Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Timbabichi & Baja Search & Rescue
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 12:11 AM
Timbabichi & Baja Search & Rescue

Looks very enticing. Has anyone ventured there? Did a search and came up with this thread.Baja Search & Rescue A good example of JRs' attachment to the penninsula and a particular Nomad (DK) including his intolerance to his uncooperative audience.:lol:

[Edited on 1-16-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 08:04 AM

I don't understand your statement Sharks... In my only post in that thread I was saying hi to a Nomad who rarely posts (westy), then this line:

"J.R. and I are going to Dave's for a pastrami sandwitch!"

I picked JR up at his place and we went to Dave's deli down the highway...

I think that was the time I brough a couple of bags of my kids' outgrown clothes down to him.

[Edited on 1-16-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 12:43 PM

My point was; JR and you actually did have a friendly relationship despite the inuendo. This was before many of the present Nomads.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-16-2006 at 06:26 PM

Thanks Sharks...

Oh, yes we sure did... in person JR was always a nice fellow, and I had been to visit with he and Carol on a few times...

We had the bbq meeting of Baja Cactus at JR's... and you can see me, JR, Baja Bernie, Baja Nomad (Doug), Jesse and Antonio and his dad all having a good time... http://vivabaja.com/bajacactus

Then JR and Carol came to Antonio's first Baja Cactus Cultural Festival (in Tijuana) and we all had a good time there... It is a bit blurred but a good photo of a laughing JR (sitting next to Herb) is in the theatre before we saw the film 'Bajo California, the limit of time'... http://vivabaja.com/fiesta

The point is JR (on the Internet) used conflict as a means to get his views out or make others aware, or just to get others to think.

I knew this, but it still irritated me that he called people here names (chicken coopers, p**** gringos, etc.) and had the need to degrade my contributions to Nomad because I live mostly on the north side of the border... saying I was an 'occaisional tourist' going to gringo enclaves... etc.

Anyway, that is past and what we all should do is remember JR's intentions for the peninsula were good.

I would like to have another pastrami with JR at the Nueva York Deli, any day ... instead of the void that he created with his pre-mature departure from our world that we have now!

[Edited on 1-17-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 12:47 AM

Good on ya for the post David. He HAS been immortalized.:lol: At least here anyways. ;)

Still wondering about Timbabichi. I know JR had been there as well as San Evaristo many times. We have lost a good source.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2006 at 08:14 AM

If any one with Adventuer in their Hearts, a Desire to get Away from the Rabble,goes and stays at Tambecihi, they will forever be changed.

Skeet

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.