Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: El Palomar canyon
Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 08:55 PM

That is not it. I literally mean a BATHTUB. From the looks of the pic the bathtub I remember is further up the canyon. Now I gotta go back.

[Edited on 1-24-2006 by Pappy Jon]
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 11:47 PM
Bathtub in palomar ?

Thanks for clearing that up DK I thought he was talking about the hottub:tumble: so you know english is may second language i only have 3 years of schooling in the usa, therefore all my bad spelling shows all the time, but Im still learning. the only thing that whe found was a old jacuzzi about 50 ft upstream from this hottub, that's connected by the same water source.. I didn't hike up the canyon maybe the tub still there ...:?:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 12:50 AM

Your English is far better than my Spanish amigo! Good job!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Thanks for clearing that up DK I thought he was talking about the hottub:tumble:

Sure wish I could find my pics.

[Edited on 1-27-2006 by Pappy Jon]
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 10:57 PM

Lost pix from Palomar canyon

[Edited on 8-28-2008 by BAJACAT]

Vero in Palomar.JPG - 41kB

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Great shot of cholla (jumping cactus) at work!

Looks like you got it Bajacat... Good job!

Irazu.JPG - 48kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2008 at 11:25 PM

I bump it to reset the pix,some how they got deleted.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2008 at 07:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Great shot of cholla (jumping cactus) at work!

Looks like you got it Bajacat... Good job!

Good thing someone was there to help remove them. They give a real meaning to pain in the back.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2008 at 08:24 PM

Tw, I was the the someone that help remove them,She is a friend of the family almost like my cousin,thats what I toll my wife so she wouldn't complain, when I help her..

ssrnoola

[*] posted on 10-22-2008 at 11:36 PM

Quote:
Hi Nomads, just got my cp fix from a terrible crash. Just in time to let you guys know about my trip Originally to Guadalupe-C but end up esxploring el Palomar canyon. Whe cross the border in tecate friday, the 6 about 9:30. stop to get somethig to eat end up eating hamburgers in tecate what a irony hamburgers in mexico o well, got to the laguna exit about 10:20 am road is in pretty go shape, got to the canyon around 10:40 am due to the peolple in my caravan did'nt fell good doing 80 ml/hr on the Salada so we had to slow down.stay in Arturos El Sol camp. perfect weather 76* degress., next day got ready and took off to explore el palomar canyon 30 miles down the road. road condition is ok up to the 24 mile marker then in whinds to the west to the top of the canyon thats when you start crossing sand washes this is the entrance to el palomar canyon ( 31 56' 39" N 115 40' 89" W ) this is where the bad road starts. this canyon is just 4 miles up the stream going throught a palm fill oasis at the end is a bathing pool just like the ones in GC this is the end of the road ( 31 56' 25" N 115 45' 06" ). Altitud 1725 FT The next day when to see the other camps on the east side of the stream, across from Arturo walking around the camps I meet the original owner of GC Don Jose Loya espinoza ( according to them they are related to the espinozas of el Rosario.) He told me that the owner of Arturos side was Jose Loya Murillo wich die in 1987, but the all the canyon belongs to him, he sold the other side to Jose Loya Murillo Arturos Dad. Afther all, it was a nice trip putting a side that whe run out of paper plates and had to recycle old ones. another great trip to GC like always whe enjoy being there. looking foward to go back soon...
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 08:41 AM

ssrnoola, welcome to Nomad... please say something!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 10:49 PM

Bump,picture of my truck in the arroyo is in page one in this thread...
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 11:15 PM

Here are 2 maps and 2 'zooms in' on the canyon...

First, the now reported out-of-print, 2009 Baja CA Almanac (if this is a tease tio get you to buy one, great) page, followed by a zoom in on the canyon area.

Next, the long out-of-print 2003 Baja CA Almanac page, then a zoom in on the Palomar Canyon area. Note that the 2003 and earlier Almanac were of higher detail/ bigger scale than the 2009... so older is still good to get, if you can!

That runway is by the general's abandoned hunting lodge at the entrance to Santa Isabel Canyon.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 11:18 PM

Glad BajaCat bumped up the thread... moving maps and photo of it here:

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
actually this place is 30 miles south of Guadalupe canyon..Its call Palomar canyon, with hot springs, but the water is nos as hot as Guadalupe Canyon.'near this place is a trail that takes you from Laguna salada to Laguna Hanson...

In 1958 I drove up Palomar Canyon in a 2-wheel drive ton and a half flatbed truck full of Sierra Club'ers & their camp gear to a Rancho in a huge palm grove well up the canyon-----on a really good dirt road---------that road later washed out, and I was never able to return to that Rancho tho I tried several times over the later years.

Palomar Canyon is a jewel, and huge!!!

Barry

10 years later, in Erle Stanley Gardner's book (1968) the road in (and I recall BajaCat has a photo of this road with his Dodge on it):

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 1-3-2013 at 02:57 PM

Here we are in 2001 crossing the canyon between the house and pool.

xmasPalomarWorkers (Copy).jpg - 46kB

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-3-2013 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Glad BajaCat bumped up the thread... moving maps and photo of it here:

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
actually this place is 30 miles south of Guadalupe canyon..Its call Palomar canyon, with hot springs, but the water is nos as hot as Guadalupe Canyon.'near this place is a trail that takes you from Laguna salada to Laguna Hanson...

In 1958 I drove up Palomar Canyon in a 2-wheel drive ton and a half flatbed truck full of Sierra Club'ers & their camp gear to a Rancho in a huge palm grove well up the canyon-----on a really good dirt road---------that road later washed out, and I was never able to return to that Rancho tho I tried several times over the later years.

Palomar Canyon is a jewel, and huge!!!

Barry

You know, David, after looking at your maps, I am thinking that my memory might be failing me on this one------referring back to my post about the 1958 trip, perhaps it was Santa Isabel Canyon that we went up that trip--------I know I have camped several times in each of those canyons, but now I am thinking the "Sierra club trip" that I drove the flat-bed truck up a canyon might have been Santa Isabel. (that was a long time ago)

Barry

10 years later, in Erle Stanley Gardner's book (1968) the road in (and I recall BajaCat has a photo of this road with his Dodge on it):

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2013 at 06:38 PM

Barry... I don't see any added text by you in the quote bump above? Do you think you were in Palomar or Santa Isabel?

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-3-2013 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Barry... I don't see any added text by you in the quote bump above? Do you think you were in Palomar or Santa Isabel?

Not sure, David, but I think Santa Isabel after seeing your maps. See my comments added to your posting above with the ancient picture in it within the "quote" box.

Barry
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 12:58 AM

Any photos of the general's villa?

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 12:01 PM

The Pool House, DK.

Isabel pool.jpg - 34kB

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.