Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dirtdogs Thanksgiving, Days 4-5
DEVEAU
Nomad

Mood: "WFO"

[*] posted on 12-27-2005 at 07:38 AM
Dirtdogs Thanksgiving, Days 4-5

Sorry for the delay, the Holidays and such.

Day 4 started with Sunday Brunch at Mama Espinosa's, we seemed to be a littl early as more food kept coming out. We had never really been to El Rosario, only passed through years ago when running late and heading to Catavina. So we headed out the river to see if we could ride North on the beach. That was not possible but we did have a good time playing on the sand dunes and there was a cool flat track laid out.

I had a low front tire so we pumped it up and headed back to the Pemex to fix it in comfort. We then rode the pavement up to San Quintin for more gas and then out to the beach and up to Camalu. By now it was getting a little late and a couple of the Dogs were not feeling well so we decided to just head up to the Observatory and down into Mike's. The road is paved much of the way now and the Motard guys seemed to be having fun, my YZF is not as happy as the XRs on the pavement.

The guard stopped us at the gate and turned us back, by now it was getting real cold. We had noticed the Score arrows on the way up and rode this years course backwards into Mike's arriving at Dusk. Another good meal by Blanca and we filled her in on our plans for bringing 40 people in December 30th for my 50th. Last spring we did not have reservations and had to sleep on the floor, I don't want that to happen for the party.

Four of the six of us were all getting sick at this point and we turned in early, there were no others staying there on a Sunday night.

The next morning some of the Dogs could not keep fluids or solids in and did not even eat breakfast, the healthy ones got seconds. We decided to pre-run our planned first day of my Birthday backwards taking the most direct route back to Tecate after stopping in the Farmacia in Valle de la Trinidad.

I am a little concerned about my Birthday, we will have 9 cars/trucks and about 18 motorcycles. The riders have varying experiance levels. Leaving Mike's at nine and the stop at the Farmacia we still got back at 1:30 so it should be pretty easy in December.

With the sickees two of us endd up doing all the driving home, and we had to go to work that day.

Hope everybody enjoyed the report and look for us over the New Years weekend at Mike's and in San Felipe!

Chase Trucks? ??
We don\'t need no stinking chase trucks!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2005 at 08:16 AM

Great report. Too bad some got sick, that takes a lot of the fun out of it. We'll be in San Felipe new years eve (Sat) at Bajalou's turkey feast, stop by if in the area. Have a happy birthday at Mike's.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-27-2005 at 08:31 AM

I didn't think about the rule of no motorcycles allowed in the park when you guys told me you wanted to try the old logging road into Mikes from Vallecitos (past Corral de Sam)! Perhaps if you ride up from Mike's instead of down from the Observatory road... unless it is fenced or signed???

Bummer on the illness... any idea what or where it was caused by?

Thanks for the report!

We hope to be at Baja Lou's as well...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DEVEAU
Nomad

Mood: "WFO"

[*] posted on 12-27-2005 at 02:37 PM

Don't know what got the guys sick, some had just a flu and a coule like they ate something bad.

I was a little worried about getting stopped, they had lets us through in the past.

I would love to stop at Lou's but hearding 40 plus people from Mike's to San Felipe I''ll be lucky just to get them into town. I am afraid if we stop I'll never get them all moving again. Also a little worried about or reservations at El Capitan, may have to go to plan "B".

Chase Trucks? ??
We don\'t need no stinking chase trucks!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-27-2005 at 05:43 PM

10-4, well have a great time!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajasunshine

[*] posted on 12-28-2005 at 08:56 PM
Road trip

Im new to this site, and happy to find it,Your story was the first one I read, and nothing better than some storys prior to my trip down in June.. I have not been down for 4.5 years, and just hearing the word Mama Espinozas..... What a Happy thought,

The whole getting sick,,not fun...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.