Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Baja photographs needed
gringorio
Senior Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 1-13-2006 at 02:15 PM
Baja photographs needed

Hola Nomad?s,

I?m posting this here rather than in the ?my Baja website? forum in order to get a broader audience?

I thought I would try another time to solicit photographs for the home page of http://www.BajaCaliforniaConservation.org . Everyone is welcome to send in an entry. Right now Ken Bondy?s photographs appear on the home page, but they have been up for a while and so I feel that it?s time for a change. Some of you may recall that I did this a few months back and a couple people sent in photos (Thank you!), but the response was not big enough to have a selection of photos to choose from.

Seven photos are needed for the rotation, one for each day of the week. The photographs should represent Baja & Gulf of California landscapes, flora, and fauna and have been taken there. You can send in multiple photos, but ideally one photo per person will be chosen. The selected photos will have the photographer?s copyright information and a link back to your email or website (if desired).

If you?re interested please send your entries to me at joder@earthnet.net . Please include your name as you wish it to appear for copyright information, the location and year the photo was taken, and a brief statement that says you took the photo and permission to publish it online. Also, high resolution digital images are preferred as scanned images tend to lose quality. So pick your best shot! Artistic and aesthetically pleasing photos that tell a story are encouraged.

Baja & Gulf of California Wildlife & Ecology forums are not part of any organization ? they stand alone as a resource for all of us. I am a student of ecology and evolutionary biology at CU Boulder and the forums are something I created out of a love for the region and a desire to provide an opportunity for everyone to participate in discussions and share information on the ecology and conservation of Baja and the Gulf of California.

Thanks!

gringorio

:bounce:

[Edited on 1-13-2006 by gringorio]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-13-2006 at 06:33 PM

Sand and the Sea of Cortez....

Time: July, 2005

Mood: Very happy!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2006 at 07:28 PM

very peaceful photo David... thanks for sharing it. is it one for submission?:yes:

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Sand and the Sea of Cortez....

Time: July, 2005

Mood: Very happy!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2006 at 10:50 PM

Greg, you are welcome to any one of my photos at VivaBaja.com or I have shared here on Doug's forum!:biggrin:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ursidae69
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2006 at 10:58 PM

Hey Greg, I'll try and remember to send some pics on Tuesday next week. I have a few over the years. ;-) Just don't have many good bird photos. I need to get a digital SLR and some good lenses someday.
bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2006 at 11:01 PM

I love Ken Bondy's stuff.

I think your site is great. Here are a couple of contributions that I will offer from my website, if you would like to use them.

turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 09:36 AM

If you want to check out my website, you might find something you could use.

Here's one of my favorites.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 10:23 AM

Some shots at Mision Santa Maria de los Angeles, Apr. 2003...

One of my favorite Baja areas!

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 10:57 AM
heres one for you Gringorio...

gave me a chance to go and look through some of my older photos;):yes:

Tim
Junior Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 12:21 PM
pictures

You are more than welcome to choose/use any pictures that appear on my website.

Tim

It\'s better down there!

www.timsbaja.com
gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 12:40 PM
entering photos

Hey Ya?ll

Thanks for the outstanding response! Part of the fun of this is to have those of you that are interested choose the photos you want to enter (rather than me choosing from a website) so then I have a pool of photographs to choose the seven from. Plus, like many of you, I don?t have much time to spend perusing websites for photos, though I wish I did! :yes:

So, If you have a website with photos or a few photos to enter, please email them to me in the largest jpg file size that you have (I think Nomad?s limit?s the file size you can post to 50k). That way we have a higher quality image to work with when placing them on the home page.

**Please include your name as you wish it to appear for copyright information, the location and year the photo was taken, and a brief statement that says you took the photo and permission to publish it online.

Muchas gracias!

gringorio :bounce:

[Edited on 1-14-2006 by gringorio]

bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 12:46 PM

...Mag Bay 2004

I hear the whales song
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 12:54 PM

Greg - are you including for consideration those images sent to you from that earlier call for photos? (please say yes)

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 01:04 PM
yes

yes, but could you please resend them? (i'm groveling in apology for not having saved them in my email files...) :(:biggrin:

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2006 at 12:24 AM
another one for you

Does it look familiar to you eedrt88?

Love those old man cactus photos, bajataco. Particularly the bottom one. Up close and personal. And that great lighting. Really nice.

[Edited on 1-15-2006 by Skipjack Joe]
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2006 at 09:49 AM
skipjack...

we must have been there on the same day:lol::lol:

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 03:01 PM
Sisyphus?

Greg,

I love that new avatar of yours!

It reminds me of that required reading in college, Camus' Myth of Sisyphus. Remember? That was the gent in olden times who was punished by the gods to roll a stone boulder up the mountain only to have it roll back down. And then the task would start all over again from the other side.

Skipjack
gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 05:20 PM
Sisyphus

Thanks Skipjack!

"The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor."

:O

gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 05:22 PM
Photo request correction

Thanks everyone for the great response! I already have nearly 50 photos to choose from ? it?s going to be a hard choice!

I need to make a correction regarding the home page: Due to the nature of the program I will not be able to have a live link in the status bar to the email or website of the photographer of the chosen photos. This only works if the photos are all from the same person as all the photos in the program can only be linked to *one* address. However, I can still have your email or website visible alongside your copyright credit should you choose to do so.

Anyhow, I?ll let everyone know when the seven photos have been chosen and are up on the website.

Thanks again for the great response!

gringorio

:bounce:

[Edited on 1-17-2006 by gringorio]

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 06:14 PM
Gringorio...

are you going to do 7 photos at a time and then switch to a different set or are you going to just choose 7 and that will be the only ones you ever use?...just wondering

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.