BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where are those hot springs I keep hearing about?
Marmeon
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 09:25 AM
Where are those hot springs I keep hearing about?

Hi. I'll be kayaking from Mulege to Loreto in late February. I've got two weeks, so there will be lots of time for relaxing, hiking, snorkeling and just getting winded in. Stuck on a beach in paradise. I've been through worse.

I've been hearing rumors of hot springs but don't have any specifics. Are there any between Mulege and Loreto that would not be hard to get to from the Sea by foot? After a day of paddling, a long soak sounds pretty inviting. I'm willing to hike a ways. Thanks for any information you can share.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 09:27 AM

They are along the shore of Bahia Concepcion... Santispac to Buenaventura... Nomads that live in the area can give you specifics...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 10:45 AM

Marmeon,
there's several of them, but only one that I know you can get in without getting murked up.
...that's the one on playa coyote, at the feet of the rocky cliff, east end of the beach(see picture), there's interesting small shrimps living in them.
Otherwise, if you don't mind the mud, you can try Santispac.

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 11:01 AM

The springs at Santispac are no longer hot they are luke warm, was there New Years was very disappointed.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 11:30 AM

Santispac's hot spring has been polluted periodically for many years. Easters are especially festive with mamas and babies with tons of diapers floating around.

Coyote eastwall hot spring was great for about 10 years afer we built the wall around it...looked at it about 15 years ago and never went back.

Aqua Caliente is good yet, but you need to hike some miles or go by boat.

One between Posada and Santispac has pretty much pooped out, too.

Posada's might be okay, but don't know if it is open to the public..although it must be very close to the Zona Federal. I haven't used it since we had some 'scuba parties' there in the 80's.

A couple over by Baja Patty's old rancho Margarita are still flowing.

These springs come and go over the years, so you just might try some exploring on your own...who knows when the next one will gush forth?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2006 at 04:20 PM

If you are going by Kyack south from Muelge, as you round Pulpito and South about a Mile is the area of Hot Water. {105 Degrees at times]

Look out for the white Lobsters if you go diving there. Drag you Hand in the Water and you aill feel it right away.

Skeet/Loreto
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2006 at 11:09 AM

here's a pic of Santispac hot "mud" baths

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.