BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Wow! Minnow Where'd You Go?
Jim

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 09:02 PM
Wow! Minnow Where'd You Go?

I was just in the midst of replying--without the use of anything profane or abusive--to Minnow's thread crying hypocracy on this board, when voil? I received the message "You're not permitted to view this forum"--or some such warning, and the whole thread disappeared into the ether.

I was attempting to suggest that Minnow should lighten up a bit and not take this board so seriously.
-that he should differentiate between the good, the not-so-good, and the downright awful rhetoric that is frequent here;
-that he should recognize the obsequious sycophants (redundancy intended);
-that no one on this board has demonstrated any expertness in any field no matter how eloquently we attempt to articulate our point (including this writer); and
-that life is way too short to get so uptight over anything to do with this Forum or any Forum on the World Wild Web.

Anyway, I didn't get to post it because it dissappeared. Gee, Minnow, maybe you are correct.

Oh well, my life goes on.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 09:05 PM

While I understand the need to audit and delete specific activities, I don't need to be part of a forum in which the moderators simply delete anything they want. Explanation please!

[Edited on 10-31-2003 by Mike Humfreville]
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 09:35 PM

Well guy's, that is exactly what is happening. Five or six times in the last couple of days to my posts alone. No profanity, no name calling, only an opinion different from those in control. Free exchange of ideas, Hardly.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 09:42 PM

The thread started by Minnow asking about the Santiago Zoo funds disappeared from us all.

Jeans gave a very complete accounting in that thread. As it was Minnow who started that thread, it would have been Minnow who removed it.

Read the 'Board Suggestions' forum for my opinion as to why.

Jim, Minnow must have deleted the thread while you were in the middle of typing a reply.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 09:44 PM

Replied to 6 hours ago....

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=1514

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 10:11 PM

That is funny David. Doug can tell you who deleted it. Doug why don't you let is all know.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 09:16 AM
Look what I missed

Gee whiz, I am so disappointed that my comp. was down yesterday. I bet a lot of you enjoyed my silence though !
Hey Minnow, aren't you in south Baja somewhere ? I 'm headed down in about 3 weeks if not sooner. I will bring the Pacificos if your interested.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 11:25 AM
And they wonder why.

It's no wonder they doubled the price at America south hotsprings. Costs more to put up with the clucking and cackling :lol:
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 04:40 PM
Moderation

While the owner of a web board can do whatever they please with it, a MODERATOR is not necessarilly the owner. A RESPONSIBLE moderator would not delete ANY thread HE or SHE has participated in. Anything elsewise is UNETHICAL.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 06:05 PM

You are exactly correct Mike... That's why I know M didn't delete the Santiago Zoo thread... Only Minnow could have, and he is getting some of you to believe he is some kind of victim.

Wise up Jim, Tucker, Ski Baja... Minnow has turned against people like us who share Baja (that's why any of us is on the Internet Baja boards, I thought), and joined the few who consider Baja a private playground to be kept secret, at thaaat other place.

The thread that is now gone, started by Minnow, was asking jeans about the Santiago Zoo fund. Jeans answered in detail... As it wasn't the answer Minnow thought he would get and it didn't make jeans 'look bad', Minnow deleted it since it made him look petty for asking.

Too bad where there is 'good' (for most baja lovers), there is evil to try and distroy good.

Minnow, you were once an amigo, joined us at BBBB-1, gave us great amounts of fish, joined us again at Viva Baja-3, then got hostile once you went to thaaat other place... The place were slander, insults, and ridicule gains you high marks. Where a photo taken with a telephoto lens of me scratching my butt has been repeatedly posted for their laughs. A photo that included my child and license plate. A photo the host or the poster refused to remove. Nice place, huh?

This board is for Baja loving people who have matured beyond that.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 06:35 PM

David K, please explain what the santiago zoo thread has to do this what we are discussing here. For your information, Jeans PMS'ed me and told me how she thought my questions were accusatory and wrong. I didn't get her message until after I posted my response. I thought she wanted me to delete that thread.

Since things seem to be going to fast for you I will explain what is going on here. M deleted several of my posts that had to do with her and Jeans, Guadalupe Canyon thread. Then when I protested on new threads, she just went along hitting the delete key to all of my posts. Jim, got caught in that, and so did Doug Means, as he had used it as a quote in his suggestions and comments section.

Turned against you. Get real. I never was with you. I am an individual capable of forming my own opinions based on facts. I am one hell of a nice guy. I try and help people and do the right thing, but when hypocracy throws itself in my face, I will not stand for it.

If I didn't give a crap about what happens here and the future of this board, I would never have said anything. I however do. Good things can happen here, but not if only the thoughts and needs of a few are represented.

I have more to say but have plans tonight.

Stay tuned for Jeans PMs-messages. The lady could make a truck driver blush.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 06:52 PM
Bullpoop

OK, I see my name mentioned David. Actually, I followed that entire conversation between Jeans and Minnow. I thought it appropriate that he asked where the donations went since he hadn't heard. I also thought Jeans gave a very good reply which was answered by Minnow with a very sincere if not apologetic answer.
I was kinda hoping the money went towards getting rid of all zoos on the planet but that's beside the point. There seems to be one right here.
As the most down to earth and logical person on these boards, (Mike Humphreville) pointed out to me and others, perhaps things are being read into posts and skirting if not altogether losing their true meaning when posted.
Nevertheless, if it continues to be a back and forth "hen house" sort of issue, it will never be resolved and possible future friends might end up as enemies without a chance being given.
Please, leave this "American" style behaviour at the border. Because I certainly don't see the Mexicans acting in this manner. Unless of course I am buying eggs.:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 06:53 PM

I read where M said she deleted ONE of your posts, and said why.

