Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: ChevronTexaco to build huge LNG terminal
Seatrumpet
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 08:00 AM
Texaco/Chevron

If I were there, I would be in my boat, protesting too!

When I moved to Texas City, Texas as a small child, I saw the body parts all over the roads, some blood and flesh stuck to signs and walls of homes. Due to an explosion that seems to never be forgotten! That was about 1947. Some say it was the worst tradgedy ever other than 9/11 in NY>
Slowly but surely, the chemical companies ruined the land in Texas City, people got ill, including my Mom who unfortunatly died due to the pollutents, and so much more.
This is such a tradgedy happening all over the world due to greed!

Breaks my heart to read all about this!

I love this site! Hola all....from Sea
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 02:26 PM

I actually support this project, we do need gas you know.

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-20-2004 at 06:34 PM
It's Not Over 'Till The Fat Lady Sings

Both leaders of the former ruling party, the PRI and the PRD are opposed to this plant. They believe that the Plant would violate Mexico's sovereignty and compromise it's national security.

There is a full article in Sign on San Diego, dated 4/20/04.

This is not a done deal, there was front page coverage in today's San Diego Union.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by Margie]

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2004 at 02:25 PM

It will get done, there isnt much those parties can do, its betwen the federal gov headed by Fox and the local gov headed by Elourduy, and both support the project.

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-21-2004 at 07:39 PM
Good bye Costa Azul

We left early this morning to finally go take care of the yard down in PB, and it's still not finished .

I really tried to take in the Cosat Azul, both on the way down and coming back.

What a jewel, everything just sparkled.

What a mistake, a big friggin LNG plant on it's way, a huge treasure lost.

Costa Rica is looking better everyday.

[Edited on 5-22-2004 by Margie]
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 07:43 AM
Losing Perspective?

The upside:
1. Possibly lower cost fuel
2. No contamination floating on the water and getting into the marine life as is now the case with pumping oil.
3. Cleaner burning with far fewer cancer causing chemicals in the soot pouring over the current and future residents of major Baja cities.
4. Placed far away from the coast such that it may look no larger than a passing cruise ship on the horizon.
5. Managed by a company with the experience, both good and bad, such that protection of their investment would be of utmost importance (converse to a government installation).

OK, now for the emotional outpouring of the negatives...:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

[Edited on 5-22-2004 by The Gull]

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 03:30 PM
good answer, Gull

We used to say they were
NIMBY- Not in My Back Yard
now we have the
BANANA- Build Absolutely Nothing Absolutely Nowhere Anytime
My answer to those folks is simple,
"Do you live in a house?"
"Do you drive a car?"
"Do you burn fuel in your car or house?"
If the answers are yes, then sit down and shut up, you got yours, and you don't want others to have theirs.
For me, I am concerned that the BANANAS will keep my kids from having a house or anything else they need in life.
Ah well, this too shall pass...

Baja Arriba!!
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 03:43 PM
Paradise Lost?

thebajarunner:

Cool view!

Makes me wonder what might happen if the activists really wanted to do the right thing for the environment would they go to the electric company today and protest the damage to the ecosystem from the pumping of oil into water at Rosarito Beach? Would they protest and throw their bodies in front of the gates demanding that the carcinogenic plume that covers their community every day from the smokestack, should stop?

Then we would have no power going to areas like SADM... wait a minute! There might be something of a thought beginning ...

Fellow Nomads, join me on a march for humanity against the power company in Rosarito Beach. We need to shut it down. Please join me any day of the week.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 11:13 PM

As a matter of fact, Greenpeace and NDRC are addressing this issue as we speak. Infact, Greenpeace activists sailed to the power generating facility and mounted a demonstration against the electric company just a short while back.

Not in my backyard is exactly what the oil corporations are doing, these plants are being reviled in the US, so they are bringing their crap down here; the windfalls are going to the oil corporations and whoever they paid off down here, 80% of the product is for US consumption,
only 20% for Mexico.

Let's hope that Bobby Kennedy Jr. and the NRDC will launch a successful campaign against the electric company, as they did against the Mexican government and Mitsibushi salt project.

[Edited on 5-23-2004 by Margie]

The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 09:12 AM
Best of luck to Greenpeace and the NRDC

Good to hear that Greenpeace and NRDC are addressing and mounting as we speak. Are the lights flickering in San Antonio del Mar?

When they are successful in shutting down the power plant in Rosarito, the land all along the coast will be allowed to return to it former condition. Also the ownership will revert to the ejidos and the gringos will be forced to leave their campos. Can't wait to see that one. There is nothing extreme in that view. :mad:

The Mexican residents will be provided yet another economic hardship, but hey, US liberals, will have spewed their extremism in another part of the world and provided themselves the disillusion that they are ridding themselves of the guilt of being what they are.

These groups only want to impose "their style of life and belief structure" on the rest of the world. Isn't that want they accuse Bush of doing? What is that called?

Why is it that Greenpeace and NRDC can know what is best for the world and the US government under Republican leadership cannot do the same? Baffling???? :saint::saint::saint::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[Edited on 5-24-2004 by The Gull]

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 12:51 PM

Gull, you were the one who complaned about pumping oil into Rosaito Beach and the carcinogenic plume, and asked if environmental activists really wanted to help, why aren't they doing something about it.

What these organizations, along with Mexican environmental groups are doing is working to establish a reduction in toxic flow and emission levels.

So, I take it you were for the proposed San Ignacio Lagoon and Guerro Negro Salt Plant?

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 01:09 PM
Greenpeace

Hey, this is news.... Greenpeace actually lives up to their name and "sails" to the site>>>> riggghhhhtttt, bet they went out in their fossil fueled, pollution emitting Zodiacs, just like they always do, what a bunch of hypocrites!
And Bobby Kennedy, Jr..... double-WOW! You mean he finally got a job, nahhhh, no way! Soon that family will have spent all the old man's money and we will hear no more of them.
Meanwhile, the plant goes into Mexico for the same reason people move to Mexico, less restrictions, less government interference, etc.

Baja Arriba!!
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 01:28 PM

You know, why do I get the feeling that if all of these proposed LNG plants go in , 16 in all from the border to the tip, and the Nautical Ladder, you will be one of the very first ones wringing their hands and crying what happened? What happened to Baja?

I have to agree with jrbaja on this one, see it now before it's too late.

You generalize about why people move to Baja and Mexico, however it is true that the big American oil companies are coming here too avoid scrutiny, as well as around the world in less developed countries.

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 07:47 PM

These are your words ,Gull, how else are we to interpert them?

"Makes me wonder what might happen if the activists really wanted to do the right thing for the environment would they go to the electric company today and protest the ecosystem from the pumping of oil into the water at Rosarito Beach? Would they protest and throw their bodies in front of the gates demanding that the carcinogenic plume that covers their community every day from the smokestack, should stop?"

For more information on Greenpeace activities in Mexico, log into http://www.nmsy.edu/~frontera/ Seems they are also helping over in Chiuahua.

I simply asked if you favored the Salt Plant, in a question form, since you obviously have put down these same environmental groups that helped stave off this plant.

[Edited on 5-24-2004 by Margie]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.