BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Do we find Baja immortality in cyberspace?
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 08:03 PM
Do we find Baja immortality in cyberspace?

This is a question that I have been wrestling with lately.

I have lost more good friends and companions this year than ever before and I am actively questioning my beliefs about the afterlife.

Shakespere wrote on animal skin and with bird feathers.

We still listen to his words today.

Is he immortal?

JR wrote his thoughts and words on this electronic forum and others.

Is he immortal?

Does the passion of the response to the ideas offered keep the spirit alive or tether it to the mundane concerns of this material world?

I wonder.

When I was much younger, I used to tell people that when I knew my time was come that I would take a frying pan and a backpack and simply go out to the Baja desert (in my hubris, I thought that I would be able to control my time to go).

At this advanced age, I realize I don't know any answers at all.

Goodbye to the friends I am missing, I still remember you all.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 08:14 PM

Everyone is immortal as long as they are loved and remembered.

I never met JR and only knew him through this board however, his passing seemed unbelievable and I find myself mourning his death. He will be remembered.

In considering JR's passing I have made one personal realization;
I will pass from this world much more at peace for having known Baja, it's people and it's Nomads.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 09:13 PM

"I will pass from this world much more at peace for having known Baja, it's people and it's Nomads"

Yes Diver... yes!

:saint:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 12-13-2005 at 09:36 PM

Gypsyjan, I personally think that JR was such a feather-rustler and Fun-poker-atter, not to mention his heated comments about us "P-Gringos" that he is branded(in a good way) in many of ours' minds and souls.If that is immortality, then He surely has attained it. I just realised today after seeing some pictures of him on this board that I actually saw him in Loreto a few years back! I thought to myself at the time that this person seemed familiar and I should probably stop and speak with him, but he was surrounded by Mexican children, laughing and seemed to be having the time of his life! I felt as tho I would be interrupting some very important, private moment, so I did not approach him. Cyber-space or real life- JR will not be forgotten.:saint:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2005 at 10:58 PM

Dang, all these mentions of JR keep making me teary-eyed. He left us far too soon.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.