Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hurrican Trip Day Four
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2003 at 09:38 PM
Hurrican Trip Day Four

Hurricane Trip Day Four

Plans are for visiting some fossil areas and ranchos with some really good pieces. We will leave here at 4:00 pm when it has started to cool down.
Spend the day cleaning trash and mowing the lawn around the campsite which cut?s down on the bugs and definitely helps with getting around. Took some photos of the ducks and resident Caguama.
Jose shows up at 4:00 and says his Dad?s truck is broken down on the way to C.Constitucion and wants to know if I can help. ?No? I gallantly reply. I?m no mechanic. Hahahaha, we can go to the fossils on the way back Jose informs me so we pick up Dad, who had walked the 15 Km back to the Mission, all three of their tools and head off to the truck. They have explained that the bolts holding the starter on have broken and I have a cordless drill so there is hope.
We get to the truck and Jose?s Dad climbs under while I get the drill. I bring it over and get funny looks from both of them. ?It?s your drill? I am told so under the truck I go filling my eyes with metal shavings, grease and I don?t know how many years of free range ?muffins?. Until the battery goes dead. The other battery is also dead so now we have a problem. No electricity in San Luis but Joses sister lives in Villa Morelos so off we go to recharge batteries. I can also get ice, gas and a few other supplies so I don?t mind.
Jose?s sister has a very nice house and garden and kids who love Andi and Big. The batteries are charging and we are eating fresh cheese, beans, tortillas and chilis picosos.
After dinner we head to the store and when we return, Jose?s Dad is there in another truck with the wood he had for sale in his truck. Unfortunately, his truck is still sitting out there. And it is now 10:00.
Jose and I head back to the truck and knowing what I am in for , ingest as many Pacificos, etc. as humanly possible while still expecting to return to camp after laying in dung and filling my eyes with years of same. If the amount of metal shavings I got in my eyes was any indication, we made some progress. Jose?s Dad kept the bolts so we couldn?t actually see if we won or not. Arrived back at camp at 1:00 am , fed the dogs something besides tortillas and went to bed covered in yuck.
Note: While we were all talking at dinner, Jose?s niece Dulce picked 2 mosquitos and a moth out of her beans, so we were all checking for added surprises that had flown in. Talking on this subject, 2 people had died in C.Constitucion from Dengue. On the patio after dinner , everyone was swatting mosquitos. Except me with my usual ? inch of repellants. But, I had found some great recipients for some repellants. I was also able to help teach Dulce some fraction conversions for her homework so we had a really good time in spite of the truck.
More later.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2003 at 09:48 PM

JR - too bad about the dengue thing. It is amazing that we haven't heard more in the news.

Clear safety goggles? :)

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-28-2003 at 06:31 AM
what about cigars as bug repellents?

seems they stay away from me as long as i'm puffin'......'course everyone else stays away too except a few who appreciate fine tobacco!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.