need from me, 'off the air'.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2005 at 07:47 AM

Thanks Bruce
Please accept my condolences.
I would love to know more about JR. Please do the biography.
Take care of yourself and Carol.

DDurrell

[*] posted on 12-14-2005 at 11:25 AM

Bruce, Thanks for telling me about this site. I had no idea. I'd like to throw in some tid bits of our "adventures" growing up etc. for the biography. From what I've read Jay made a lasting impression on a lot of people..... but then again.... thats JR. Can't believe he's gone. Carol, my thoughts and prayers are with you. talk to you soon.
Cousin Dave
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2005 at 10:48 PM

Thanks for that offer, Bruce and Cousin. A lot of us look forward to your words on JR.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 08:40 AM

Our condolences to Carol and the rest of the family. We are sorry that we were never able to get 'face time' with JR. More then once we made tentative plans, but......

We will miss his travel stories and great photos of places we long to visit. We will miss the anticipation of opening up a post he authored and watching it's development. He had a way of getting your attention.

His, and Carol's, desire to give of themselves and help the people of Baja is an inspiration to all.

Rest in peace JR!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 11:34 AM

Good Luck to you wherever you are JR.

See if you can find an internet connection to keep us informed.

God's speed Sir.
sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 03:21 PM

it has all been said. vaya con dios.

lili
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Qvanbruce
To all the "Nomads" who've posted regarding JR I thank you more than I'm able to express for the sympathy and more importantly, your understanding of who my brother really was. As I read your posts I find that I'm learning more about him too. As most of you know, he was an adventurer, in the old sense of the word, extraordinary. I don't know how forthcoming he might have been w/his personal history, but for any who are interested I'll be putting together a brief biography soon, mostly for old friends and relatives, but available to any of you, as well.

I've met only very few of you, but from reading your recent posts and from hearing JR's stories and rants about the site, I know I'm going to have to explore his world, albeit tardily. Thanks again, Bruce

that will be good I cant wait to read it . thanks Bruce your brother was a true Baja adventurer

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 08:34 PM
Bruce

Toward the end JR used to talk about falling out of a swing, when he was 20, and hurting his neck. He blamed his worsening illness on this event. Do you know what he was talking about?

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.