BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aero California's Half Price Sale is On.
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2005 at 10:37 AM
Aero California's Half Price Sale is On.

Restrictions apply.

It runs through 12/21 - you don't have to book specific dates.

Here's a link to an ad in spanish:

http://www.debate.com.mx/pdfs/171205/lmm/LMM171205Ciud05.PDF

The ad states that the flights have to originate in Mexico - but that hasn't been my experience in the past - so check with your agent - Aero Cal doesn't sell tickets through it's website - you'll have to use an agent.

Service is pretty bad on Aero Cal - but you'll probably arrive alive.
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 12-18-2005 at 11:41 AM

Hmmm..... the link didn't work (click on, or cut & paste...)
Thanks however for the tip.... I'll try to find their web page again.
djh.

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2005 at 09:09 AM

AeroCal has been consistantly serving Loreto for over 35 years. I have never had a bad experience with them. As for making money---it is my understanding that they are doing just a little better than breaking even. They are looking for capital to buy some new planes as these are the same planes they have been using for about thirty years now and their might be some issues with them landing in U.S. Airports unless they upgrade. I find their service very good and have rarely been late getting to Loreto and LAX. When other airlines stop serving Loreto, AeroCalif will still be there. Just my opinion.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-19-2005 at 10:47 AM

I have flown them about a dozen times or so from LAX to Hermosillo. They are late 90% of the time. So I don't know what you are talking about Sharky! But I am always late getting to the airport, so it never bothered me! Service is ok, nothing fancy, but nothing bad.

AeroMexico (AeroLitoral actually) recently started flying a jet from LAX to Hermosillo instead of a turbo prop. That is good news. Takes about an hour off the trip.

[Edited on 12-19-2005 by JZ]
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2005 at 06:28 PM

I can't say anything about the LAX to Hermosillo flights as I only fly direct from LAX to Loreto. The only time I flew to Hermosillo was when I flew Aeromexico. I usually fly round trip about five times a year LAX to Loreto and my experience has always been good. Sorry, guess I have been lucky all these years.

LaTijereta
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 12-19-2005 at 07:33 PM
Alaska Air

Russ,
Give Alaska a try sometime, and you will be surprised at the service:biggrin:
They fly out of their own terminal at LAX, and the planes are very nice...
They run specials on RT to Loreto every so offen, and fly non stop 3 days a week.

HAPPY TRAILS...
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2005 at 08:13 PM

I am very lucky also, Capt. Sharky. In nearly 10 years of traveling every carrier that flies to Baja Sur, AeroCa is perhaps my favorite - and I DO like to be on time and have all my maletas arrive with me. I find their flight staff to be friendly and courteous, and the price is right.

My last flight with them was just a few weeks back. Looked like we were going to be leaving late... then that plane pulled up on the tarmac, everyone was helped to board lickety-split, and before I could open my book we were racing down the runway. Looked at my watch... yep, right on time - to the minute.

Oh wait - I mis-spoke (mis-wrote?). Our first trip to La Paz was with AeroCa. I have a wonderful photo of mi esposo sitting in the La Paz airport under the AeroCa sign which says
Flt. 102
Departs 1:30 p.m.
ON TIME
... he's pointing to his watch which says 8:30 - and it ain't morning!

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2005 at 08:23 PM

I tried calling AeroCalifornia two times this afternoon to check on costs for flying down this coming summer...but their system disconnected me both times. Went online to Alaska Airlines....and with a Thursday/Thursday; LAX/LTO pattern was quoted $223.15 per person including all taxes and fees.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2005 at 08:59 PM

Give Alaska a try sometime, and you will be surprised at the service:biggrin:

I have flown on Alaska. Yes---it is very nice. Good Service and Good Prices. Its just that when everyone else left Loreto, Aerocalifornia stuck around. Both airlines have their advantages. As for the service---its only an hour and a half from LAX and I usually sleep the entire time. I think the Mexican stewardess' are much cuter than the Alaska stews. That just my opinion---but I'm stickin to it.

msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2005 at 11:09 PM
Plane tickets

I did buy a set of tickets from Air Alaska from LAX to Loretro in March, I could not get it set up with AREO CALIF. But, I have bought tickets thru Areo Cal the last three years for trips through the year..... You can not beet this deal. Good thru the year with your name on the ticket. Use it when you want to go.

buy Areo Cal...... best buy. Great Folks.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2005 at 01:16 AM

so how much is round trip loreto lax??

jerry and judi
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2005 at 09:21 PM
Loreto International 1961

You wonder what it cost to fly from LA to Loreto (most likely via La Paz) back then? Photo from the Howard Gulick collection, with his buddy, Peter Gerhard boarding in Loreto. Notice the tie? I guess there was a real romance with flying back then and it was cool to wear ties (even in Loreto...can you believe it?) Does anyone know what the cost would be in today's dollars?
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 12-21-2005 at 12:15 AM
An old DC-3 tail-dragger

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2005 at 04:37 AM

i think i saw that same plane flying low out of loreto not too long ago??:?::?::?::lol::tumble:

jerry and judi
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 12-23-2005 at 07:27 AM

After waiting 3 hours in Mexico City for our flight that should have departed three hours earlier, we and about 60 others were boarded on a bus from the terminal that took us to an Aero Cal plane. (they didn't have rights to the terminal in those days and likely still don't) I forgot to mention that we also had to sit on the bus, closed doors, no driver for about one hour. So now we're four hours late at this point.... driver speaks with pilot through bus doors, then we all get off the bus and onto the plane. Everyone up the stairs into their seats, 30 minutes later doors of plane close then one of the stews tells us that we're all on the wrong plane! So all 60 of us get off and back on the bus. My kid is crying and two other kids are crying, lots of foul spanish language... we go to another plane. Bus driver speaks to pilot, then we move to another plane, bus driver speaks to pilot...then we go back to plane number one and get back on!!! Seems everyone asks the stews...La Paz, right??? We all sit down and then we finally take off...and guess what? We go the WRONG FRIGGING CITY!! all 60 of us!

This was in september 2000.

But this was by far my worst experience with Aero Cal. but I do have more.

I wouldn't fly them if they were to have a 99% off sale!

"when everyone left Loreto Aero Cal stayed"
what does that mean? Aero Mexico left, only Aero Mexico, Alaska is completely new to this destination and is the only line that gives a rats ass about us. (people fly Alaska to LTO they make money, people fly Alaska to LTO all the Loreto businesses make money) Aero Cal would rather sell their other destinations and would probably love to drop LTO. They've already cut service down to two days.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2005 at 10:56 AM
AeroCal..

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam

"when everyone left Loreto Aero Cal stayed"
what does that mean? Aero Mexico left, only Aero Mexico, Alaska is completely new to this destination and is the only line that gives a rats burro about us. (people fly Alaska to LTO they make money, people fly Alaska to LTO all the Loreto businesses make money) Aero Cal would rather sell their other destinations and would probably love to drop LTO. They've already cut service down to two days.

You go Girl!:biggrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.