I am glad you finally admitted to deleting the entire Santiago Zoo thread, instead of blaming the moderators. Now, I hope Mike Humfreville and others who were getting upset at Baja Nomad will read your admission.

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 07:03 PM
Welcome to the

Aw, come on folks...
At our house we have a cat box where the cat does her business. Sounds like you all are spending too much time in there.
Lighten up, or Doug will take his board and go home.
Thanks for being tolerant Sr. Dueno del Sitio...

Baja Vida!!
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 07:20 PM
Your almost right DK

The posts I deleted were because I got a number of e-mails requesting that I delete your hostile posts. EVEN A REQUEST FROM STEPHANIE J. now THAT is hypocracy. I resisted deleting at first and pointed out they were opinions and were not vulgar, HOWEVER, you just got meaner as reins were rather loose and I granted their requests. I deleted ****1***(ONE)on my own accord as it was hostile and directed to the women on this board. As for the Zoo thread, I did not delete it despite it being a transparant gimmick to stir up crap and question Jeans honesty on the board for all to see. Despite your nasty intent, she was very civil and detailed in her response. I am rather surprised that a tantrum like yours has gone on for so long...Arn't you tired of it yet? I hope so. M
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Stay tuned for Jeans PMs-messages. The lady could make a truck driver blush.

There was not one profane word anywhere in my messages to you.

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by M
The posts I deleted were because I got a number of e-mails requesting that I delete your hostile posts. EVEN A REQUEST FROM STEPHANIE J. now THAT is hypocracy. I resisted deleting at first and pointed out they were opinions and were not vulgar, HOWEVER, you just got meaner as reins were rather loose and I granted their requests. I deleted ****1***(ONE)on my own accord as it was hostile and directed to the women on this board. As for the Zoo thread, I did not delete it despite it being a transparant gimmick to stir up crap and question Jeans honesty on the board for all to see. Despite your nasty intent, she was very civil and detailed in her response. I am rather surprised that a tantrum like yours has gone on for so long...Arn't you tired of it yet? I hope so. M

M... as Minnow isn't named, and only I am in your heading... it may not be clear to whom you are directing the above... Thank you for clearing it up. Perhaps it is clear and I am just too full of Halloween candy to see it, LOL! Happy Halloween everybody!

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by David K]

M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 08:05 PM
DK

DK wrote: "I read where M said she deleted ONE of your posts, and said why."

I deleted1(one) post on my own. The other posts that I deleted were from people who e-mailed me and asked me to delete them.
THAT is what I was referring to David. The rest of my post was directed to Minnow.
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 08:34 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! When Jeans and Dk e-mail you to delete a post, or bring it to your attention, doesn't mean it you should delete it. You are the Moderator, you make the decisions. To delete posts from a thread you are involved in is UNETHICAL!

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by Minnow]
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 09:23 PM

Isn't it great we have so many strong personalities here!? But to repeat my opinion: you should not contribute to a thread you moderate! At the very best it's a cheap shot to be able to say something while you have the ability to delete anothers words.

And at the same time, I think we all read into others words what the writer is truly trying to express. While it's not my place to judge and I always try to see both sides, I can understand that it had been a while since jeans posted where funds went. But when I originally read Toms post inquiring into same I sensed a certain animosity on his part. I don't know where that came from, but it's not my affair, it was just there, if only in my mind.

I trust jeans, I donated along with many of us and knew she would do the right thing. I trust Tom to also do what he thinks is the right thing in asking for an accounting.

Perhaps the damage was done in the tone of Toms post (NOT to find blame where none exists). Maybe jeans should have let us all know re $$$, I don't know.

But here's what I do know.

1. My family and I have made hundreds of good friends because of Amigos, Freds and now bajanomads boards.

2. We have these flareups from time-to-time and they go away sooner or later. Many of us have strong personalities and at least unique patterns of behavior. We should expect that, to appreciate that.

3. I have learned patience (what little I have) from writing, reviewing and re-writing to try and remove unintentional insults to those I enjoy (occasionally there are folks I ENJOY peeing off).

4. I want our group to continue to grow and gather occasionally in common sites where those of us who so choose (ALL of us who choose) can kick back and get to know each other around campfires, across generations, incomes, lifestyles, educational backgrounds, etc, etc, etc.

5. I know that I hate it when we grow selective and self-oriented, pushing some hidden agenda. And that includes me: I don't want to dominate but to fit into the middle.

Wherever my family and I travel in Baja lately, we find folks we already know. Many of them we have met previously thanks to boards like Nomads; some we know only from their "web" name, but we know their general nature by their words we have read. It's a wonderful, warming time. In early October we met accidentally at Gecko in Bahia de Los Angeles where the entire camp just had a great time, swapped dinners and lunches and fishing trips and friendships and jokes and campfires into the night, withstood storms and boating problems and laughed through it all and had a great time and were saddened when we had to leave such great folks behind.

THAT'S what makes relationships work for me. Were there times in that trip where I was mildly annoyed by some friend? YES! But I let it go and poof, the next morning it was history. We ALL have irritating facets. ALL of us. End of Rant. Sorry.

Let's get on with building pleasures in each other rather than tearing ourselves down???
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.