BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What hapened to Pompano??????????
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 09:01 AM
To Bad

This thread was really developing into something that you could write back home about.

Yea, Listening to Jimmy as I write---"From the bottom of my heart"

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 01:27 PM

Hey there, Nomads...Hola. Nice to see you. May we join you again? The Interent being what it is...we have never been that far away. Thanks for wondering about us though...we have been quite busy for the last few months in the cold country and I had little if anything about Baja to post...and I know you don't want to hear about frozen details of North Dakota, Canada, and Alaska. Although there were some very unusual and interesting events.........but maybe another time when it won't ruffle any feathers.

We are just now back in Baja after some long days of travel from the Far North. Great to be back home again and looking forward to contributing some fishing and other Baja news to the board. We just got online today thanks to our San Lucas amigo, los frailles. So... you are forewarned and it will be your own fault for reading any posts I may make.

We stayed at BajaCactus Motel at El Rosario and enjoyed it very much..although I had to help Manuel adjust the sat-tv to get some CSI crime show Felipa has become addicted to lately. Again, the rooms there are nice, clean, have big beds and we always leave refreshed...although it gets a trifle chilly in the winter months. Picked up a Canadian hitchhiker who was stranded at the bus stop there and got him to Mulege. The bus stop cafe has great food, by the way...buffet style.

Went around many caravans headed south. Guess tourism is on the rise.

Now time to unlimber fishing rods, line up some reels, and pray to the wind gods. Will be back later...adios for now, Pompano.

p.s. I have one sad, but necessary apology to make to Dave....the bottle of gin I was going to procure for you from our London-based daughter did not make it across the pond. Next time, my friend. That martini will be that much sweeter.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
World's Shortest Books. Current edition: "How to Cook Sushi."

That's hilarious! :lol:
Welcome back.
Bob H
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 03:45 PM
It's only a seven hour flight!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
p.s. I have one sad, but necessary apology to make to Dave....the bottle of gin I was going to procure for you from our London-based daughter did not make it across the pond. Next time, my friend. That martini will be that much sweeter.

Must have been some kind of party.

Not to worry, my upper lip will remain stiff. ;)

I appreciate the thought, anyways.

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 04:26 PM
your posts were missed...

glad youre back Pompano:yes::yes:

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 07:27 PM

welcome back Roger

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 07:33 PM

Welcome Back Roger... I can almost smell the banana cream pies!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 10:13 PM

Not an attack, Jan, just a flash-back to years gone by....

Bill

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 10:23 PM
Marinero,

I didn't think of it as an attack at all.

I'm still puzzling through why I got such an instant response to the OP's question.

I posted a lengthy explanation because why I connected so fast after reading the post is a mystery to me.

Cheers and here's to Baja: the people who love the special place and the people who make this bulletin board a special place.

Regards.
Gypsy Jan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 05:49 AM
Why North Dakota? If you only knew....

We thank you for the welcomes. And to answer why one would migrate between Baja and North Dakota is very easy.

North Dakota is a lot like rural Baja. You meet so many interesting friends on shopping days to town. Here's Felipa and I going shopping in ND.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 06:38 AM

hey pomp...i think i saw you and your lovely wife in felipa santa rosalia yesterday....

you had someone with you and i had to finish my fm3 stuff before 1PM....

i just made it....next time i'll butt in....

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 06:56 AM

Hola Bob/Susan....Yesterday there was a flurry of FM-3 people in Cochania...(slang for Sta. Rosalia). We had Olivia Canul do our FM-3's again. She is fun to deal with and we have some history with her and Loretta up there. One of these years we might try doing them ourselves, but we would miss the fun of interaction and then too, it helps to support the local economy.

I will try to keep my boat-wake down as I pass your place on my way out fishing!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.