Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bahia San Luis Gonzaga
bajabound
Junior Nomad

question.gif posted on 10-27-2003 at 10:36 AM
Bahia San Luis Gonzaga

Does any one know the story behind the houses on the Bay of San Luis Gonzaga? Do people lease the land or buy the land in a trust ? Is there any land left to buy or lease on that bay? It was one of the most
beautiful places I've ever been to in the world . Does anyone have any Information?

Thanks

PS next time I drive there I won't take the road from San Felipe. It's not the most fun thing to do in a 2 wheel drive toyota pick up ,solo. I never new anyone
to do it so I had to give it a shot.
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

shocked.gif posted on 10-27-2003 at 01:11 PM
Check it out

Catch Bob H,s photo of the road in the 60,s and 70,s ....Dated 8-21-03....Could it be............Now that is nasty.
BAITCAST

.........:o:o:o
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-27-2003 at 02:32 PM

Those homes adjacent to Alfonsina's airstrip are on land leased from Alfonsina. There is a new development starting up across the bay and new homes will come on the market for sale in the near future. Location is just beyond Punta Final. Inquiries may be made at Punta Final regarding particulars.
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

lol.gif posted on 10-28-2003 at 08:46 AM
Houses at Alfonsina's

There are 72 lots at Alfonsina's and all are occupied. They are leased from Alfonsina who leases the land on a 30 year lease from the Mexican government.

At Alfy's there is a cantina and motel with about 20 rooms, a runway (under water at high tide) and a good beach.

There are usually about two houses/trailers for sale on Alfy's beach...prices vary from about $20,000 to more than $100,000. You can't find out about them without going there....no real estate agents. Alfy (or her sons Roman and Jaquin) have to approve all sales.

There is a "7-11" run by Rodriguez's Rancho Grande about three miles west of Alfy's...at the end of long runways out at the cross roads. They have groceries, water, gas and a tire shop...you will need that if you drive in. They sometimess (like on holiday weekends) run outa gas. Sometimes run outa beer to

At Punta Finale on the south east side of Gonzaga Bay and across from Afly's there are some houses but no cantina. That camp is under new ownership and they plan to build houses...don't know when.

Rodriguez has some palapas on his beach to the south of Alfy's about a mile out. They have leased some of them and people are bringing in trailers and building places there.

There are no "services" at Gonzaga Bay...no electricity except from solar systems and generators. There is a Sat phone at Rancho Grande and Alfy is having one installed at the cantina. Lotsa of people there have their own sat phones. Afly sells fresh water off a truck for $5/barel (+/-). Drinking water is sold by the five gallon jug at Rancho Grande for about $3. The Ranch and Alfonsina both sell propane for refrigerators and cooking stoves....sometimes they are out. ...ditto gas at The Ranch.

The Beer Truck (Pacific y Corona) comes in from Guerro Negro on Thursdays if he can make it....that's a red letter day each week...especially if he didn't make it last week.

To have a place on the beach at Gonzaga Bay you will need a ton of self reliance, a really good truck and/or an airplane. It aain't a good place for people who are looking for The Holliday Inn.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-29-2003 at 06:17 AM
hey Bucko....

you really put into perspective! thx.

are you getting hit with the visa charge each time you clear at MMSF?

i'm getting real tired of that. when i already have a 180 day valid from MMGM

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

[*] posted on 10-29-2003 at 08:15 AM
Visas

Capt. Mike:

Yup....don't know why though. We shouldn't need even a 180 visa because Baja is a Free Zone and Gringos ain't supposed to need one anyplace there. Must be because we are in airplanes and the gummint doesn't know where we're gonna fly...they don't have a follow up flight plan system like the Feds Against Aviation has up here. I asked the commandante at San Felipe once what they did with the flight plans they so laboriously filled out each trip. He said, "Senior, we put them in a box and send to Mexico City once every three months." If we lost it and set our butts down somewhere out in the dryboonies our "flight plan" wouldn't do us much good.

Ditto Visas...the only purpose for them is as a dollar source for airport emplyees...that's why they don't use the computers they have all over the place...it's a lot more dollar generating to use pencils to fill out all those forms.

The BBP is working on Mexico City to change some of this stuff.....might get it done in about 50 years.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2003 at 08:41 AM

"We shouldn't need even a 180 visa because Baja is a Free Zone and Gringos ain't supposed to need one anyplace there."

Not true. Except north of an imaginary line from San Felipe to Ensenada you need one if you stay longer than 72 hours and north of the line 7 days.

Mike, wouldn't an FM3 take care of that visa thang?

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-29-2003 at 10:51 AM
more on visas at MMSF.....are you bored yet??...

yes, and i hope to have an FM3 one day after aquiring a formal land/lot lease, but that costs what, 300-400 bucks a year to keep active? Another source i know who spends an awful lot of time in mexico city states that in fact there is a law currently active however conflictural that states baja, all baja is a free travel zone with no tax required!!!

i just avoid MMSF unless i have pax that need/want to go there and continue to clear in at the frienliest place on the mexican soil...that being Guaymas! They really know how to treat us pilotos like we want to be, not rich kings, but everyday mex loving turisticos who happen to like to drive around in aero planes.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.