BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Capt. Mike and Playboy Lovers!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 09:18 AM
Capt. Mike and Playboy Lovers!

True Story

Once upon a time. a Father, his Son, age 12 yrs, and a Friend departed Loreto on a Beautiful day in their old green truck, headed for San Nicholas for a Days fishing with Terry and Cheuy.
Rounding the Pt at Pulpito we observed a Large Yacht at anchor. A bevy of beautiful young ladies were becing discharged off the Fantail into small Rubber boats, tansported to the Beach, were they proceeded to start Sun Bathing in very Skimpy Suits!!

We edged over to the yacht and questioned the Capt. about his purpose and Cargo. He merrily replyed that he was on a trip South, we ask if any of us could go with Him and his Ladies. My son and Friend hopped aboard, I returned to San Nicholas and then to Loreto in the Truck..

I was setting on the Porch at Tio's Casa on the Beach next to the Hotel Oasis when the yacht stopped and dischared my son and Friend, and two very pretty ladies who came ashore and asked if they could use Tio"s Shower. Absoluteley!!!!!

My Son's eyes were glazd over so I ask hm if he had a good trip and he replied" Dad that girl was June of 1968 Centerfold for Playboy!!". {I bought and still have a copy}..

skeet/Loreto
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 11:32 AM

Skeet And I bet your son still subscribes to Playboy, after all those years. HUH???? Did the guy look like Hugh Hefner?

[Edited on 12-15-2005 by Phil S]
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 12:33 PM
Skeet

Was the friend Captain Mike or is Captain Mike your son? Noticed you made no comment about the freinds reaction to such a pleasant cruise. And why in the world did 'you' drive home.

Hose A--How do you know all of this 'stuff?'

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 12:45 PM

No it was not Capt. Mike! His comment about Playboys brought to mind this incident so many years ago.

I had driven from Loreto to San Nicholas, so I needed to return my truck to Loreto.
The Friend was a young man named David who was living at San Nicholas at the time. He used the Excuse that he needed feed for the Geese I had brought to San Nichalos the past year. he just wanted to get on Board with the girls.

No Bernie, the Capt. of the Yacht was Black. He had 8 very beautiful Girls on board, staing that an owner of an Apartment somewhere in La had ask him to take his Boat and the Girls on a Months Vacation.
This was before the road Opened.

Hey Bernie, do you know if I could go on the Net and get pictures of all the Centerfolds of Playboy????? How to do it?
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 01:16 PM

Skeeter - see if this works:

http://www.playboy.com/playmates/directory/196806.html

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 02:52 PM
Hose-----Bishop?????

----Why in the world did you move away from Bishop????? I have always thought of Bishop as "God's country", but it was just too expensive for me to buy in. I have family in Bishop, the "Partridge's" and the "Moxley's", that have lived there for 2000 years, I think. My Uncle (now deceased) owns property adjacent to the Mt. Whitney Fish Hatchery (just up-stream), on Oak Creek.

My son lives in Independence, where he owns his own home.

My how I love that country.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 04:25 PM

Bishop is a very unique Place, like Baja Sur !
I too lived there for 3 years and still have lots of memories.

Question ; do either of you know what happened to Dan Schat--Ericks Brother;
I use to pull Dan aloft in his Sailplane , so he could get into the Sierra Wave. One day he went to 31,000 ft with out oxygen. He was a good Pilot.

I heard that the Schat Family broke up and Dan supposedly went to Arziona.

I have been trying to get in Touch with Him.

Skeet
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 04:29 PM
Skeet------Schat----of Bakery fame, I assume-----

No, Skeet, I cannot help you with that one. The Bakery is still there, tho, and flourishing!!!
RonnieRockCod
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 05:57 PM

Bishop. Always enjoyed that place as we passed thru to Lee Vining from the Marine Corps Supply Center in Barstow. Usually ate at Bodie Mike's and bought those large loaves of Sheepherder bread at the bakery. It was traditional to check the trophy trout in the glass door freezer in front of the tackle store. I think it was the same fish every year. This was 1959-60.

Convict, Sabrina, Grant, Saddlebags, Tioga, Oneida, just some of the lakes we fished. Avoided the June Lake Loop, Mammoth,and Crowley. Left them to the touristas. Helped to open the Marine Corps Cold Weather Training Camp near Bridgeport in 1951. Loved that area. Barry A. said a mouthful when he called it "God's country." RRC
Dave
Elite Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 12-15-2005 at 06:46 PM
Whoa! Wait just a minute there pard...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
Also true.
Hugh Hefner's son lives in Bishop Ca. and works as a self employed computer tech.
Daddy Hefner pays him a monthly stipend to stay away.
Daddy Hefner is not happy with sons sexual preferences.

What was it?

Three-legged donkeys or gorillas in drag?

I have a hard time understanding how Hef would complain about anyone's sexual preference. ;)

Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 06:53 PM

Does anybody know of a Richard Proger that has lived there for years?

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

What was it?

Three-legged donkeys or gorillas in drag?

I have a hard time understanding how Hef would complain about anyone's sexual preference. ;)

Let's just say that if he subscribed to a magazine it would be playboy not playgirl.

Now I understand. It was a loyalty issue.;D

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 07:37 PM

Hose A[
Thanks for the Info. I stopped by to see Erice several years ago and he told me tha Dan was in Pardise Valley near Scottsdale running a Bagel Bakery. I have not been able to find him.

He saved my life one time when along with Ronald Reagan in th backseat of the Super-Cub I was Towing Dan in his Sailplane, up a Canyon West of Big Pine when I got into a Wind Shear problem that was not allowing me to turn down the Canyon.
The Winds whiped the Sailplane into a position ahead and above me, causing the Tow Line to loop over my Wing. Dan saw that I was in trouble and release from his End and kept the Tow line from cutting my Wing off!!

At 15 years of age he was the Dutch National Sailplane champion, coming to the Us and helping his Father start Schats Bakery.

Sorry to hear about his accident, he was one of the best,natrual Pilots I have every Known.

Ron Reagan was and Insurance Agent along with Spitznagel and Ted Gardner.

Great Place --Bishop
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 07:41 PM

Ronnie Rock cod;
Did you ever go fishing in that small Lake on the road up to Marine Base?

It was loaded with 5 lb-10 lb Brook Trout, Rainbow, and Browns, all Brood Stock.

I wonder if the State still owns it and how much is the fine if you get caught Fishing in It.

Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2005 at 07:43 PM

P. S. for Ronnie

Saddlebag lake is where I caught a 3lb.3oz Golden Trout that I had mounted by "Brooks" on the corner of Line Street and 395. I still have it on my Wall Skeet
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 06:31 AM

that Hefner kid shouldn't have to work at all period with all of the family $$??
even if he likes boys, animals, whatever!!:lol::lol::lol:

just keep him away and feed him $$.....:moon:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
mrchuck
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
P. S. for Ronnie

Saddlebag lake is where I caught a 3lb.3oz Golden Trout that I had mounted by "Brooks" on the corner of Line Street and 395. I
still have it on my Wall Skeet

Skeet, The correct name of the fishing tackle store is "Brocks".

And, Saddlebag Lake,is nowhere near the Marine Corps Mountain Weather Training Center.
In fact, Saddlebag Lake is up off the Calif State Highway 120(aka Tioga Pass road, totally closed in the winter) and very close to the back Eastern entrance to Yosemite Natl Park.

Saludos y buena suerte,,,,,,mc
Bob and jane
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 07:43 AM
are the Brock's still around?

We met Jim and Pat Brock many years ago camped at Requeson. They had some great stories about the way the place USED to be--and they were telling these stories to us 20 years ago! More recently they had a place in Juncalito, but when we have looked for them no one had any information. Any Nomads have a recent sighting or any news? They were really fine people.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 08:24 AM

Mr Chuck:

You are Right the lake was "Bloody Lake "I think, very near and between Convict Lake and Mamouth.. Walked in just as the Ice was breaking, Cast a Golden Febee near the edge of the underwater shelf of Ice.

Jim at Brocks took care of the fish, sent to La for Stuffing.
later i was talking about Bishop when I was living in Loreto and Jim came up and spoke, I did not know Him!!Real Nice Guy.

Skeet
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 10:39 AM
Hose-----------about the Bishop "Moxley's"---

--------you are right, one of the brothers WAS named Phil, and the other is Dick ("Dickey"), and their Dad was "Bob Moxley". Bob came to the valley with my Dad and my Uncle all the way from the Boston, MA area in early-20's, in a very old creeky car. Bob was 17, my dad was 16, and my uncle was 14, and just the 3 of them made that long trip together. Lots of stories, and adventures on that trip. Both my Uncle and Bob Moxley stayed in the "Valley" their entire lives. My Dad joined the Navy after completeing High School in Bishop, and became a pilot until he was killed in an airplane crash in Hawaii.

Severeral young Moxley's are running around the Valley today.

The most well known "Partridge" family member that you might remember was "Happy Jack" Partridge, that owned the resort called "Happy Jack's", just a few miles north of Tom's Place at the top of the Sherwin Grade, north of Bishop.

All the Partridges owned a huge Family ranch just south of Bishop, which was bought out by the City of LA for their water rights. My Uncle married one of the Partridge girls from that Ranch, and they were together until they died. A few young Partridges are still in the Valley, I believe.

Different subject: Many years ago, at Gonzaga Bay, I met the owners of one of the houses right in front of the Papa Fernandez's restaurant. These folks owned the June Lake Resort, north of Mammoth. Seems that "Valley" people just naturally gravitate towards Baja, and vice -versa.

I also remember JR mentioning that he had spent many a day in the Owens Valley/Death Valley area-----more proof that Baja folks and Valley folks have much in common.

Barry Ashworth
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.